Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey. Dublin. Dec 1st 2014.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Someone please reply

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

If you no longer have the email confirmation sent after booking you can still print your tickets directly from your account.
    Print your tickets right now when you sign in to your My Ticketmaster account:

1) Click "My Ticketmaster" at the top of Ticketmaster.ie
    2) Click "Order History" under "My Account" on the right
    3) Click "Print Tickets" for the order you wish to print
    Phone Orders: If you do not have the email with your tickets attached as a PDF file - or you do but the attachment isn't there please call our Customer Service team on the number below or use the "Contact Us" tab above.
    Calling from Ireland: 0818 903 001
    Calling from Northern Ireland/UK: 0844 277 9964

But it's coming up that there's a problem processing then and to contact customer service

If I go to a box office at the venue with a printed recept and confirmation email will that be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

no idea you could chance it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wow, worst crowd ever. The usual talking/shouting bullsh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Apart from all the poxy hipsters I've been in worse crowds!

Enjoyed the gig though drifted a bit at times but he sounded great!

Some the better album tunes where good asleep sounded great!!

6.50 for a pint though uhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Yes I am blind was the highlight for me, wasn't expecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Birneybau wrote: »

I've not been to very many gigs but I didn't notice it particularly. Plus the band was so loud it drowned everything else for me. And, whisper it, maybe it's not surprising people's minds wandered a bit during all the new album dirges...

So yeah Moz was on fine form, just thought it was a mediocre set of songs that didn't lend itself to the band's strengths. Loud, epic tracks like The Queen Is Dead and Speedway, that's where the band shone. Other highlights for me were vocal-centered song like Smiler with Knife and Asleep. And I would have sat through Meat Is Murder on a 90-minute loop just to hear (and:o 'sing' along to) Everyday Is Like Sunday at the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

After that encore, wow.

And the opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Sadly that's the norm these days. I'm just glad to get thru a gig without an Ole Ole Ole....
    Moz voice is as strong as ever, his band are great, decent setlist, I hadn't heard him play Suedehead in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

this was my first morrissey show and i thought he was good, went up with a bus load of morrissey die hards and they hated the gig because he didnt play enough old tunes

6.50 for a can of cheap cider no thanks lol

Way too much of the current, let's be honest, mediocre album. Still glad to share the room with him. He missed a trick not playing 'Irish Blood/English Heart'.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

This was my 7th time seeing Morrissey. A bit disappointed truth be told. I really dont think new album is great but obviously he has to play a lot of it. He sounded great and band were very good but quality of material had me, if im honest a bit almost bored at times-something Ive never experienced at one of his gigs. The big songs were superbly delivered though to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I was a bit disappointed myself, but what can you do? I thought he sounded great and I knew he'd be doing a few new songs but didn't expect so many!

The highlight for me was probably Trouble Loves Me. Was great to hear Suedehead too and of course, Everyday is like Sunday. A few people behind me were being noisy during Asleep. :mad:

Really glad I saw him in Vicar Street last time. I don't think it could get any better than that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

to start with 'the queen is dead' and 'suedehead' was great but there was a lull in the middle when he played mostly the last album which in understandable as you can see he's still quite upset over the whole thing , was hoping for some tunes from 'you are my quarry' but i will say i don't think ive heard a better version of 'everyday is like sunday'

He missed a trick not playing 'Irish Blood/English Heart'.

Would be kind of a cheap shout out though, if you listen to the lyrics it doesn't really say anything about us beyond the title. Now you say this though, there wasn't much of a sense of occasion overall for what I presume was his biggest ever Irish gig. The only reference to his surroundings I can remember was him pointing out the Behan projection during Mountjoy. At one point he drew himself up for what seemed like some magisterial declaration and it just tailed off into "thanks very much" or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Was it well attended, top tier curtained off?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

furiousox wrote: »
    Was it well attended, top tier curtained off?

Yeah top tier was closed, the floor downstairs wasn't packed either. I'd take a wild guess at about 5000 people or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

His long was the set? I've seen him twice and felt short changed both times TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

What a great gig. I'm a long time Smiths / Moz fan. Have seen him live a few times. I wasn't checking the time, but I think he played for about an hour & 45 mins, which is about average.

