Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I ****ing wish. They'd jump to the top of my must see pile.

I've seen footage from some of the shows they've been doing lately. Ride is such an incredible performer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ruxjit wrote: »
    I'm usually in bits on the Sunday think I'd rather go down for 2 days. Getting old :cool:

Pussy!! You need to drink through the pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Really hoping for a scaled back Friday, any news on that front?

God no, the more spread across the weekend the better, less chance of clashes, the chance of a break between the stuff that you want to see and most importantly, the time to go try something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I'm usually in bits on the Sunday think I'd rather go down for 2 days. Getting old :cool:

Go hard or go home!!! Or alternatively buy a Sunday day ticket. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Username44 wrote: »
    Any ideas of the last few acts to be announced ?

Parquet Courts will probably be announced as they are touring Ireland at the time and no Dublin date as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

frantic190 wrote: »
    Parquet Courts will probably be announced as they are touring Ireland at the time and no Dublin date as of yet.

Excellent, caught them at Longy last year to a very small crowd which was undeserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Excellent, caught them at Longy last year to a very small crowd which was undeserved.

That was a great show aswell! Will definitely try to catch them if they are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

proudi wrote: »
    I've seen footage from some of the shows they've been doing lately. Ride is such an incredible performer.

heh, i've seen footage

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Pussy!! You need to drink through the pain!
    Reminds me of the song by the Canadian artist Peaches, called "F**k the pain away". Now, there's an act you'd like at EP!
    Saw her in 2004 in Auckland. Mad on stage. Tended to incite the audience somewhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

mgkelly wrote: »
    Reminds me of the song by the Canadian artist Peaches, called "F**k the pain away". Now, there's an act you'd like at EP!
    Saw her in 2004 in Auckland. Mad on stage. Tended to incite the audience somewhat!

Is that the one 2ManyDJs sample in their Radio Soulwax album?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

It is yes. She also did a creepy cover of Technologic by Daft Punk

Is that the one 2ManyDJs sample in their Radio Soulwax album?
    That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

frantic190 wrote: »

I think Sleaford Mods and Catfish and the Bottlemen are possible too as they're both doing winter UK tours with no Irish dates yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I think Sleaford Mods and Catfish and the Bottlemen are possible too as they're both doing winter UK tours with no Irish dates yet.

Catfish are doing Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

They're both very NME promoted flash in the pan bands IMO. Haven't heard anything to justify their hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They're both very NME promoted flash in the pan bands IMO. Haven't heard anything to justify their hype.

That's because they're both ****e.

Saw Catfish & the Bottlemen on TV recently. Some of their set from Glastonbury. Was actually quite good, I thought, & I'd certainly go see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Catfish and the Bottlemen can be a bit indie landfill but seem a lot better live than on record while I think Sleaford Mods are fascinating and could end up becoming quite an influential band although I get why people don't like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Paddy2012 wrote: »

Sleaford Mods playing Hangar on Andrew 's Lane on 19th Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

123oisin wrote: »
    RHCP

I think all the main headliners have been announced, the next announcement will be probably some subs and bands lower down the line up, B&S Village, Rave in the Woods, Salty Dog and Trailer Park among others.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I think all the main headliners have been announced, the next announcement will be probably some subs and bands lower down the line up, B&S Village, Rave in the Woods, Salty Dog and Trailer Park among others.

Very excited for the b&s village and rave in the woods announcements!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Still hoping that James may be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

and Yucatan, Steve Mason, East India Youth and Wolf Alice... wouldn't be big bucks for any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Changing the subject slightly, does anybody know if there might be more campervan tickets made available?
    There are quite a lot of people wanting on toutless and if there won't be any more tickets it looks like a lot of us will end up in the normal carparks...now that I think of it we'll probably be closer to the main arena anyway as the cv park has been pushed very far out over the years, so maybe not a bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Robotito wrote: »
    Changing the subject slightly, does anybody know if there might be more campervan tickets made available?
    There are quite a lot of people wanting on toutless and if there won't be any more tickets it looks like a lot of us will end up in the normal carparks...now that I think of it we'll probably be closer to the main arena anyway as the cv park has been pushed very far out over the years, so maybe not a bad thing!

Might have a better idea when they get posted out but I doubt it, anyone know what time they were sent out last year, as I know someone who has one and I have paid for it. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Wasn't it 2 or 3 weeks beforehand the last few years?

I'd imagine we'll have another batch of acts announced this time next week. Much excite!

OT
    I heard Melvin Benn on BBC6 earlier. He's bringing other voices and a version of body & soul to Latitude this year for their 10th edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Every year a good few end up being put up for sale on Toutless in the week before the festival when people's Campervans fall through, or they realise how expensive it is to rent one etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

OT
    I heard Melvin Benn on BBC6 earlier. He's bringing other voices and a version of body & soul to Latitude this year for their 10th edition.

Never been to Lattitude but for all the talk about it being similar to the picnic, looking at the layout from previous years its surprisingly bare and has nowhere near as much to do than the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Advise is the keep your eyes pealed everywhere including toutless, the ep facebook twitter pages, donedeal are not allowing sale a mark up i don't think. Have the campervan part ready encase you do get your hands on one last minute.

People complain about the location of campervan park but the further in from the road they put it the more hassle it is getting them in and out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea once Longitude is over we will get a new announcement

Advertisement