Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I fúcking hate Born Slippy. The extended version they did on their live album wasn't too bad but it's without doubt one of their worst songs. Why oh why would you leave after it. They have way better tunes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Synode wrote: »
    I fúcking hate Born Slippy. The extended version they did on their live album wasn't too bad but it's without doubt one of their worst songs. Why oh why would you leave after it. They have way better tunes

Its an awful song, it belongs in Coppers from 1996, where it should stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

bullvine wrote: »
    Its an awful song, it belongs in Coppers from 1996, where it should stay!

god, i'd love to be back in coppers in 96

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Midnight Circus would be about the same size as the Little Big Tent, capacity for 1,500 I think.

Say it could be squashy in there for his set then. If he does clash with Underworld I'm not sure who I'd go to, I'd imagine the chances of seeing Hopkins again are a lot higher. I hate being in the tented stages when they're too busy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Say it could be squashy in there for his set then. If he does clash with Underworld I'm not sure who I'd go to, I'd imagine the chances of seeing Hopkins again are a lot higher. I hate being in the tented stages when they're too busy as well.

Hopkins will be in the Electric Arena i'd imagine, which would be perfect for him.

• Advertisement

Hopkins will be in the Electric Arena i'd imagine, which would be perfect for him.

Sorry I got them mixed up there for a second, if the Electric Arenas a lot bigger it should suit him more, I'd say there will be a lot of people going to see him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Midnight Circus would be about the same size as the Little Big Tent, capacity for 1,500 I think.
    Midnight Circus is a good bit bigger than the LBT i'd say. it's about Rankins Wood stage size.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

I'd call someone who posts stupid statements like knackers will go see Underworld, just for Born Slippy, a music snob

Anyone that would post that would generally have seen what he/she considers knackers at a similar music event.

That's sounds more like snobbery towards knackers rather than having anything to do with the music.

Such a person never stated any like or dislike for any music at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Let it go man. Let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Let it go man. Let it go

That directed at me?

One question and one reply and I'm being told to let it go.

Maybe we should close the thread. It's getting a bit rough in here.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Guys...if George Fitz drops this it will be a magical experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

On another note would love to see Sven Väth announced for Red Bull Stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

deeceemee wrote: »
    On another note would love to see Sven Väth announced for Red Bull Stage....

that would be special, but I think he's up there with Hawtin and would end up in the Little Big Tent. I think the woods is fairly crap for actually going to see/hear a DJ. I was there for Ben Klock 2 years ago and it was jammers and given the nature of the area it was very hard to move around to hear anything but bass boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Zero I'd imagine. They would be almost headline material

Ah bit of an exaggeration. Suede were big in the 90s, but their reunion has underlined how they were closer in size to Manics/ Supergrass than Blur, Oasis or Pulp. Theyd draw a bigger crowd in the UK than here too. They could headline electric arena at a push, or 2nd/3rd last on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Ah bit of an exaggeration. Suede were big in the 90s, but their reunion has underlined how they were closer in size to Manics/ Supergrass than Blur, Oasis or Pulp. Theyd draw a bigger crowd in the UK than here too. They could headline electric arena at a push, or 2nd/3rd last on the main stage.

I remember them playing a cracker of a gig in
    Dublin castle in the late 90s I think

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

To be fair if Butler was involved they'd probably be playing bigger shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

that would be special, but I think he's up there with Hawtin and would end up in the Little Big Tent. I think the woods is fairly crap for actually going to see/hear a DJ. I was there for Ben Klock 2 years ago and it was jammers and given the nature of the area it was very hard to move around to hear anything but bass boom.

I might get a bit of flack for saying this, but my problem with the Red Bull stage is that there's too many casuals floating around. Last year it was bloody jammed for Boddika, with people falling around pissed and chatting up women. I don't like that vibe. The old rave was full of people who knew the score. Of course you don't need to take drugs to enjoy a 'rave', but drunk people bring a different type of energy and it rarely adds anything positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I might get a bit of flack for saying this, but my problem with the Red Bull stage is that there's too many casuals floating around. Last year it was bloody jammed for Boddika, with people falling around pissed and chatting up women. I don't like that vibe. The old rave was full of people who knew the score. Of course you don't need to take drugs to enjoy a 'rave', but drunk people bring a different type of energy and it rarely adds anything positive.

totally agree, the amount of monged out or pissed heads down there makes it hard to get anywhere near to the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

How long will underworld get for their set on the Saturday night?

totally agree, the amount of monged out or pissed heads down there makes it hard to get anywhere near to the stage.

