Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm so excited already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Fatfrog wrote: »
    No BD, haven't seen anything on what day he's performing! Purely speculation. ;)

Have you seen the KEXP-hopkins YouTube video! It's absolutely quality!

Have seen it, so looking forward to seeing him at EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

What are the chances of Suede being added to the lineup? Blown away by their Glastonbury set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

gandalfio wrote: »
    What are the chances of Suede being added to the lineup? Blown away by their Glastonbury set

Zero I'd imagine. They would be almost headline material, I don't think the next round of acts will be on that level at all.

For info; the final announcement last year was on 28 July and included:
    James Vincent Mcmorrow, SBTRKT, Bombay Bicycle Club, Wild Beasts, The 1975, Hozier, Hercules & Love Affair, Cathy Davey, Asgeir, Nick Mulvey, Sampha, Seinabo Sey, Rustie, The Strypes, Walking On Cars, Le Galaxie, **** Robot, BP Fallon, Nightbox, Sheppard, The Whereabouts, Trinity Orchestra and Dublin Gospel Choir.

If we got something of a similar calibre this year, I'd be very happy, but Suede would be a big shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Thinking of going for the posh camping option this year. I have read through old posts here about pink moon and pod pads. Just wondering if anyone has advice on which is best/nicest? So far four of us going so we are looking at either pod pads or belle pad. Are pod pads very cramped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think they could all be sold out already :/

Gotta slum it with the average Joe's :-)

I did stay in the Eco campsite at body and soul and had a lovely canping experience a few weeks ago

-=al=- wrote: »
    I think they could all be sold out already :/

Gotta slum it with the average Joe's :-)

I did stay in the Eco campsite at body and soul and had a lovely canping experience a few weeks ago

Still a few left hence the panic and asking all the questions lol! Decision time

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I've a belle pad ordered with PodPads. Recommended by a gazillion people*. As far as I know, Pink Moon is more cramped and are just tents- your bed in the pad will be off the ground, and they have carpet :D

If you have the spare cash, do this, and avoid the campsites!

*minor exaggeration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

€600 for a Double PodPad :eek::eek:

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I've a belle pad ordered with PodPads. Recommended by a gazillion people*. As far as I know, Pink Moon is more cramped and are just tents- your bed in the pad will be off the ground, and they have carpet :D

If you have the spare cash, do this, and avoid the campsites!

*minor exaggeration

Yup have 6 of us so it's working out reasonable price for the added comfort! Gonna go for it now based on that advice thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

pink moon is a complete luxury compared to the normal campsite - plenty of space outside ur tent and between tents. v good value at €175, but i'm going for the €245 'tipi' style tent this year as i'm a long streak of a thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

11695551_478633982295342_6585174008125199557_n.jpg?oh=815cbd07609f2277f36a4d978131c406&oe=5611C07B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

nice, George Fitzgerald, Jackmaster and Maurice Fulton should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

What would be the numbers split between the day tickets and the weekend tickets?

Think Jim Carrol reported something like 6k day tickets in 2012' and 4k day tickets in 2011. But that's actual attendance not capacity.
    I wonder if increased weekend capacity means less Sunday tickets, They did sell out very quickly in 13,14&15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

George Fitz and Jackmaster, sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Eco camping now available to anyone interested, first come first served....

https://www.facebook.com/byecocamping

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

SmallBalls wrote: »

https://www.facebook.com/byecocamping

have they released the sign up thing yet? I think I'll do the eco camping this year seems like a nice idea. the link on that facebook page just says they'll be releasing it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

have they released the sign up thing yet? I think I'll do the eco camping this year seems like a nice idea. the link on that facebook page just says they'll be releasing it soon

That link on their page was working earlier but not now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

have you got the link still in your history? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Link not working here either. Guessing the spaces are gone:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Link not working here either. Guessing the spaces are gone:confused:

I'd be very surprised, it's had only 3 shares on Facebook.

They said in an earlier post on Facebook that they'd be running it through the EP website.

roll wrote: »
    pink moon is a complete luxury compared to the normal campsite - plenty of space outside ur tent and between tents. v good value at €175, but i'm going for the €245 'tipi' style tent this year as i'm a long streak of a thing...[/quote

How big are the two man tents for €175? Can you fit two people in comfortably with all their stuff for the weekend?

Has anybody stayed here before? Where is the eco campsite and is it just as much craic as the general campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

gandalfio wrote: »
    How big are the two man tents for €175? Can you fit two people in comfortably with all their stuff for the weekend?

Had posted it much earlier in the thread, they are probably fine for two girls or a couple who have put their stuff together, if you are a bloke then grand for on your own but for two blokes with their gear / beer, they are not ideal.

Did two years in their two man tent on me own and it was perfect, this year i'm sharing with a family member so we've gone for one of the tipi rainbow ones as they're quite a bit larger.

(I have a suspicion that the rainbow tipis are going to look like a rampant pride village, this tickles me immensely as i've not told the cousin about the colour scheme and await his cavan reaction with glee)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Full eight minute version of the new Hopkins track.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Gotta love "leave them all behind" from ride! Like 2:16 of lead in music before any vocals! How ballsey is that, not something you would hear too often!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Happy with that Casa Bacardi announcement. Joey Negro, Maurice Fulton, Jackmaster and the reflex will all be great, some very good Irish DJs too. The line up is shaping up to be very good, looking forward to seeing who's announced after Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

How bad would it look if I missed my first day of college because I was passed out in a field in Stradbally?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

See James are playing festival 6 (http://www.festivalnumber6.com/). same weekend as electric picnic with a lot of the same bands . Would love to see them play the picnic ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    How bad would it look if I missed my first day of college because I was passed out in a field in Stradbally?

Doesn't matter, you'd officially be a "legend" for the next four years and that's really what college is all about.

Advertisement