Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm not speaking about your decision. I don't care what you drink. I'm just talking about the idea of a 'premium' brew that's sold in cans.

I'm just keeping it on topic(ish).

Craft beer is also much easier to drink when it's warmer. Shame it's so costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

it's a pity the organisers don't have a webcam on the site for the build up to the festival, like BBC do for Glastonbury..much bigger scale I know but would be nice for us to check out the site as things develop.

I might be flying over it at the weekend, depending on the weather. If I am I'll bring my zoom lens. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I might be flying over it at the weekend, depending on the weather. If I am I'll bring my zoom lens. ;)

was it you who posted a pic of the site a few years ago when flying over it?

Craft beer is also much easier to drink when it's warmer. Shame it's so costly.

I tend to abuse alcohol at festivals (doesn't everyone), so I don't think I'd be bothered bringing in good bottles with me, even if we were allowed. You'd enjoy the first few, but after that you'd be just chucking them back. Waste of money.

I left a load of bottles of Brooklyn Chocolate Stout in the car a couple of years ago. Walked out for them on the Saturday with the intention of pouring them into large plastic bottles. Started drinking them instead because I didn't want to 'waste' them. I went through about €40 of it in a couple of hours. It blew the head off me and I puked my guts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I'm not speaking about your decision. I don't care what you drink. I'm just talking about the idea of a 'premium' brew that's sold in cans.

I bought a few brew dog cans one year and they are made exactly for sessions like this. Sure it sounds a bit wrong , but having a nice can of beer is welcome change the same way you buy a cold pint or cocktail at one of the bars just to get away for a while from the awful tack you've been drinking most of the weekend.

I wouldn't be buying a full slab of them thats for sure

• Advertisement

was it you who posted a pic of the site a few years ago when flying over it?

No, that wasn't me. I've flown over it a few times before but never with a camera. It's quite a sight.

lbj666 wrote: »
    I bought a few brew dog cans one year and they are made exactly for sessions like this. Sure it sounds a bit wrong , but having a nice can of beer is welcome change the same way you buy a cold pint or cocktail at one of the bars just to get away for a while from the awful tack you've been drinking most of the weekend.

I wouldn't be buying a full slab of them thats for sure

That's a fair point.

I live near Stradbally and my camping days ended with Oxegen, so I start each EP day with an Irish breakfast and a few bottles of Sierra Nevada. It's one of the (rare) perks of being from the Midlands. I don't mind what I drink after that, as long as I got off to the right start.

If I was camping I'd probably just bring Smithwicks or Macardles. I find that the bog standard red ales hold up fairly well when they're out of the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Small inflatable bucket, bag of ice from the stalls. Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

It's one of the (rare) perks of being from the Midlands.

Made me laugh out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

maximoose wrote: »
    Small inflatable bucket, bag of ice from the stalls. Sorted.

Can you buy ice there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

cson wrote: »
    When I was there in 2013 a gang of sound Nordies who had to leave on the Sunday left us a scatter of drink. Amongst that drink was a box of wine. Yes; a box. About a 3l box of wine. I've never seen anything like it.

Never seen a box of wine before??? They're great!

On the extra capacity thing, surely they'll be making the campsites and the arena a little bigger to accommodate the extra people? The last year I went was 2013 and afterwards there was people whinging on here that it way too crowded on the sunday, but I thought it was grand. No surprise that they're upping the number of tickets when it's consistently selling out year after year, they're in it to make money after all.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Can you buy ice there?

You can indeed. Well, there's always one stand selling it near where I camp in Warhol, I'm sure there are others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

If I was camping I'd probably just bring Smithwicks or Macardles. I find that the bog standard red ales hold up fairly well when they're out of the fridge.

+1 Ales tend to be grand unchilled, especially something not too hoppy like the two you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can you buy ice there?

Theres a Super Valu 10 minutes walk off the festival site.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Can you buy ice there?

Made me think of this..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Theres a Super Valu 10 minutes walk off the festival site.

If you have a jetpack!

Stradbally was a solid hour long round trip from the tent in Jimi (30+30) for us in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

everlast75 wrote: »

Me too.

cson wrote: »
    If you have a jetpack!

Stradbally was a solid hour long round trip from the tent in Jimi (30+30) for us in 2013.

I was there in 2013 and that sounds about right, by the time you get to the exit, down the road, queue and then walk all the way back it was close to an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

parabol wrote: »
    I agree. How many does the Pink Moon site facilitate? Their site says they are merging with the rest of the boutique camping with the bar in the middle. I wonder if they're doing a complete redesign of the layout?

Here is the link http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/festivalfacilitiesdetails.asp?festivalid=46
    Then click on the 'Festival Facilities' tab.

I think it's a good idea, I always thought it was weird having PMC way over the far side of the site away from the boutique camping because it's all boutique camping. However, I wonder/hope if the increase in the boutique camping numbers will mean that boutique campers will be able to go up that little side road between Hendrix and the boutique camping area to get to the arena or will they still have to walk all the way around? It never made sense to me to have everybody going in through one entrance/exit on the Hendrix side, when there's another one at the top of that road, it would also help cut down on queuing and spreads out the traffic a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Sorry if it's been asked already but is there anywhere to buy cans in the campsite?

I'll be travelling to EP solo and don't fancy carrying all my camping crap and a slab of beer if at all possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

lc180 wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been asked already but is there anywhere to buy cans in the campsite?

I'll be travelling to EP solo and don't fancy carrying all my camping crap and a slab of beer if at all possible.

Ya but it's expensive. €60 for a slab of Heineken. You could just setup your tent, then head out to Supervalu in Stradbally and get a cheaper slab there.

If they have any left... If you're on your own you'll probably have to make a few trips to the car.

Ya but it's expensive. €60 for a slab of Heineken. You could just setup your tent, then head out to Supervalu in Stradbally and get a cheaper slab there.

Both good options - cheers!

MadYaker wrote: »
    If they have any left... If you're on your own you'll probably have to make a few trips to the car.

I'll be bus-ing it so no car unfortunately. Hence the reason i don't want to be carrying too much stuff. Cheers tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

They usually take pre orders for the off licence coming up to the festival. As before, it's bloody expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

From EP Facebook page
    Anyone who bought their ticket using the Instalment Plan must have enough money in their account when the next amount is taken out on Friday 26th June. If you don’t have enough, your ticket will be cancelled and the first instalment amount is non-refundable.

I think this is really mean. A couple of years back, I had lost and changed my bank card between instalments. It never dawned on me until friends were talking about the 2nd or 3rd instalment being taken out and I realised mine had not been taken. I was able to call up TM and update the card details and they then took the instalment. Seems unfair to not only not give people a 2nd chance to pay, but also not to refund the first instalment. I wonder will they get rid of instalment entirely next year.

The T&C have always said that IIRC, not actually enforced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

that seems like a bit of a scam! End of the month too. Loads of people would be caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

probably just to cover their arse if they find someone trying to scam them out of the ticket and then they can set it right in a genuine case and make it look like they're doing it out of goodwill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

The email I got said "may have your ticket cancelled" which presumably lends itself to if you call them they may postpone payment for a couple of days?

Advertisement