Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems Heating Water For Bath

Options
  • 03-09-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

We have just moved into one of the 2 bed house in Charlesland and having difficulty heating water for a bath, if I leave immersion on or just heat the water from the gas we still only have enough for one shower, I noticed the switch in the hot press is flicking between sink and bath think it maybe broken could be stuck on sink, just a bit frustrated hoping someone can help if they have had any similar problems with water heating?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It should be cheaper heating the hot water cylinder using the gas, but turn off the circuit for the radiators by turning down the thermostat in the Hall to below 15 degrees C. This should heat the water but will take about 45 mins to heat it fully.

Using the immersion is only a back-up in my opinion.

The hot water cylinder is one of the smallest sizes (30") on the market so you won't get much more than a run of 10-15mins at full pelt in the shower. Filling up a bath needs a whole cylinder of fully heated water to be mixed with a bit of cold.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

astrofluff wrote: »
    It should be cheaper heating the hot water cylinder using the gas, but turn off the circuit for the radiators by turning down the thermostat in the Hall to below 15 degrees C. This should heat the water but will take about 45 mins to heat it fully.

Using the immersion is only a back-up in my opinion.

The hot water cylinder is one of the smallest sizes (30") on the market so you won't get much more than a run of 10-15mins at full pelt in the shower. Filling up a bath needs a whole cylinder of fully heated water to be mixed with a bit of cold.

All thermostats are turned down to the lowest temp, I put the booster on for an hour and have the dial on the 'sun' checked water after an hour and it's not even hot! Grrrr!

Any other ideas or does it need a professional because I've just about given up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Which boiler type do you have?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Check around the back of the Emerson heater, you should see a white dial with numbers on it turn it to the highest (6, I think)

Advertisement