Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Kasabian are excellent live, I saw them in Galway a few months back. I prefer Arctic Monkeys music, they are a better band but kasabian are better performers.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Jesus Wept.
    Kanye West and Queens of the stone age.

Ah here Kasabian and Arctic Monkeys get a mention and its grand, but when QOTSA get a mention, jesus weeps. Lets not start the whole music snobbery thing in here please.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

The Strokes would be great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

QOTSA are out of the running since they are finished their touring cycle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

We're due a pearl jam show..same promoter(at long last) and they're mainly doing festivals in europe now..it's time..

EP might not be big enough though..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

david75 wrote: »
    We're due a pearl jam show..same promoter(at long last) and they're mainly doing festivals in europe now..it's time..

EP might not be big enough though..

Now you are talking!

Keep an eye out on Colm Hayes on 2FM , He has an EP advent calender and every day he opens it to reveal prizes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Belle & Sebastian back catalogue has recently been released on vinyl

Shouldn't that be rereleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭markmacken

MadYaker wrote: »
    Kasabian are excellent live, I saw them in Galway a few months back. I prefer Arctic Monkeys music, they are a better band but kasabian are better performers.

I heard a mate say earlier that Kasabian are a brilliant live act. But I would never have put in the same category as the Arctic Monkeys quality-wise...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

markmacken wrote: »
    I heard a mate say earlier that Kasabian are a brilliant live act. But I would never have put in the same category as the Arctic Monkeys quality-wise...

Don't rate either and would be quite happy if neither of them were there. All that strutting makes me feel nauseous and was happy when it went away briefly with the demise of Oasis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Don't rate either and would be quite happy if neither of them were there. All that strutting makes me feel nauseous and was happy when it went away briefly with the demise of Oasis

You must really really really hate that guy with a guitar in the camp site singing wonder wall!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Keep an eye out on Colm Hayes on 2FM , He has an EP advent calender and every day he opens it to reveal prizes etc

Is it x2 tickets given away per day?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    You must really really really hate that guy with a guitar in the camp site singing wonder wall!!!! ;)

"That" guy is normally walking like John Wayne the next morning to the portaloos! ;)

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Is it x2 tickets given away per day?

No idea , it was 2 VIP tickets yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Only feel like im ready now to join the 2015 EP thread. I just wasnt able to say goodbye to 2014!!

Hello everyone :)

Wish list would be most of what played this year as i missed loads!

Jon Hopkins just announced on RTE 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, just saw it from the EP facebook page. excellent news!
    https://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/photos/a.125265509167.101362.85480429167/10152914764884168/?type=1
    We are delighted to announce that Jon Hopkins will be joining us at Electric Picnic 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ya Facking Beezer, absolutely fecking mightyo :D:D:D:eek:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Now listening to Collider at a rather intense volume, so pleased with that was so sad I couldn't make it to Samhain to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Jon Hopkins just announced on RTE 2fm.

Do 2FM Daytime listeners even know who he is.

Great news, obviously needed a change of scenery after doing B&S two years in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I was listening to Jon Hopkins when I read that he got announced, pretty chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

More of this Jon Hopkins type thing and less of the meat 'n' potatoes rock people are yammering about, pls.

Also get rid of that Power Anthems tent, its funny how it was run by the ESB and there was a power cut during Bonnie Tyler's set. :pac: I don't know how EP came to that conclusion that 80s AOR was part of the Picnic vibe, it will just attract the glam metal pop types. Aphex Twin with the trippy Weirdcore lasers, facemapping and installations Syro/Tuss show is what we want, well, what I want.

Also get rid of that Rock Anthems tent, its funny how it was run by the ESB and there was a power cut during Bonnie Tyler's set. :pac: I don't know how EP came to that conclusion that 80s AOR was part of the Picnic vibe, it will just attract the glam metal pop types. Aphex Twin with the trippy Weirdcore lasers, facemapping and installations Syro/Tuss show is what we want, well, what I want.

Wasn't there myself but wasn't it packed? So therefore they were providing an act that people are interested in seeing?
    Diversity is the key BD! ;)

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Wasn't there myself but wasn't it packed? So therefore they were providing an act that people are interested in seeing?
    Diversity is the key BD! ;)

I suppose it was rammed in the same way that the Bacardi Bar was except the awful drivel coming from the speakers, I might forgive if they got Kim Carnes though.

I suppose it was rammed in the same way that the Bacardi Bar was except the awful drivel coming from the speakers, I might forgive if they got Kim Carnes though.

it was on the sunday if memory serves and maybe trying to emulate the legends spot at Glasto. Wasn't my cup of tae but sure what i love about both festivals, lots of stuff to do elsewhere. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah the Electric Ireland tent lost power during the 80's power ballad queen, Bonnie Tyler.

You couldn't write that.

The place was jammed for Bonnie Tyler so there is interest. I didn't mind it whatsoever... it's just to hear some classic songs we all know (and probably secretly like)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

-=al=- wrote: »
    Yeah the Electric Ireland tent lost power during the 80's power ballad queen, Bonnie Tyler.

You couldn't write that.

The place was jammed for Bonnie Tyler so there is interest. I didn't mind it whatsoever... it's just to hear some classic songs we all know (and probably secretly like)

I think It was only jammed because it was the first thing on the Friday.

What's happening with the 2fm advent calendar? Are they releasing the lineup through it or is it just ticket giveaways and the like?

keithkk16 wrote: »
    I think It was only jammed because it was the first thing on the Friday.

What's happening with the 2fm advent calendar? Are they releasing the lineup through it or is it just ticket giveaways and the like?

She played on the saturday. I actually went over to see her at 7???? but was told "She will be on about 8 because she is stuck in traffic on the m50 or something". Came back and all outside the marquee was jammers , Stayed for till the power went off since you could barely hear it from outside.

Its both some days its an announcement like Jon Hopkins last night , then there were 2 VIP tickets , There was even a trip to see Bonnie Tyler over in the uk aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

my problem is more with the fact that the stage itself existed. stick Bonnie in one of the main tents.
    get rid of the Electric Ireland tent and all the other tacky bullsh1t that has popped up over the last few years that is making the place look like Oxegen.

Advertisement