Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

mimimcmc wrote: »
    That's exactly what I'm here for :) and pass away the time in boring work...

My guess is midweek after Longitude is over..

Kendrick is at Reading and Leeds so fingers crossed he'll stay an extra week.
    I had tickets to see Childish a few years back but he cancelled and was supposed to reschedule but never did, raging! He better get announced, just to make it up to me

Most of us are on that boat :P

And send him a message demanding he performs for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Oh i will!

Apologies for the double post and unruly quotations...still learning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

If there's any justice in the world etc etc :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Fatfrog wrote: »

They omitted the most important reason not to wear your wristband after the event; it makes you look like a prat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

MadYaker wrote: »
    Festivals are not the place for hallucinogenics at all. Go out into the middle of nowhere and lie in a field.

Night,field, clear skys. Mind blowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Super furry animals smashed it at Glasto last night, looked awesome on TV!!!!

I see they're in Brighton September 5th! What are the chances of them playing the EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They just played at Body & Soul last weekend so I would say chances of them playing at EP too are slim. I'd say we will hear from Casa Bacardi in the next two weeks or so if last year is anything to go by, then probably more acts will be added to the bill in the few days after Longitude. Red Bull & Body & Soul then will probably announce their acts at the start of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They just played at Body & Soul last weekend so I would say chances of them playing at EP too are slim. I'd say we will hear from Casa Bacardi in the next two weeks or so if last year is anything to go by, then probably more acts will be added to the bill in the few days after Longitude. Red Bull & Body & Soul then will probably announce their acts at the start of August.

Unless of course B&S rebook them for EP that can always happen too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Bollox how did I miss that!! Body and soul is really building!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Currently watching Todd Terje and The Olsens they would be an excellent addition to the picnic get everyone going on the Saturday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Currently watching Todd Terje and The Olsens they would be an excellent addition to the picnic get everyone going on the Saturday evening

Wasted at lame ass Longitude.

Hopefully he does both.

A ****e fingers crossed they do the double and we will take Caribou also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Also mention, hopefully there would be a slot for Suede at the Picnic, I watched Brett Andersons performance on BBC at Glastonbury and my word, he rolled back the years, what a fantastic set, he was in flying form, fingers crossed.............

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This looks fcuking amazing, I canna wait to EP!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

See Donedeal.ie and adverts.ie wont allow people to sell tickets for more than cost price, which is cool now because touts have it difficult to sell tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ruxjit wrote: »
    See Donedeal.ie and adverts.ie wont allow people to sell tickets for more than cost price, which is cool now because touts have it difficult to sell tickets.

that's good to see however the touts will still manage to sell them for more than face value on the likes of donedeal because the punters will offer more money.
    I was selling a buggy the other day on donedeal and I got plenty of calls, one lad offered me more money for it if I was to sell it to him despite me earlier giving the first caller first refusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Wasted at lame ass Longitude.

Hopefully he does both.

Terje is not bringing his full band to longitude based on what people are saying.

I have said it so many times here , international acts rarely come back for the picnic after playing in ireland already that summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Ruxjit wrote: »

They had the same policy last year, but they're too slow to react. I was reporting dozens of sales a day running up to EP & those were just in the minutes I was at work and bored. It took anywhere from ten minutes to several hours for the Ads to come down.
    I'm sure plenty slipped through the nets and will again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

I'm really really really really not trying to come across as a scauldy ass here despite my post probably descripting me as one. But how hard is it to get drugs into EP? Anyone have any tips how to get em in? For personal use only. Not that that makes it any less scauldy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I'm really really really really not trying to come across as a scauldy ass here despite my post probably descripting me as one. But how hard is it to get drugs into EP? Anyone have any tips how to get em in? For personal use only. Not that that makes it any less scauldy!!

Down your pants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

If you're a seasoned drug taker it shouldn't pose any problems.....no different than any other festival or nightclub scenario..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Kompany

Belle & Sebastian Glastonbury 2015

1. Nobody's Empire
    2. I'm a Cuckoo
    3. The Party Line
    4. Another Sunny Day
    5. Allie
    6. Perfect Couples
    7. Lord Anthony
    8. Dear Catastrophe Waitress
    9. If You Find Yourself Caught in Love
    10. The Boy with the Arab Strap
    11. I Didn't See It Coming

Glasto must be a great window shop for potential EP acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Festivals are not the place for hallucinogenics at all. Go out into the middle of nowhere and lie in a field.

The key is to not go crazy on the things. Take a moderate dose and you're in for a hell of a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I took mushrooms in 2013 and it was grand. Just not lsd ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I took mushrooms in 2013 and it was grand. Just not lsd ffs!

If you could pull it off though you'd have a great time :pac:

My mate and his girlfriend have a tradition of taking acid on the Saturday at EP, never chanced it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

2cb has to be the ideal festival substance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e84mxj/acts/ax5wxj#p02v3hl4

If this is on in the Electric Arena its going to be mental

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e84mxj/acts/ax5wxj#p02v3hl4

If this is on in the Electric Arena its going to be mental

It better be. Although knowing the picnic they'll shove him into the little big tent completly underestimating the crowd he is gonna draw. Or worse put him on in electric arena same time as underworld late on saturday night.

• Advertisement

Around 10 on Saturday night would be perfect followed by underworld on the main stage also would rather if they were in the electric arena

I would imagine its going to be a massive crowd its the one thing I'm really looking forward to that weekend

Advertisement