Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with website access

Options
  • 03-09-2014 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

I can't get www.Irishjobs.ie to load for me for some reason. The page trys to load but nothing happens.

1. I got a friend to check and also checked below link and website works fine for both of those. http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.irishjobs.ie

2. I've tried in two different browsers and same result.

Chrome version 37.0.2062.103 m
    Firefox version 31.0

3. When I try to ping the irishjobs website I get "request timed out". (If I ping boards it comes back correctly as expected).

4. I tried to clear browser history and flush dns via cmd prompt and no luck.

Any advice on what is likely to be the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

site works for me on UPC
    post your ISP and results of tracert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    site works for me on UPC
    post your ISP and results of tracert

1) ISP is UPC at home, I've also tried in work. I'm not sure what ISP they have.

2) Tracert results are:

pinging Irishjobs.ie [81.246.126.195] with 32 bytes of data.

request timed out.
    request timed out.
    request timed out.
    request timed out.

ping statistics for 81.246.126.195 are
    packets: sent 4 Received 0. Lost 4 (100% loss).

Any other website is sent 4 received 4 and websites load ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Even I can't ping irishjobs.ie but the site is up and working.

Are you using custom DNS? Have you tried Chrome and Firefox in Safe Mode? What internet security product are you using?

advertsfox wrote: »
    Even I can't ping irishjobs.ie but the site is up and working.

Are you using custom DNS? Have you tried Chrome and Firefox in Safe Mode? What internet security product are you using?

1. I'm not sure on this as I don't understand this. I do have some PC knowledge but not familiar with this. Is there a way i can check?

2. Yes and no difference.

3. McAfee. I tried turning off and retrying and no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

1. I'm not sure on this as I don't understand this. I do have some PC knowledge but not familiar with DNS workings / details. Is there a way i can check?

2. Yes and no difference.

3. McAfee. I tried turning off and retrying and no difference.
    Have you changed your DNS servers for example to use US Netflix over here?

Have you tried access the site on another device on the same network (another computer, phone etc.)

• Advertisement

advertsfox wrote: »
    Have you changed your DNS servers for example to use US Netflix over here?

Have you tried access the site on another device on the same network (another computer, phone etc.)

1. Not manually myself but I had previously downloaded on Chrome the following add ons
    Hola and Proxy for Netflix. I disabled all extensions though and no difference to the site loading.

2. I'll try another device on the same network tonight when I get home.

Advertisement