Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

my problem is more with the fact that the stage itself existed. stick Bonnie in one of the main tents.
    get rid of the Electric Ireland tent and all the other tacky bullsh1t that has popped up over the last few years that is making the place look like Oxegen.

Yea they should have put her in the at least in the Cosby Stage if not Heineken one

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

She played on the saturday. I actually went over to see her at 7???? but was told "She will be on about 8 because she is stuck in traffic on the m50 or something". Came back and all outside the marquee was jammers , Stayed for till the power went off since you could barely hear it from outside.

Its both some days its an announcement like Jon Hopkins last night , then there were 2 VIP tickets , There was even a trip to see Bonnie Tyler over in the uk aswell

Haha I was convinced that was the Friday, can't remember Friday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

keithkk16 wrote: »
    I think It was only jammed because it was the first thing on the Friday.

What's happening with the 2fm advent calendar? Are they releasing the lineup through it or is it just ticket giveaways and the like?

No Bonnie was Saturday I'm sure
    I thought I read somewhere that some guy had cut a power line with a knife as he couldn't get in

Reading that back , it sounds like I may have dreamt that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I don't know how EP came to that conclusion that 80s AOR was part of the Picnic vibe, it will just attract the glam metal pop types. .

Ha ha those pop glam metal types have really been a plague on the irish music festival scene. She was booked for a bit of craic by electric ireland, nothing wrong with a bit of cheese and sillyness. I think theres plenty room for Aphex twin aswell although i don't think you'd be putting him or squarepusher on at hungover time on a sunday afternoon insted of Bonnie.

I say Twisted Sister next year, although Journey would definitely be a step too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Basement Jaxx headlining a festival in Portsmouth on the Sunday of EP weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

Basement Jaxx headlining a festival in Portsmouth on the Sunday of EP weekend.

So what you're saying is that Basement Jaxx are playing Saturday Night at EP?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

have many actually got tickets yet? i'd imagine they've sold very little and will offer the early bird tickets again at some stage next year similar to the last few years?

most people i know have got their tickets. probably a lot will be bought as Xmas presents too.
    the fact that the family camping and campervan tickets sold out when they first went on sale in September or whenever it was, says to me that plenty of general tickets will have been sold given the cheap price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I don't think you can tie in campervan tickets with normal sales. They always sell out immediately. I don't know anyone who has bought a ticket or anybody even mentioning buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I don't think you can tie in campervan tickets with normal sales. They always sell out immediately. I don't know anyone who has bought a ticket or anybody even mentioning buying one.

Camper tickets do alright, but the family tickets sold out basically straight away which doesn't usually happen.

I have my tickets anyways ;) I imagine they've shifted a fair few tickets at this stage! It's a no brainier, even if you have no intention of going, get an early bird, guaranteed to sell it and get the price you paid for it! This gives me real confidence in buying a year in advance, I hope the touts don't ruin this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

If anyone decent is announced, they will ruin it begod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just been informed I'm getting an EP ticket for Xmas, looks like I'll be back for a 2nd year :)

Two solid announcements so far, would love to see Caribou in the line-up!

Two solid announcements so far, would love to see Caribou in the line-up![/QUOTE]

Would also love to see Caribou, him/there dublin gig recently was one of the best of the year for a lot of people. Would like to see more live electronic acts too, Jon Hopkins is a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Would love to see this man live at ep with the full band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Bought 2 tickets as soon as I heard him announced, he was phenomenal at Samhain. Will he be Rave in the Woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

CWF wrote: »
    Bought 2 tickets as soon as I heard him announced, he was phenomenal at Samhain. Will he be Rave in the Woods?

I'd hope so. I think there'd be a better atmosphere for him in the woods rather than the main stage or anywhere in the main arena. He was in a tent at body and soul last year and I thought that took away from it a bit when it was too packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

If I could pick one act to play at it next year it would be him, would settle for him without the live band but jesus if he played with the live band it would be phenomenal. He played a couple of years ago so could be possible, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Elana_29

paulbok wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that Basement Jaxx are playing Saturday Night at EP?:D

Im certainly hoping they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

If anyone decent is announced, they will ruin it begod
    That boat's already sailed dude. Jon Hopkins had one of the best albums of 2013.

• Advertisement

CWF wrote: »

Can't see him playing in the woods, he's too "big" for that now. I think the Red Bull Music academy are in charge of the woods rave line-up, it was pretty much the last thing to be announced along with other voices maybe last summer

i don't think any acts play live on the RBMA stage either, all DJ sets from what i can remember?

I reckon Hopkins will play the Cosby or Electric Arena tent, the Midnight Circus tent at Body & Soul festival was bigger than the Little Big tent, so it would have to be one of the bigger marquees, I think he might headline the Body & Soul main stage myself with the same size of crowd that was amassed for tUNeyards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Thats phenominal, i didn't even know he did live band shows, or was that just a once off in norway?

I could see Body and Soul festival nabbing him for themselves, he'd be a big selling point for their regulars. He's perfect for either EP or Body and Soul but when Inspector Norse is dropped anywhere over the B&S weekend the place goes bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

Caught him playing last May in the button factory. Pretty sure it was his first live show of his tour and it was unreal. The lad has some serious skill on the keyboard. Would love to see him again, Inspector Norse never gets old.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I would love to see the Libertines

I would love to see the Libertines

Too commercial and mainstream for EP, plus junky Pete will have lots of messy fans that wanna be like him, would be a disaster for EP I think, but then would just go to another stage I suppose.

Too commercial and mainstream for EP, plus junky Pete will have lots of messy fans that wanna be like him, would be a disaster for EP I think, but then would just go to another stage I suppose.

Lily Allen played this year, I wouldn't say rule The Libertines out completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Lily Allen played this year, I wouldn't say rule The Libertines out completely.

I think the Libertines asking price for gigs is meant to be sky high now though so that would probably rule them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

Caribou just announced for two festivals in Europe in the second and third weeks of August. Chances of him popping over to Stradbally for the fourth week perhaps?

Advertisement