Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coopers IPA kit

Options
  • 03-09-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi Guys,

I got a coopers IPA kit that calls for 500g light malt extract and 300g dextrose.

I have a tin of liquid LME and about 450gs of light spray malt. I dont have any dextrose so the plan is to do a short boil with all my malt and add table sugar and some hops then mix with the coopers kit in the fermenter..

what do you think..is table sugar OK? do I have too much malt? suggestions please

many thanks as always

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

what abv are you looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 38 brucy

Im looking for a really big IPA about 6.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

If sometimes I have no dextrose to hand I use brown cane sugar and will do the trick for busting you ABV, your gonna have to add a nice bit of hops to balance it out

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

that kit turns out a great beer if you add a nice bit of hops ..say 40 hop tea and 30 dry hopped or the likes....I also used brown /demerara sugar to boost abv on this

Advertisement