Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

maximoose wrote: »
    The T&C have always said that IIRC, not actually enforced though.

Yeah this seems to be the first time they are enforcing the T&C. It would surely have been better to wait until next year and enforce this for everyone on instalments from the start. in fairness, I can imagine it causes a big headache for them with admin, but enforcing it on the last batch reeks of profiteering to me. They also need to be consistent about sending out reminder emails that an instalment is due to come out so people could ensure they are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Well until tickets have actually been cancelled, they haven't enforced anything.

Just reminding folks to have money in place and reducing headaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

From the eco camping facebook page, if anyone was interested in camping there..
    Ok so guys here the deal we will be running the application through the electric picnic website again this year, sorry we have not got our web guy on it yet so the dates will be released first up here to give you guys the chance.
    We will let you know very soon the release date, thank you for your patients,
    BYEco team xx

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Killarney Music Festival cancelled.

Could this mean we may see some of these acts get booked for EP? Father John Misty and a few others would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

sassyj wrote: »
    Yeah this seems to be the first time they are enforcing the T&C. It would surely have been better to wait until next year and enforce this for everyone on instalments from the start. in fairness, I can imagine it causes a big headache for them with admin, but enforcing it on the last batch reeks of profiteering to me. They also need to be consistent about sending out reminder emails that an instalment is due to come out so people could ensure they are covered.

EP tweeted an instalment plan reminder about 6 hours ago! Bit harsh alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

gandalfio wrote: »
    Killarney Music Festival cancelled.

Could this mean we may see some of these acts get booked for EP? Father John Misty and a few others would be nice

Would love that but they're probably all playing elsewhere that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

8. This is for the kids who are getting into their partying but haven't earned their mangler badges yet. Remember the golden rule of drugs: you can always take more, but you can't take them back. Once they're in your bloodstream they're not going anywhere* and you'll have to deal with whatever they throw your way.

Heavy acid trips might sound fun when you're reading about them, but taking four tabs at once on your first time is as likely to have you rocking back and forth in your tent stuck on a nightmare loop for eight hours as it is to let you "see the music" when Underworld play Rez. You don't want to be that guy who K-holes outside his tent at 2pm and ends up getting jocked and being the subject of multiple group photos as he lies helpless in a comatose state. And as much as I know you want to be peaking when Julio Bashmore drops Battle for Middle You, that second double drop isn't going to bring the double drop you took thirty-five minutes ago come on any faster. Nobody enjoys a freakout, not you and definitely not your friends who also want to be peaking when Julio Bashmore drops Battle for Middle You but end up having to sit around you in a cuddle puddle, stroking your hair and telling you that you'll be alright.

9. Put a pinch of sage in your boot and all day a long a spicy scent is your reward.

*Except in the case of exsanguination, which presents its own unique problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

^^^that's your best one so far :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Don't take drugs kids*

* Won't someone think of the kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

My mangler days are long behind me* but I still learned something from your post. No need to look at my word-a-day calendar today!

*I was always fairly sensible truth be told, apart from one disastrous, seemingly endless night spent clinging to a friend on a stairwell in a hostel in Galway until a lovely American girl arose, took one look at us and sent us out for a walk and all was suddenly OK. The swans were beautiful! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

8. This is for the kids who are getting into their partying but haven't earned their mangler badges yet. Remember the golden rule of drugs: you can always take more, but you can't take them back. Once they're in your bloodstream they're not going anywhere* and you'll have to deal with whatever they throw your way.

Heavy acid trips might sound fun when you're reading about them, but taking four tabs at once on your first time is as likely to have you rocking back and forth in your tent stuck on a nightmare loop for eight hours as it is to let you "see the music" when Underworld play Rez. You don't want to be that guy who K-holes outside his tent at 2pm and ends up getting jocked and being the subject of multiple group photos as he lies helpless in a comatose state. And as much as I know you want to be peaking when Julio Bashmore drops Battle for Middle You, that second double drop isn't going to bring the double drop you took thirty-five minutes ago come on any faster. Nobody enjoys a freakout, not you and definitely not your friends who also want to be peaking when Julio Bashmore drops Battle for Middle You but end up having to sit around you in a cuddle puddle, stroking your hair and telling you that you'll be alright.

9. Put a pinch of sage in your boot and all day a long a spicy scent is your reward.

My new favourite phrase. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

9a Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you’re laughing at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Heavy acid trips might sound fun when you're reading about them, but taking four tabs at once on your first time is as likely to have you rocking back and forth in your tent stuck on a nightmare loop for eight hours as it is to let you "see the music" when Underworld play Rez.

I have an immense amount of respect for anyone who can take acid in a festival environment and not absolutely lose it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like no Beyonce at EP :(

10469776_908196329245392_8540223512272453438_n.jpg?oh=4a318acdfb09114c303cefaea9b99189&oe=56303E44

Snarky Snark Snark

Gutted I am, gutted and totally devastated, I'm going to cry myself to sleep for the next year over this, rocking back and forth as I try to sleep, singing her sweet sweet lullabies into my flaccid lifeless cock which quit this mortal plain of pain on feeling the ether vibrate at the news.

