Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your address is not yet enabled?

Options
  • 03-09-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I've been waiting for efibre for a while now. All year it said it was going to be available in June 2014.
    Now it says "efibre is available in your area but your address is not yet enabled".

What does this mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Hi accap1f8
    It means that your address is NOT on a "pre-determined route" and you could be waiting sometime for service,if at all
    Regards
    Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I've been waiting for efibre for a while now. All year it said it was going to be available in June 2014.
    Now it says "efibre is available in your area but your address is not yet enabled".

What does this mean?
    Hi accap1f8

I can confirm that the availability and coverage of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where it is available upon exchange upgrade. [font=Times New Roman","serif]While the map indicates that efibre is available to areas located within the shaded green area this is not the case and works to roll out cabinets to areas within the shaded green zone is set to continue in to the future. There is a message located beside the map stating:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]"Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker"[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Do feel free to PM me your landline number and address and I will check coverage and plans for your specific area/address.[/font]

thanks

Al

Advertisement