Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Seller any intention of actually selling to me

Options
  • 03-09-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

(Hi all. I have recently paid deposit of €5000 to purchase a house that we went sale agreed on. Todate nothing has been sent to my solicitor as the seller has not indicated who his solicitor is to the estage agent yet. The for sale sign on this property has been taken down months ago and today i seen the owner up cutting the grass the putting the for sale sign back up.... ( the owner doesnt live in this property by the way) .

should i start looking for another house and can i get my deposit back as i now have feeling he has no intention of selling the house to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mr_seer

clonesbabe wrote: »
    (Hi all. I have recently paid deposit of €5000 to purchase a house that we went sale agreed on. Todate nothing has been sent to my solicitor as the seller has not indicated who his solicitor is to the estage agent yet. The for sale sign on this property has been taken down months ago and today i seen the owner up cutting the grass the putting the for sale sign back up.... ( the owner doesnt live in this property by the way) .

should i start looking for another house and can i get my deposit back as i now have feeling he has no intention of selling the house to me.

Get out of that transaction quick smart. He is either playing games with his bank or trying to get a higher offer. Either way it isn't good for you. Get your deposit back from the EA

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Run.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

As per the above- he probably only put it on the market to satisfy the bank. Its a safe assumption its not actually for sale........

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭clones1980

Thanks everyone. Just as i thought. Alarm bells kinda went off when he asked the estate agent for letter for the bank with proof of offer. Dont know why the ass accepted my offer when he has no intention of selling tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would write (direct to the owner if you have their details), specify that your offer stands for 10 days and then give up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

That''s normal to ask for proof of funds.

A vendor not having indicated who their solicitor is however, is not.

That means title deeds haven't even been sought yet. I would say walk away at this stage and of course you can get your deposit back. Once you instruct the EA you are withdrawing from sale they must request it back immediately. Most agents hold it in a separate account for deposits only that is held there till the close of the sale. It can sometimes take up to 10 days to get it all sorted but no more than that.

Sorry to hear this, the vendor does indeed seem to be playing games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

clonesbabe wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Just as i thought. Alarm bells kinda went off when he asked the estate agent for letter for the bank with proof of offer. Dont know why the ass accepted my offer when he has no intention of selling tho.

Just messing you about to keep the bank off his back.
    You are not alone.

Advertisement