Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Bil - line rental and extra charges

Options
  • 03-09-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I signed up for broadband package, €40 a month. This was the only figure ever mentioned when signing up. I got set up with broadband in last 3 weeks. My first bill is €97. There are two charges for line rental on this bill which i was told i wouldn't have to pay. I was told i would only have to pay that if i got my broadband with sky. There are set up charges and service charges even though i was led to believe this was all included in the package.

Tried ringing 1901 told i would have to wait over 10 minutes to talk to someone. Disgraceful to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

YeAh! wrote: »
    I signed up for broadband package, €40 a month. This was the only figure ever mentioned when signing up. I got set up with broadband in last 3 weeks. My first bill is €97. There are two charges for line rental on this bill which i was told i wouldn't have to pay. I was told i would only have to pay that if i got my broadband with sky. There are set up charges and service charges even though i was led to believe this was all included in the package.

Tried ringing 1901 told i would have to wait over 10 minutes to talk to someone. Disgraceful to be honest.
    Did you ever get any clarity on this? Same exact thing happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

Ya, apparently theres loads of extra charges on the first bill. Every bill from now will be €40.....apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

YeAh! wrote: »

Sorry to hear of this YeAh!

Feel free to PM me your account details and I will look in to this further

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Same has happened me. I ordered a broadband line in May(25th), it was eventually put in at the end of July, broadband is still pending and its the 9th of September now. I have been charged €€70 something and I still havent got a working service or the package I requested. Theres a fault open with eircom since the 1st of September. Their service is absolutely appalling and will never go with them again once this contracts up

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Same has happened me. I ordered a broadband line in May(25th), it was eventually put in at the end of July, broadband is still pending and its the 9th of September now. I have been charged €€70 something and I still havent got a working service or the package I requested. Theres a fault open with eircom since the 1st of September. Their service is absolutely appalling and will never go with them again once this contracts up
    Hi Ah-Watch

Sorry to hear this, Please PM me your eircom account number and I will follow up on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Ah-Watch

Sorry to hear this, Please PM me your eircom account number and I will follow up on this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent. I spoke to the engineer last week, an absolute gent but my gripe is more to do with the service and communication I've got from Eircom or lack of up until I rang at the start of September

Hi Ah-Watch

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent. I spoke to the engineer last week, an absolute gent but my gripe is more to do with the service and communication I've got from Eircom or lack of up until I rang at the start of September
    Thanks for the PM Ah-Watch

Yes I can see that the broadband order is still pending and much beyond the targeted completion date. I will need to seek clarification from operations on this but as soon as I have any further information I will let you know right away.

In the meantime can you confirm the line is working and able to make and accept calls?

Thanks
    Al

As should be states on the account with that UAN no theres no longer a dial tone even though there was when it was installed. It had a dial tone the week it was installed and when I rang that landline number the phone I borrow to test it , rang but ever since there hasn't been a gig out of the phone line at all.

As should be states on the account with that UAN no theres no longer a dial tone even though there was when it was installed. It had a dial tone the week it was installed and when I rang that landline number the phone I borrow to test it , rang but ever since there hasn't been a gig out of the phone line at all.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Ah-Watch

I'm still awaiting an update, I will let you know as soon as I obtain more information on this delay and at present that’s looking like it could be tomorrow.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Hi Ah-Watch

I'm still awaiting an update, I will let you know as soon as I obtain more information on this delay and at present that’s looking like it could be tomorrow.

Thanks
    Al
    Grand,

Just received yet another bill this morning from eircom and theres a charge for invalid payments (direct debit) on the bill too. The bills can mount away there and be unpaid until there is actually service. Again Alan I'm not giving out about the engineer that rang me last week, he was very helpful but its the appalling service and communication (whats that :pac:) since signing up in May. I'll hold off for your update later today. If theres no satisfactory outcome I'll hand it over to Comreg to sort out with ye. 

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement