Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Fibre in Tobersool

Options
  • 03-09-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Eircom Representatives,

I've just noticed that a new E-fibre cabinet is being build close by my address and I'm wondering if I will be or can be connected to this cabinet.

BRN2_006 - Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress

Regards
    Jjoe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Don't hold your breath Jjoe.The cabinet could be right outside your property and you still might not get EFibre due to lines running,and I'm quoting Eircom here, "pre-determined routes".Eircom don't tell their customers this unless you ask them directly.Instead they produce a totally misleading and inaccurate coverage map making it look like the whole area covered in green will get service and then try and justify the lack of service by pointing out a small disclaimer paragraph next to the map.I started a thread here pointing this out to Eircom rep Alan and am awaiting a response.I feel it is only fair that the map should show these "pre-determined routes" instead off the misleading information we see at present
    Regards
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jjoe

I totally agree Steve, it should be made crystal clear to all customers and potential customers where the Eircom E-Fibre Service starts and ends and what routes are available. Hopefully though I may be able to get onto this cabinet or am already on it...we'll see what the Eircom rep says. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Jjoe wrote: »

I've just noticed that a new E-fibre cabinet is being build close by my address and I'm wondering if I will be or can be connected to this cabinet.

Regards
    Jjoe
    Hi Jjoe

I'll be happy to look in to this for you if you would like to PM me your address?

Thanks
    Al

Regards
    Jjoe
    Hi Joe

I'll be happy to look in to this for you if you would like to PM me your address?

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent..thanks

I've just noticed that a new E-fibre cabinet is being build close by my address and I'm wondering if I will be or can be connected to this cabinet.

Regards
    Jjoe
    Hi Joe

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent..thanks

Thanks for the PM Jjoe

Efibre operations have confirmed that the cabinet should be ready to go live by November however we will be unable to see if your line is connected to it until works are completed and it goes live. I can fully understand that it would be good to know whether to expect efibre but that's something we cannot offer you at present - apologies for this Joe, hopefully I'll have better news for you in November :)
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, I was speaking with an Eircom Engineer last week and he confirmed that our line is connected to BRN2_006 Cabinet  so, fingers crossed, we will be able to get E-Fibre when it goes live. Don't suppose you can provide an update on the status of the cabinet.

Hi Alan, I was speaking with an Eircom Engineer last week and he confirmed that our line is connected to BRN2_006 Cabinet  so, fingers crossed, we will be able to get E-Fibre when it goes live. Don't suppose you can provide an update on the status of the cabinet.
    Hi Jjoe

A date has not been finally agreed yet but indications suggest not long now and hopefully early December - a couple of weeks :)

Al

I see that the cabinet is now live, can you find out for me if I can get connected as yet?

Thanks
    Jjoe

Hi

A date has not been finally agreed yet but indications suggest not long now and hopefully early December - a couple of weeks

Al
    Hi Al

Not sure if you seen my previous thread but I've noticed that the cabinet, BRN2_006, is now showing as live and E-Fibre enabled. Would you know when I will be able to avail of this service.

Thanks
    Jjoe

Hi Alan, did you see my message above?

thanks,
    Jjoe

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, did you see my message above?

thanks,
    Jjoe

Hi Jjoe

Apologies for the delays, I've been waiting on clarification from efibre operations. They have confirmed that the cabinet based at Delvin Road, Gormanston is live however your line is not currently connected to it. I've enquired as to when efibre will become available to your line however efibre operations have insisted that until a new cabinet is planned efibre will not be available from eircom - new plans should be available towards mid 2015 if you would like to get back to me then. I'm sorry I could not offer better news on this joe.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al,

However I recently had an engineer fix an issue we logged with our phone line and I was chatting to him about E-Fibre and he informed me that we were connected to the Devlin Road cabinet.  Could you possible recheck for me please and if we are not can you tell me what cabinet we are connected to.

As always, appreciate your help.

Jjoe

Thanks Al,

However I recently had an engineer fix an issue we logged with our phone line and I was chatting to him about E-Fibre and he informed me that we were connected to the Devlin Road cabinet.  Could you possible recheck for me please and if we are not can you tell me what cabinet we are connected to.

As always, appreciate your help.

Jjoe
    Hi Jjoe

Operations had previously advised me that your line's not connected to it - I'll double check with them and get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers
    Al

Hi Al,

Did you get a chance to check this for me and confirm what cabinet I'm connected to.

