Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

There was a bit of crossover from Longitude last year so might be again this year. Just from the higher up acts (I can't remember the whole bill!) but Bombay Bicycle Club, Hozier and Le Galaxie played both so might be some crossover.

As an aside, Sam Smith played at 4 in the afternoon at Longitude last year. What a year he has had!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

There was a bit of crossover from Longitude last year so might be again this year. Just from the higher up acts (I can't remember the whole bill!) but Bombay Bicycle Club, Hozier and Le Galaxie played both so might be some crossover.

As an aside, Sam Smith played at 4 in the afternoon at Longitude last year. What a year he has had!

Please let Caribou be announced.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would like to see Catfish & The Bottlemen , Vaccines and The Bohicas to be added in the next announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Please let Caribou be announced.

4th gig in ireland in 14 months , twice in the same summer. Not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Robotito wrote: »
    Changing the subject slightly, does anybody know if there might be more campervan tickets made available?
    There are quite a lot of people wanting on toutless and if there won't be any more tickets it looks like a lot of us will end up in the normal carparks...now that I think of it we'll probably be closer to the main arena anyway as the cv park has been pushed very far out over the years, so maybe not a bad thing!

I'm with a gang in same boat, or van :o have camper but no camper ticket and looking out for one like you. Haven't been to EP before, what would the story be if we did park in the normal carparks and used the camper?

That was my defacto back in the day for witness and oxygen and other than the long walk wasn't a problem, it was actually quite good craic due to other folks in the same situation.

Would there be any issues at EP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

I'm with a gang in same boat, or van :o have camper but no camper ticket and looking out for one like you. Haven't been to EP before, what would the story be if we did park in the normal carparks and used the camper? ?

We done this two years ago and had no problems. Depends on what comforts you need. The walk to the campsites for a shower or some grub in the morning from the carpark is the only drawback.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Ya, I missed last year but had been in the campervan area for the previous four EPs and as I said earlier some of the ordinary car parks are closer to the main arena now. The only drawback I can think of is lack of toilets & fresh water but with a little organisation this can be overcome.

Robotito wrote: »
    Ya, I missed last year but had been in the campervan area for the previous four EPs and as I said earlier some of the ordinary car parks are closer to the main arena now. The only drawback I can think of is lack of toilets & fresh water but with a little organisation this can be overcome.

Sound, thanks, that reduces the stress of looking for a cv ticket - if we get one, great, if not, no worries.

By the sounds of it there could be loads of us vanning it in the regular carparks. I don't know why they don't section one off and sell campervan tickets for it, money for nothing (other than setting up some portaloos).

Now if only the Chemical Brothers could be added to the line up :)

Sound, thanks, that reduces the stress of looking for a cv ticket - if we get one, great, if not, no worries.

By the sounds of it there could be loads of us vanning it in the regular carparks. I don't know why they don't section one off and sell campervan tickets for it, money for nothing (other than setting up some portaloos).

Now if only the Chemical Brothers could be added to the line up :)

With a little organisation it would be easy enough to ring fence an unofficial area. A few of us done this by travelled down in our vans, car etc. at the same time and parked up together in the carpark. Some of the best memories from that year were our little missions into the main camping areas for water and toilets in very compromised states and then trying to find our way back to the carpark.

If there was a Chemical Brothers announcement I would be dancing for joy ...

deeceemee wrote: »
    With a little organisation it would be easy enough to ring fence an unofficial area. A few of us done this by travelled down in our vans, car etc. at the same time and parked up together in the carpark.

LOL, don't you mean....CONVOY

"Rubberducky, its clean clear to Sradbally..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJEeHND_lQ

Ya, me too. Pity, we'll have to see how Underworld go but the Chem Bros hold the keys to my dancing shoes ever since they supported Leftfield in the Point back in the last century (as if convoy didn't show my age!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Going to see them on Sunday at Longitude. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

With a little organisation it would be easy enough to ring fence an unofficial area. A few of us done this by travelled down in our vans, car etc. at the same time and parked up together in the carpark. Some of the best memories from that year were our little missions into the main camping areas for water and toilets in very compromised states and then trying to find our way back to the carpark.

Not going to happen, Chemical Brothers are playing Electric Zoo festival in the US on the same weekend as the Picnic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I could see Catfish and the Bottlemen, Wolf Alice, Genghahr and James Blake all being added with maybe a few more

Not going to happen, Chemical Brothers are playing Electric Zoo festival in the US on the same weekend as the Picnic.

Agh....Captain Buzz Kill, :( :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

People realise the Chemical Brothers are playing Longitude this weekend right?