It was fantastic to hear The Queen is Dead, Meat is Murder & Unloveable, but I loved the fact that he played 7 or 8 songs off the current album. I think it's the best thing he's done in years.

I've no problem with him playing only 3 or 4 Smiths songs - to be fair, they split almost 30 years ago. If it's just Smiths songs you want, check out http://www.thesecharmingmen.com (they're an amazing tribute band).

The backdrops of the Queen / Will & Kate were hilarious. He really has no time for them. The Meat is Murder video was heavy going, but to be fair, he really doesn't sit on the fence.

I thought his vocals were drowned out by the band at times, but that's probably because the venue didn't suit. I reckon it was 80% full (at best). The top tier was curtained off & there was a good bit of standing room. Dublin really needs a decent 5-7,000 seater venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I’ll be honest, I expected a couple more at the end, and it did feel like it was dragging on in parts. Irish Blood is a great song, twee or not. It’s only twee if you think 90% of his entire subject matter range is. It’s a fine statement against Toryism at a time when we’re learning about them covering up paedophilia on a mass scale in the 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

I really enjoyed the gig and was happy enough that he played a large chunk of the latest album. World peace is none of your business was a highlight for me. I found the video a bit disturbing and while i appreciate the point he is making it kind of killed the atmosphere for me. Stephen was in flying form all evening though.

A woman fainted pretty much in front of me during the video, needed first aid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

First time seeing Morrissey. Him and the band were in fine form I though. The Queen Is Dead, Suedehead, Trouble Loves Me, Asleep and Everyday Is Like Sunday were my highlights - all absolutely fantastic. I really liked some of the songs off the latest album (Smiler With Knife was especially great), but oh my god, Kiss Me A Lot has to be one of the worst songs I have ever heard. Absolutely terrible, both lyrically and musically. I actually could not get over how bad it was. There was definitely a few times during the WPINOYB tracks that I was bored. Crowd wasn't great around where I was standing for those songs either.

Speedway was brilliant too - loved the random song change in the middle :D I've never been a fan of studio version of Meat Is Murder, but it was great live. Such raw emotion in his voice during it. Doubt there was too many people lining up at the burger stands outside after the video :P

I didn't get to see Anna Calvi after all, which is a real shame as I hear she was really good. I definitely did enjoy the gig, but sadly it wasn't as amazing as I had imagined a Morrissey gig to be back when I was a super fan in my teens.

A woman fainted pretty much in front of me during the video, needed first aid!

You must have been beside me then!:) (Unless it was a different woman). I was going out for a sit down during a few of the World Peace tracks cos I've a gammy knee and I was afraid something similar would happen to me through DVT or whatever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Its a brutal venue, totally destroys the intimacy I enjoyed when I saw him at the INEX, Vicar St, The Olympia etc. That said the sound is very good.

Enjoyed the gig all in all, though the crowd wasnt great, very subdued for a Moz gig I thought. First time ever sitting down at a gig - felt like I was watching other people watching a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 catfips

Been to quite a few Morrissey gigs I thought he was pretty great. Scandinavia and Paris need to be gotten rid off though, but the section with four songs from World Peace was excellent as they're the strongest tracks from the album. Istanbul, Yes I Am blind and Speedway (with a great little dollop of Gilbert O'Sullivan added) were top notch. Queen and Asleep were pretty unbeatable. Glad I made it over from Galway for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

ZV Yoda wrote: »

I thought his vocals were drowned out by the band at times, but that's probably because the venue didn't suit. I reckon it was 80% full (at best). The top tier was curtained off & there was a good bit of standing room. Dublin really needs a decent 5-7,000 seater venue.

Agree with that. The gap between the O2/3Arena and the next biggest is huge. The next biggest would be the Olympia afaik, which only takes 1240. Nothing between 14000 and 1240.
    Majority of gigs in the O2 are not selling out at all.

• Advertisement

What did y'all think of Anna Calvi?

That was my third time seeing her, first 2 were her own gigs in Vicar Street.

A force of nature in my opinion!

Advertisement