Thanks
    Jjoe

Hi Al,

Did you get a chance to check this for me and confirm what cabinet I'm connected to.

Thanks
    Jjoe
    Apologies for the delays Jjoe

Operations have confirmed that the line is connected to the cabinet but not connected in a way that efibre is available as the distance it too far - line is just at the 2KM cut off point for efibre availability and operations have insisted that they will be unable to arrange efibre to your line for a number of technical reasons created by the distance.

Al

Hi Al,

Again I appreciate your assistance here but I've recently completed a check on distance from my house to the cabinet and the maximum is 1.8km and that's on the road!. The phone lines follow a more direct route cutting across country so the distance is lower but I'm definitely no more that 1.8 as previously stated.

Can you possible go back to operations please as I would like to know why, when I have the correct criteria as outlined by Eircom that they are still NOT willing to put me on Efibre.

Many thanks
    Jjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They measure loop attenuation from the new cab. You cant measure it by eye or google maps. If you dont meet the prequalification threshold you wont get it. 7Mb at 2000M is in ideal circumstances, not all loops are in perfect condition either. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Al,

Thanks
    Jjoe
    Hi Jjoe
    Al is away but back tomorrow, I have sent this to him for response.
    Tony

Hi Al,

Thanks
    Jjoe
    Hi Jjoe
    Tony
    Hi Tony, Al

Did you get a chance to look into this for me?

Regards
    Jjoe

Hi Al,

Thanks
    Jjoe
    Hi Jjoe
    Tony
    Hi Tony, Al

Did you get a chance to look into this for me?

Regards
    Jjoe

Hi Jjoe

Eircom will be unable to offer you efibre broadband because of a number of technical reasons created by the distance of your line to the cabinet. I have asked for further details as to why this is the case however operations have informed me that such infrastructural details of eircoms network will not be available or open to debate with the public.

I understand the disappointment created by this but ultimately eircom cannot offer you efibre broadband and cannot offer you any further details beyond the current location of your line is at too great a distance from the cabinet.

Thanks
    AL

• Advertisement

Hi AL.

My neighbour has just had E-fibre installed and the engineer was able to tell me other people in my area on E-Fibre, who are further away from the cabinet than I,  are also on E-Fibre so now I'm confused as to why for "Technical" reasons that these folks are able to get this service and yet I'm not. We asked the engineer the same question and he doesn't understand it either. My neighbour's house has been there for the past 40 years and yet it's not an issue for them.
    Can you please find out why its so difficult for them to install this service in my house and other people in my area (Who are further away from the cabinet) and yet its not available to me. This is really ridicules....

Hi AL.

My neighbour has just had E-fibre installed and the engineer was able to tell me other people in my area on E-Fibre, who are further away from the cabinet than I,  are also on E-Fibre so now I'm confused as to why for "Technical" reasons that these folks are able to get this service and yet I'm not. We asked the engineer the same question and he doesn't understand it either. My neighbour's house has been there for the past 40 years and yet it's not an issue for them.
    Can you please find out why its so difficult for them to install this service in my house and other people in my area (Who are further away from the cabinet) and yet its not available to me. This is really ridicules....
    Hi Jjoe

The networks team have advised me that your line is too far from cabinet number BRN2_006. I have been also advised that the lines are not laid in direct sight of the cabinet (not as the crow flies) and can take a variety of routes thus extending the distance before reaching your premises.

I'm genuinely sorry the news is not better Jjoe, however eircom can't offer you eFibre and will we will be unable to offer you further reasoning.

Thanks
    Al

Hi AL,

I'm sorry but this is not true, all other neighbours are connected to the same cabinet and are of a further distance than I am so I don't believe this to be a correct statement. Its an absolute shame and disgrace that Eircom just won't bother themselves to look into this more thoroughly and as usual their customers have to suffer their inefficiencies and neglect and now just won't "further any other reasoning". Shame on you Eircom!!!

Hi AL,

I'm sorry but this is not true, all other neighbours are connected to the same cabinet and are of a further distance than I am so I don't believe this to be a correct statement. Its an absolute shame and disgrace that Eircom just won't bother themselves to look into this more thoroughly and as usual their customers have to suffer their inefficiencies and neglect and now just won't "further any other reasoning". Shame on you Eircom!!!
    I'm sorry you feel this way Jjoe

Our Networks team have assured me this is the case. I'm sorry there is nothing further I can do.

Al

Advertisement