Long gone are the days where the totally pissed fell around the outskirts of EP looking for the rave rather than arriving into the middle of it.. Agreed there is a very different vibe down there in the past few years. Ill rethink my original post and now say Id be happy if he played the Rankins Wood or Little Big Tent?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Don't really agree but I think they're definitely too big to be included in the last round of announcements, which is the important bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the lasers are great though is the only thing id say if they got rid of the lasers there would only be half as many people at rave in the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

deeceemee wrote: »
    Long gone are the days where the totally pissed fell around the outskirts of EP looking for the rave rather than arriving into the middle of it.. Agreed there is a very different vibe down there in the past few years. Ill rethink my original post and now say Id be happy if he played the Rankins Wood or Little Big Tent?? :D

I think what we now need is something similar to the rabbit hole stage at glastonbury whereby there is a stage which moves around each year and takes a bit of effort to find. Anyone who is too hammered will give up finding it, but the real ravers will follow the distinct thud of the drum and bass beats until they eventually hit the stage!

the rabbit hole has been in the same place in The Park for the last few years hasn't it?
    this year was my first year but it was in the same area it was last year, opposite The Park stage at the bottom of Park hill, although they got rid of the big inflatable rabbit of previous years and just had signs outside this year.
    the "secret" underground piano bar is supposed to move around but it has been up near the stone dragon beside the Stone Circle field for the last couple of years at least too.

I think EP just needs somewhere else similar to the RBMA stage that goes until 4am that will stop the place being so packed with people with little else to do at that hour.
    maybe something similar to the Reckless in Love stage at B&S festival, could put it in the opposite end of that forest area, down on the Andy Warhol campsite side.

Electric-Picnic-2014-Sitemap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't mind if EP or Body & Soul booked Alo Wala again, they were absolutely fantastic at Body & Soul festival. Also for reggae headliner please book Steel Pulse, they done an excellent set at Glastonbury.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

the rabbit hole has been in the same place in The Park for the last few years hasn't it?
    this year was my first year but it was in the same area it was last year, opposite The Park stage at the bottom of Park hill, although they got rid of the big inflatable rabbit of previous years and just had signs outside this year.
    the "secret" underground piano bar is supposed to move around but it has been up near the stone dragon beside the Stone Circle field for the last couple of years at least too.

I think EP just needs somewhere else similar to the RBMA stage that goes until 4am that will stop the place being so packed with people with little else to do at that hour.
    maybe something similar to the Reckless in Love stage at B&S festival, could put it in the opposite end of that forest area, down on the Andy Warhol campsite side.

Electric-Picnic-2014-Sitemap.jpg

Well B&S stage at the Picnic does go until 4am too, and usually has a very good lineup.

But you're right, with the yearly increase in the size of the festival they could do with another area that's open til 4 to draw the crowds away.

yeah there's often good stuff in the B&S area late at night. i think a lot of people just go to the RBMA for the "unce unce in the woods" experience, not that they actually care about Boddika, or Joy Orbison or whoever is actually playing.
    another stage elsewhere in there might make things a bit more bearable. the Reckless in Love stage at B&S proves you don't necessarily need big international names to draw a crowd. I think some of the Irish collectives like Hidden Agenda, Mother and Bodytonic doing disco/house stuff on another stage in the woods would go down well.

That would actually be a brilliant idea if they could have another late night dance area somewhere in the woods, at that stage of the night it's what a lot of people want hence why they flock to the RBMA but I completely agree that a lot of people aren't that into it and are just there for something to do. It kind of takes from the atmosphere when there are so many people there who aren't into the music. The Reckless in Love stage at B&S is a great example of how effective it can be and done cheaply too, apart from the Body & Soul area and the RBMA are any other stages open until 4am?

thunderdog wrote: »
    I think what we now need is something similar to the rabbit hole stage at glastonbury whereby there is a stage which moves around each year and takes a bit of effort to find. Anyone who is too hammered will give up finding it, but the real ravers will follow the distinct thud of the drum and bass beats until they eventually hit the stage!

For sure :D Theres a level of predictability to EP if you have been a few years on the trot. Would do no harm at all to introduce a new element to the festival!

• Advertisement

That would actually be a brilliant idea if they could have another late night dance area somewhere in the woods, at that stage of the night it's what a lot of people want hence why they flock to the RBMA but I completely agree that a lot of people aren't that into it and are just there for something to do. It kind of takes from the atmosphere when there are so many people there who aren't into the music. The Reckless in Love stage at B&S is a great example of how effective it can be and done cheaply too, apart from the Body & Soul area and the RBMA are any other stages open until 4am?
    Trenchtown, Salty Dog, Jerry Fish area, and the Oxjam tent are all open until 4am. nothing with house/techno/disco-y DJs though that I can think of.

Advertisement