Highlights from T in the Park on BBC 3 till 1.30 am.

Highlights from T in the Park on BBC 3 till 1.30 am.

Its BBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Jesus, the Script are a terrible load of ****e.

Enjoyed the Prodigy bit, could hardly see the band for dry ice though, I remember seeing them in my day trip to Oxegen in 2010, Prodigy probably had a thousand at the most on the Vodafone stage whilst the other 35,000 was looking at Eminem on the main stage and various other thousands scattered in some of the marquees. I enjoyed their set though, my first time seeing them.

Enjoyed the Prodigy bit, could hardly see the band for dry ice though, I remember seeing them in my day trip to Oxegen in 2010, Prodigy probably had a thousand at the most on the Vodafone stage whilst the other 35,000 was looking at Eminem on the main stage and various other thousands scattered in some of the marquees. I enjoyed their set though, my first time seeing them.

It was worse when The National were up against Beyonce in 2011.Id say there was a lot less then 1000 at them which was a pity since they sounded great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

11. The year: 2009

The scenario: MGMT were coming on in an hour, followed by Orbital. We'd only taken the bare essentials from the car and had run out of beer. We needed to be high and have tins by the time it all kicked off.

The plan: We'd double drop in the campsite and go on a brisk stroll to grab drink from the car. By the time we'd made it back to the arena we'd be coming up for the music, and be well stocked with booze. An elegant example of festival time management.

The reality: We stumbled around the carpark for three hours too ****ed to read the time on our phones, nevermind find a dark Volvo in dark field full of dark cars.

What happened: Our landmark for the car was "Under that big pylon, there in that sort of cornfield." Turned out that each and every one of the car parks was a "sort of cornfield," with a long series of big pylons running throughout.

Where's the tip here? Know where your ****ing car is. Bug that ****er with a GPS tracker if needs be. Finding a massive festival coming from a car is pretty easy. Finding a car coming from a massive festival, not so much.

We caught the last thirty minutes of the Neutronyx rave in the woods, if that redeems us at all.

12. You know when it's 4.30 in the morning on Sunday night, your friends are fading, but you're still up for it? And you hear a thumping beat, you know it's still going on, and have to go find the party, no matter what your mates say?

Don't bother going near it. That beat is just a generator.

You're ****ed; go back to the campsite and drink yourself to a one hour's sleep.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭turbowolfed

Any chances of Hozier playing this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I know its EP chat but I've spare ticket for longtitude today if anyone wants it , can meet outside the gig with it

The scenario: MGMT were coming on in an hour, followed by Orbital. We'd only taken the bare essentials from the car and had run out of beer. We needed to be high and have tins by the time it all kicked off.

The plan: We'd double drop in the campsite and go on a brisk stroll to grab drink from the car. By the time we'd made it back to the arena we'd be coming up for the music, and be well stocked with booze. An elegant example of festival time management.

The reality: We stumbled around the carpark for three hours too ****ed to read the time on our phones, nevermind find a dark Volvo in dark field full of dark cars.

What happened: Our landmark for the car was "Under that big pylon, there in that sort of cornfield." Turned out that each and every one of the car parks was a "sort of cornfield," with a long series of big pylons running throughout.

Where's the tip here? Know where your ****ing car is. Bug that ****er with a GPS tracker if needs be. Finding a massive festival coming from a car is pretty easy. Finding a car coming from a massive festival, not so much.

We caught the last thirty minutes of the Neutronyx rave in the woods, if that redeems us at all.

12. You know when it's 4.30 in the morning on Sunday night, your friends are fading, but you're still up for it? And you hear a thumping beat, you know it's still going on, and have to go find the party, no matter what your mates say?

You're ****ed; go back to the campsite and drink yourself to a one hour's sleep.

Sorry.

Yeah man know exactly what you mean, done crew camping last year and it was bliss to be able to find my tent in a matter of minutes. Through the years I have often got lost in the Hendrix camp site, trying to spot my green Eurohike 3 man dome tent out of a few hundred others scattered around. I eventually came to take in landmarks, like the nearest generator where there would be a crawler with a spotlight and I would judge the distance from the Hendrix sign. And before that it was pitching the tent where the lightbulbs change from blue to red or pink. You forget that all though when you get loaded or whatever, you can't even feel your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

He'll be in the states

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Crying laughing at this, because I hear beats in everything on a daily basis while sober, so I can fully understand how it happened! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

pEFlbuF

The spoons remark makes me think we have a boardie at the journal...!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Double dropping is never really a good plan is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Sorry.

Please do a blog after this years EP......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Word going round is he'll be playing b2b with Daft Punk at the rave in the woods.

Advertisement