Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That would actually be a brilliant idea if they could have another late night dance area somewhere in the woods, at that stage of the night it's what a lot of people want hence why they flock to the RBMA but I completely agree that a lot of people aren't that into it and are just there for something to do. It kind of takes from the atmosphere when there are so many people there who aren't into the music. The Reckless in Love stage at B&S is a great example of how effective it can be and done cheaply too, apart from the Body & Soul area and the RBMA are any other stages open until 4am?

Salty Dog and Trenchtown too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Wouldn't mind if EP or Body & Soul booked Alo Wala again, they were absolutely fantastic at Body & Soul festival. Also for reggae headliner please book Steel Pulse, they done an excellent set at Glastonbury.

Great Suggestions there! A similar Sunday slot to the Wailers for Steel Pulse would be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

loving hot chip! anyone have any insight into when they might play and which stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

loving hot chip! anyone have any insight into when they might play and which stage

they have previously played Electric Arena (3 years ago) and it was great.They played on the Sunday that year but sure no idea when they will play this year until the timetable is out or their own site may indicate a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

so from acts so far im hoping to be able to see blur,underworld, manics, hot chip, belle and seb, bit of despacio, jon hopkins, mac demarco,fat white family,2 bears,benjamin clemintine,jack garratt , little may,
    this is some list and still loads more to check out, all in all amazing line up in my view.really looking forward to this weekend , looks likesteppa style in trenchtown too , :) and this girl soak wow,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hot Chip are aaalways great live too. I've seen them about 4 times at this stage and they never disappoint. They tend to be one of the later bands in the Electric Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

yeah there's often good stuff in the B&S area late at night. i think a lot of people just go to the RBMA for the "unce unce in the woods" experience, not that they actually care about Boddika, or Joy Orbison or whoever is actually playing.
    another stage elsewhere in there might make things a bit more bearable. the Reckless in Love stage at B&S proves you don't necessarily need big international names to draw a crowd. I think some of the Irish collectives like Hidden Agenda, Mother and Bodytonic doing disco/house stuff on another stage in the woods would go down well.

100% agree. Some one in EP listen to this man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I wonder what time the Despacio tent will be open until. Hopefully 4am

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just listened to the Magic Whip and think its really good, looking forward to this Blur show at EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Magic Whip is indeed very tasty.
    Look forward to seeing Blur. Last time I saw them was around 1991 in Mandela Hall in Belfast. Went to see with a couple of friends. One of them famously predicted they'd never come to much! I like to remind him every so often!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Hot Chip are aaalways great live too. I've seen them about 4 times at this stage and they never disappoint. They tend to be one of the later bands in the Electric Arena.

Hot chip are quality, but I've seen them so many times at the EP I'll be giving them a miss this year, unless there's little else on at the same time.
    I'd imagine they'll headline the electric arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Eco camping list open after midnight or some stage tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Trenchtown, Salty Dog, Jerry Fish area, and the Oxjam tent are all open until 4am. nothing with house/techno/disco-y DJs though that I can think of.

Together Disco run a night time party at the Jerry Fish on all three nights. It's in a tent as well, which is a bit of a plus if the weather was to turn for the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

the rabbit hole has been in the same place in The Park for the last few years hasn't it?
    this year was my first year but it was in the same area it was last year, opposite The Park stage at the bottom of Park hill, although they got rid of the big inflatable rabbit of previous years and just had signs outside this year.
    the "secret" underground piano bar is supposed to move around but it has been up near the stone dragon beside the Stone Circle field for the last couple of years at least too.

I heard there was a thing at the Rabbit Hole where they gave you carrots as a pass out to get back in. Been to Glastonbury for the last 5 years and never been in there but have spent a lot of time around the Park. One of my favourite areas. Apparently Strummerville has moved up that way too between the Park and Stone Circle in a cluster of trees

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

SmallBalls wrote: »

Fully booked up already!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Now that was quick! Got myself a space booked

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Am I correct in saying that one booking entitles you to pitch 4 tents regardless of the number of people?

gandalfio wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying that one booking entitles you to pitch 4 tents regardless of the number of people?

You had to fill in how many people you were booking for and how many tents that group would be pitching, so I presume you could bring 4 people (yourself included) and do a tent each?

I just booked one person, one tent :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Dang, is there usually more spaces made available/drop outs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 KGRClare

anyone have 2 EP tickets for sale??

Clare area, but will travel.

Cheers

Whoa so Eco went live an hour ago and booked up in 40 minutes!?

Damnit, Gerry.

How many places was that? and any chance there will be more released, that's insanely fast

That was 800 places, pretty crazy how fast it was. I'd imagine it'll be pretty empty on the day from people overbooking places that won't actually be used. They might let people who look eco friendly in on the day without prebooking, you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

-=al=- wrote: »
    Whoa so Eco went live an hour ago and booked up in 40 minutes!?

Damnit, Gerry.

How many places was that? and any chance there will be more released, that's insanely fast

Probably not, they had 400 spaces last year and it took 2 days to fill, 800 this year and it took 40mins. It's popular.

Pretty annoyed about that. At least if they gave a time that the site would be live we would have a chance to get a place rather than refresh the website 3 and a half hours this morning :mad:

Gonna wreck the gaf with the other slumdogs now :pac::pac::)

Just joking. :o

Or am I? :cool:

Yeah, I am. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

-=al=- wrote: »
    Pretty annoyed about that. At least if they gave a time that the site would be live we would have a chance to get a place rather than refresh the website 3 and a half hours this morning :mad:

Gonna wreck the gaf with the other slumdogs now :pac::pac::)

Just joking. :o

Or am I? :cool:

Yeah, I am. :(

EP did tweet when it went live.

800 spaces between nearly 50k people and you could take up to 4 spaces per person.. I suppose it was bound to happen very quickly

scary wrote: »
    EP did tweet when it went live.

Yeah they did but a lot of people including myself can't or didn't check their phones every couple of minutes for a tweet from one twitter account that they follow. If the E.P eco lads said the site goes live at a certain time such as 9am or midnight, it would have been better and given everybody a fair enough chance to get a spot!

I even posted yesterday asking if it was going to be live at 9am or midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

800 spaces between nearly 50k people and you could take up to 4 spaces per person.. I suppose it was bound to happen very quickly

I emailed the guys running it and asked was it ok to have more than one person in each tent. He said 'no, keep things green and bring less tents'. Surely having 2+ people in each of the four tents is 'greener' than 1 person in each considering they did give the option to book four tent spaces?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

Anyone reckon Disclosure will play the Friday night?

Advertisement