Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

This post has been deleted.

There's some on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ruxjit wrote: »
    There's some on ebay

Cannot help but think that getting tickets of flea bay is risky as fook

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

Ticket Swap?

I have two family tickets for Family Camping Field 2.

Want to swap for Family camping field 1.

Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Not sure if I'll bother with Roisin...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Not sure if I'll bother with Roisin...

For me I think it depends where and when she's on. Not a huge fan but she's got good energy, might be entertaining!
    Although if you listen to any interviews, I get the impression she thinks she's a huge star!
    EP had her high up the bill at the start, little else to fill the gap at that point or an over aggressive agent me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Spoiler warning for Jon Hopkins fans.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Watched it a couple of times today, don't think its spoiling it, if anything its made me more excited. Lets just hope they don't put him on at some stupid time with loads of other clashes

Snarky Snark Snark

There will always be clashes

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

There will always be clashes

But should you stay or should you go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Watched it a couple of times today, don't think its spoiling it, if anything its made me more excited. Lets just hope they don't put him on at some stupid time with loads of other clashes

clash with someone like Sam Smith or Grace Jones would do fine :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

If anyone is interested, BBC Three is showing Sam Smith live from T in the Park @ 9pm tonight, George Ezra tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

I see 20 years of Shine is on Saturday 5th of September with Dave Clarke, Darren Emerson & Funk D'Void. I wonder will any of them be added to the EP lineup...Fingers crossed for Dave Clarke :D

Snarky Snark Snark

Grace Jones I get the feeling is going to be one of those over the week that will be a must see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Belfunk wrote: »
    I see 20 years of Shine is on Saturday 5th of September with Dave Clarke, Darren Emerson & Funk D'Void. I wonder will any of them be added to the EP lineup...Fingers crossed for Dave Clarke :D

And fingers uncrossed for Darren Emerson.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

And fingers uncrossed for Darren Emerson.

He'll be there alright in the crowd looking at his old mates up on stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Belfunk wrote: »
    He'll be there alright in the crowd looking at his old mates up on stage.

Ah I don't mean to be nasty about him. He had the guts to leave Underworld and he set up a nice little house label which I was quite into. I just never rated him as a DJ, certainly not at a festival where he just played hit after hit after hit. Not much imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Grace Jones I get the feeling is going to be one of those over the week that will be a must see.

A big element of that is probably the stage antics.

Snarky Snark Snark

YurOK2 wrote: »
    A big element of that is probably the stage antics.

Inflatable disco light lit Russell Harty for her to slap in time to the beat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

seen her the last time she played EP, stayed for a few songs and then left...far too many rowdy women around for my liking :)

Snarky Snark Snark

..far too many rowdy women around for my liking :)

go on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Spoiler warning for Jon Hopkins fans.

Looks & sounds amazing - just jumped to the top of my EP must see list

Hopkins looks so into it as well, looks like he is one of the audience when he hits these bass drops and goes mental, a pleasure to watch at his craft. He is so refreshingly not the EDM sound, that is why he is a big draw. I can see a clash central alright, Four Tet could still get announced for one of the smaller tents so I wouldn't be surprised if Hopkins is pitted against Four Tet and Underworld in the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'd recommend grace Jones...she was one of my highlights when she was there a few years ago

Rfrip wrote: »
    I'd recommend grace Jones...she was one of my highlights when she was there a few years ago

It would be amazing if she had Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare backing though, they were the original musicians on her records and they weren't there in 2008, was still a good show though. Rfrip can you remember the start where she walked down this great big board walk coming from the back of the stage in the Electric Arena, I think she opened with Nightclubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It would be amazing if she had Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare backing though, they were the original musicians on her records and they weren't there in 2008, was still a good show though. Rfrip can you remember the start where she walked down this great big board walk coming from the back of the stage in the Electric Arena, I think she opened with Nightclubbing.

Oh I totally do now that you say it!!her whole presence was just unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Will she be on main stage this year??

That Jon Hopkins BBC Glasto set is unreal! Fark me I can't wait, he's definitely in the top 3 acts I want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

BananaR wrote: »
    Looks & sounds amazing - just jumped to the top of my EP must see list
    same as

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Great way to start the Sunday. I loved their rendition of Daft Punk's 'Discovery' a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Great way to start the Sunday. I loved their rendition of Daft Punk's 'Discovery' a few years ago.

That was the highlight of my weekend. First act on the main stage. They really blew off the cobwebs. Loads of people were sitting around in little groups in the grass. Then within 5 minutes everybody was running up to the front for a bit of a boogie.

And that singer, with his weird hand gestures.... "One More Tiiii-iiime!"

Advertisement