Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Rob094 wrote: »
    How likely are the Frames to be added after they're 'comeback' tour is finished? Also I'd like to see Frank Turner there, he has a new album coming out and is doing some festivals now. While I'm at it throw in a Kendrick/Gambino and I'll be a happy (eco)camper.

I wasn't at the Frames the other night, but heard the sound was really poor and low for Glens solo acoustic bits, people chatting louder than the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Marcel Dettmann is playing District 8, Friday of the picnic.
    Very good chance he'll grab the record bag and be down for RBMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

lbj666 wrote: »

That'd be sick!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nElFgJ0hfSk

CWF wrote: »

Ya few berghain regulars/residents have shown up before so i doubt its just a coincidence that he's in the country the same weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

lbj666 wrote: »

He would be perfect for the RBMA but according to facebook he's playing the week before picnic, on the 28th. Event page here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Rob094 wrote: »
    How likely are the Frames to be added after they're 'comeback' tour is finished? Also I'd like to see Frank Turner there, he has a new album coming out and is doing some festivals now. While I'm at it throw in a Kendrick/Gambino and I'll be a happy (eco)camper.

Given how infrequent the Frames' gigs have been over the last few years, I'd be surprised if they were added. Unless it was as the closer to their 25th anniversary but it seems like the 2 Dublin shows and the 1 in Cork are the lot there.

As it stands, most of my line-up wishes have either been ticked or completely ruled out by bands being booked elsewhere that weekend.

Jamie xx, Run the Jewels, Everything Everything and Gaz Coombes would all be great but I don't expect any of them!

He would be perfect for the RBMA but according to facebook he's playing the week before picnic, on the 28th. Event page here.

Ah crap , completly forgot it wasn't the last weekend in august this year and its the more traditional weekend. Oh well off to District 8 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I'm not sure that announcements of RTJ or Jamie xx would have been held back this long really, as much as I'd love it. I think them doing FF obviously had an effect on that, but I still don't really see it.

It'd be the last main arena announcement coming next I suppose, so I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of obligatory Irish acts (Trinity Orchestra, Gospel Choir and then Walking On Cars, All Tvvins, le galaxie, Young Wonder, maybe Villagers/Jape) and then a few Longitude/Summer gig acts that are still available (guessing Rudimental, Drenge, Catfish and The Bottlemen and maybe James Blake).

Body and Soul stage will throw up more interesting names I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Has anyone seen camping chairs on sale for a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Synode wrote: »

Last time I was in one, Dealz were doing those ****ty three-legged stools that are about 6 inches off the ground. Naturally they're awful, but for 1.50 you could do worse than buying one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

MattD wrote: »
    Last time I was in one, Dealz were doing those ****ty three-legged stools that are about 6 inches off the ground. Naturally they're awful, but for 1.50 you could do worse than buying one.

Those shítty little stools can be a god send if the ground is in any way muddy and you need a wee sit down.
    Looking for a good deal on the chairs myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Not looked this year, but Halfords were where i got mine last year, a big foook off moon chair, more comfortable than very comfortable thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I got two for £11 in a Tesco in Antrim at the weekend, haven't had a chance to check but I'd say Tesco "Extra" stores would have them on offer for similar price in ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Halfords have very good ones for €25 here, if that's a bit too dear they also have a cheaper version for €12.50 here which would be perfectly fine for a festival.

Dunnes and Tesco would probably have them in stock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Not looked this year, but Halfords were where i got mine last year, a big foook off moon chair, more comfortable than very comfortable thing.

they are a bit expensive but look comfortable, here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

They had them in those €2 shops in town for €8 last week

Snarky Snark Snark

they are a bit expensive but look comfortable, here

That's the puppy, they're quite sturdy yokes, been using it out the back garden the last few weeks, pretty light too given the size of it.

Pricey alright but worth the cash, biggest mistake I made the first year was not having anything to sit on when back at the tent, after being on feet for 10-12 hours, it was an utter godsend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Can you bring a camping chair/stool into the main arena? Say one that folds up into a handy little bag with a strap so you can carry it on your back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Home Store and More usually have them later in the summer for about a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

It'd be the last main arena announcement coming next I suppose, so I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of obligatory Irish acts (Trinity Orchestra, Gospel Choir and then Walking On Cars, All Tvvins, le galaxie, Young Wonder, maybe Villagers/Jape)

New Jackson please....

Ridiculously good at Body & Soul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

New Jackson please....

Ridiculously good at Body & Soul.

He would be great for a late night slot in the Body & Soul area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I got a camping chair for 7.50 in argos. It's grand, did me for a two week holiday while back. I don't think ill take one to EP though, I dont spend that much time in the campsite and it will definitely get robbed.
    YurOK2 wrote: »
    Can you bring a camping chair/stool into the main arena? Say one that folds up into a handy little bag with a strap so you can carry it on your back?

Not sure to be honest... There is a stand with tiered seats a bit back from the main stage where people can sit and still have a decent view.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

bring one of those little dealz stools and just keep it in the tent, big ones just get robbed but those little stools are better than nothing. then just keep a plastic bag or something in your pocket for sitting on the grass in the main area.

id say a full sized chair is glorious but the heartbreak involved in having it robbed would be too much to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Argos has them for €8 or at least did a few weeks ago! 12.50 in halfords iirc

You have to accept that the chairs are fair game down there. If someone's chair gets stolen, they're more likely to steal someone else's!

The circle of chairs.

Lowest price I've seen chairs was a 5er. They pop up at that price from time to one. I've seen people with chairs in the main arena too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

They had them in those €2 shops in town for €8 last week

Heatons doing chairs for €10 each, seen them yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Any confirmation on this years capacity? Will it be 47K?

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Any confirmation on this years capacity? Will it be 47K?

Certainly looks like it, from de paper of records

http://goo.gl/t8st9J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Certainly looks like it, from de paper of records

http://goo.gl/t8st9J

Yeah it looks like they are trying to match the capacity of Bestival, is Bestival as it stands, not already 55,000 or is it more with staff and crew included. Thats an 18,500 capacity increase in the space of two years for EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement