Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots, McDonalds and Tesco to create 300+ jobs in Ballincollig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

there aren't enough chemists in Ballincollig. :) had to call the guards for the workers on McDonnalds site as they were creating a racket until 2am one saturday night over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Tesco opens friday 24oct at 11am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

vince wrote: »
    Tesco opens friday 24oct at 11am

Sweet, was someone saying on here that M&S were opening out in Ballincollig as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Where's McDonalds going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

leahyl wrote: »
    Where's McDonalds going to be?

Behind the newer aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Does Ballincollig need a new supermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Apparently a huge amount of Ballincollig people shop in the Tesco in Wilton (based on Clubcard data) so I guess they think they'll get plenty of business from that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

mikeym wrote: »
    Does Ballincollig need a new supermarket?

Variety is the spice of life.
    I can see tescos killing off the smaller supervalu. It'll hit dunnes hard too. Cant see it taking too much business from aldi or lidl tho, not enough to make any huge difference anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,571 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Isnt Tesco on the way out financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

2 billion + profits I dont think there going away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

All we need now is for Dunnes to leave when their lease is up and let Pennys move in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

.red. wrote: »
    Variety is the spice of life.
    I can see tescos killing off the smaller supervalu. It'll hit dunnes hard too. Cant see it taking too much business from aldi or lidl tho, not enough to make any huge difference anyway!

I think Supervalue will be okay - the one in Ballincollig centre has a fantastic Deli that's really good value, the larger one out then does better deals I find. I would expect Dunnes to fail tbqh they're not as common around the place as Supervalu I find
    cgcsb wrote: »
    Isnt Tesco on the way out financially.

On what planet is this being reported?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Tesco's accountants are on the way out at least, I'm sure Tesco will be fine. (Someone, um, missed quarter of a billion pounds on a balance sheet a while back).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Personally never do my weekly shop in tesco but its great to have option in ballincollig

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭thejuggler

The Tesco is much bigger than the other supermarkets in the town which is a good thing in my book.

Not sure where the 300 jobs figure comes from Tesco has around 100 - doubt if the other two have more than 100 between them. I suppose they are including temporary construction jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

thejuggler wrote: »
    The Tesco is much bigger than the other supermarkets in the town which is a good thing in my book.

Not sure where the 300 jobs figure comes from Tesco has around 100 - doubt if the other two have more than 100 between them. I suppose they are including temporary construction jobs.

Tesco would have more than 100 staff between part timers, night pack staff etc. My brother runs a medium sized Centra and they have over 50 staff on the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Was up there today and I think its great. Tesco wilton was where I went for stuff not in lidl/aldi. And only a minute drive :)

Advertisement