Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do/Does Wrights Purposely sell bad pints...?

Options
  • 04-09-2014 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I was in Wrights last night. I ordered two Pints, mine was the worst Pint I have ever been served ANYWHERE. My friend said his was the same.
    We gave them the benefit of doubt, that a keg had just been changed (That should not be a reason for nasty tasting Beer, and In any other pub they would have replaced it.), and after questioning it, they did NOT change them.

We ordered 2 bottles in the next round, at a very expensive difference, and on the next round, went back to pints.

Muck again.

Is there any governing body that will/should ensure a decent pint?

When I say these were bad pints, I don't mean that they were 'off'.
    I mean these were fecking disgusting, and tasted like something sh!t had been added to them.

Do they do that on purpose to help convince customers to buy bottles/shorts?? Is that possible? Is there any governing body watching?

Pints are now (well)over 5 euro. This is f*cking killing me in scumbaginess..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Contact the brewers to complain.
    Send an email to the pub management too.
    If you get no satisfaction - drink in another boozer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Allyall wrote: »
    I was in Wrights last night. I ordered two Pints, mine was the worst Pint I have ever been served ANYWHERE. My friend said his was the same.
    We gave them the benefit of doubt, that a keg had just been changed (That should not be a reason for nasty tasting Beer, and In any other pub they would have replaced it.), and after questioning it, they did NOT change them.

We ordered 2 bottles in the next round, at a very expensive difference, and on the next round, went back to pints.

Muck again.

Is there any governing body that will/should ensure a decent pint?

When I say these were bad pints, I don't mean that they were 'off'.
    I mean these were fecking disgusting, and tasted like something sh!t had been added to them.

Do they do that on purpose to help convince customers to buy bottles/shorts?? Is that possible? Is there any governing body watching?

Pints are now (well)over 5 euro. This is f*cking killing me in scumbaginess..

Which Wrights bar was it?

I have to say i tend to steer clear of Wrights as general rule. Their interest is just getting the places jammed and don't give a feck about anything else / customer service. And they give out about Wetherspoons!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

BKWDR wrote: »
    Which Wrights bar was it?

I have to say i tend to steer clear of Wrights as general rule. Their interest is just getting the places jammed and don't give a feck about anything else / customer service. And they give out about Wetherspoons!

The one in Swords..
    I tend to steer clear of it too, but a friend home from abroad wanted to go.

I have a rancid 3 day hangover. :(

I honestly can't describe how disgusting the Pints were.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,413 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Save yourself the typing, the people who manage those dumps only want your money not your opinion. They have enough lemmings who will go there because it has a certain reputation and want to 'be seen' there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Strumms wrote: »
    Save yourself the typing, the people who manage those dumps only want your money not your opinion. They have enough lemmings who will go there because it has a certain reputation and want to 'be seen' there.

It's a shame really. I remember the opening night there years back and it was an exceptional spot in terms of Quality. Whilst working in the Airport it was a local for me Tuesday and Wednesday nights and the weekend and I couldn't say enough about it.

I think the fact that I haven't passed the threshold in well over 6 years however is testament to my opinion on it now.

Nice pubs in Swords for a pint would be The Cock or for a quiet pint, The Lord Mayors (haven't done the well yet)

The Old School House is also a nice wee haunt. :)

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    It's a shame really. I remember the opening night there years back and it was an exceptional spot in terms of Quality. Whilst working in the Airport it was a local for me Tuesday and Wednesday nights and the weekend and I couldn't say enough about it.

I think the fact that I haven't passed the threshold in well over 6 years however is testament to my opinion on it now.

Nice pubs in Swords for a pint would be The Cock or for a quiet pint, The Lord Mayors (haven't done the well yet)

The Old School House is also a nice wee haunt. :)

i always refused point blank to pay into wrights for a drink after 11. And by a drink, you more time than not, waiting 3 deep at a packed bar while the bar men served every half decent looking female ahead of you.

The attic is not a bad spot down above the pound either. But yeah the Cock and the Old schoolhouse are good spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yep generally, wouldn't darken the doors of Wrights unless, the OH is going or there is something on, like a birthday etc.

The Cock, or my personal favourite, the Old School House are the only ones for me.

Used to go to the Estuary a lot, good Guinness, but not been for quite a few years now (since the revamp).

Now that craft beer is making an appearance in places like the Schoolhouse, I can't see myself going elsewhere, especially the kind of service you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Joe Ryan's - where are you now when people need you!

Joe Ryan's - where are you now when people need you!

was an absoloute dive but a class dive. God i can still smell it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I've never been into Wright's venue and don't plan to be any time soon. The bar in the village is alright but like the Old Boro it's generally full of trendy ponses. I do like the Cock (that sounds wrong!) and the Old Schoolhouse, the 44 can be alright sometimes too but my new favourite is the Attic bar - nice beers, crowd, surroundings and tunes any time I've been there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Where is the Attic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

It's above The Pound, only Thursdays to Sundays:

http://www.jar.ie/article/review-attic-bar-swords-dublin

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Upstairs weekends in the pound

Advertisement