My balls have also put themselves up for adoption as they were only willing to attend this two bit shindig on the hope of Ms bouncy bouncy playing

That is all

everlast75 wrote: »

Ooh, a head bag. Those are chock full of... heady goodness! :D

10469776_908196329245392_8540223512272453438_n.jpg?oh=4a318acdfb09114c303cefaea9b99189&oe=56303E44

More importantly, it means no Death Cab For Cutie, Banks, Metric or Santigold (whose 2011 set was pretty damn cool). Would quite liked to have seen them added. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

No J Cole either. Holding out for Kendrick Lamar or Childish Gambino still.

10. This may seem a bit obvious for a series of such rare and exclusive tips, but it’s worth emphasising - leave your guitar at home. You’re at a festival with over one hundred professional music acts and there’s a reason why these guys get paid handsomely for their services while you clear out rooms at parties. Your talents are not required - the music starts in the early afternoon and the rave in the woods goes on till 4am, by which time the only acceptable noises in the campsite are talking, laughing, and the sounds of cans being slurped and insufflatable stimulants rocketing up nasal cavities. Sure, if you keep plugging away you might find someone so easily impressed that they’ll sleep with you for having the basic muscle memory required to play four chords. But by this stage, in the opinion of everyone else you’ll be well below touts and just slightly above the guys who go around slashing tents to steal personal belongings. I’m sure crime bosses and African warlords get laid too, but no one’s excusing their behaviour.

D.Q wrote: »
    I have an immense amount of respect for anyone who can take acid in a festival environment and not absolutely lose it.
    You can call me God then so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

basic muscle memory required to play four chords.

The guy you are describing sounds like Hendrix compared to your average campsite guitar-hero. Three chords and a capo is the festival standard.

Repertoire: age 35+ Oasis, age 20+ Mumford and Sons.

Lyrics: one verse plus chorus, mumbled attempts at eventually abandoned second verse….and….chorus to fade.

Motivation: being called a 'legend' 10,000 times in one weekend by 20 dopes who couldn't find their way into the arena where some actual 'legends' were showcasing their talents. Also a roll in the hay that will never happen because of said dopes.

Aftermath: A haze of regret for the sex they never had and the bands they never saw. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

sadie06 wrote: »
    The guy you are describing sounds like Hendrix compared to your average campsite guitar-hero. Three chords and a capo is the festival standard.

Repertoire: age 35+ Oasis, age 20+ Mumford and Sons.

Lyrics: one verse plus chorus, mumbled attempts at eventually abandoned second verse….and….chorus to fade.

Motivation: being called a 'legend' 10,000 times in one weekend by 20 dopes who couldn't find their way into the arena where some actual 'legends' were showcasing their talents. Also a roll in the hay that will never happen because of said dopes.

Aftermath: A haze of regret for the sex they never had and the bands they never saw. :-)

Don't forget the essential 'stop playing and just knock on the guitar during the chorus', the slam dunk play for luring female companions.

No Action Bronson, Vic Mensa and Earl either :( I just want one current good hip-hop act!! Fingers crossed for Chance The Rapper, RTJ or Childish Gambino... Kendrick just won't happen

Snarky Snark Snark

MattD wrote: »
    Don't forget the essential 'stop playing and just knock on the guitar during the chorus', the slam dunk play for luring female companions.

Also, they have to complete with Will from Inbetweeners for the Gold Standard of camp geetaar

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

March-15-2012-00-40-41-ScreenShot20120314at9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

D.Q wrote: »

Festivals are not the place for hallucinogenics at all. Go out into the middle of nowhere and lie in a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have never understood that.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

MattD wrote: »

No Action Bronson, Vic Mensa and Earl either :( I just want one current good hip-hop act!! Fingers crossed for Chance The Rapper, RTJ or Childish Gambino... Kendrick just won't happen

Long time reader (or snooper if you wish), first time poster, Hello boardsies :)

Would love to see Childish and Kendrick, but is Kendrick too big for EP??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Long time reader (or snooper if you wish), first time poster, Hello boardsies :)

Would love to see Childish and Kendrick, but is Kendrick too big for EP??

Welcome to boards, now enjoy the full potential of arguing with people you'll never meet about things you don't care too much about :pac:

Childish would be good alright? Haven't listen to much Kendrick Lamar though.

Anyone have an idea when final acts will be announced?

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Welcome to boards, now enjoy the full potential of arguing with people you'll never meet about things you don't care too much about :pac:

That's exactly what I'm here for :) and pass away the time in boring work...

[QUOTE=
    Childish would be good alright? Haven't listen to much Kendrick Lamar though.

Anyone have an idea when final acts will be announced?[/QUOTE]

My guess is midweek after Longitude is over..

Kendrick is at Reading and Leeds so fingers crossed he'll stay an extra week.
    I had tickets to see Childish a few years back but he cancelled and was supposed to reschedule but never did, raging! He better get announced, just to make it up to me

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »

That's exactly what I'm here for :) and pass away the time in boring work...

[QUOTE=Childish would be good alright? Haven't listen to much Kendrick Lamar though.

Anyone have an idea when final acts will be announced?[/QUOTE]

My guess is midweek after Longitude is over..

Kendrick is at Reading and Leeds so fingers crossed he'll stay an extra week.
    I had tickets to see Childish a few years back but he cancelled and was supposed to reschedule but never did, raging! He better get announced, just to make it up to me

Advertisement