Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I know Four Tet is playing some gig or festival in Dublin somewhere but he could still be in for a shout for the Picnic, I see there is a gap in his schedule between Dimensions in Croatia on 26th August and his next gig is Bestival on 11th September, so fingers crossed. This is a recent Boiler room set he done in which he dropped Aphex Twin's Xmas Eve track. Wouldn't mind Gesaffelstein for Little Big Tent or Rave in the Woods.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

We won't see either Four Tet cause he's playing the Beatyard nor side or sound of Gesaffelstein this side of his website countdown thing.

Erol Alkan hasn't been in the country all year, and he's usually over at least once.
    It's also been a while since Boys Noize did a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

It's also been the better part of a decade since he's done anything of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Afternoon ladies and gents. Haven't posted here in a while as I wasn't sure if I'd be able to go. Just got offered a ticket at cost price but the catch is that its a Family Camping one.

Am I safe in assuming that I will be able to camp in the normal areas with a ticket like this. I know I wont be allowed into the family area by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Boyz Noize is touring this summer with some other DJ under the name Handbraekes (I think). Playing Rock En Seine in Paris the week before EP so might be a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

MattD wrote: »
    pEFlbuF

The spoons remark makes me think we have a boardie at the journal...!

Can't see the pic you posted but has someone nicked me spoons comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

MadYaker wrote: »
    Double dropping is never really a good plan is it?

Ah it is now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Can't see the pic you posted but has someone nicked me spoons comments?

Yeah, my bad...

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/annoying-people-longitude-2217487-Jul2015/

"3. The po-faced lad who is annoyed that everyone is only there to see Hozier

“Whatever, I’m going to the woods to see a lad play the spoons. You probably haven’t heard of him.”

MattD wrote: »
    Yeah, my bad...

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/annoying-people-longitude-2217487-Jul2015/

"3. The po-faced lad who is annoyed that everyone is only there to see Hozier

“Whatever, I’m going to the woods to see a lad play the spoons. You probably haven’t heard of him.”

Fecking cheek and I'm not a lad! And I was playing the spoons to avoid Pet Shop Boys who are **** and dad dancers Future Islands. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

It's also been the better part of a decade since he's done anything of use.

I could say the same of most of the EP acts.

• Advertisement

We won't see either Four Tet cause he's playing the Beatyard nor side or sound of Gesaffelstein this side of his website countdown thing.

Erol Alkan hasn't been in the country all year, and he's usually over at least once.

Four Tet is not an exclusive to Beatyard though, Beatyard is not a camping music festival but EP is, so he will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Anyone know what are chances of me picking up one weekend camping ticket? Any advice what sites to try

Anyone know what are chances of me picking up one weekend camping ticket? Any advice what sites to try

Toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Afternoon ladies and gents. Haven't posted here in a while as I wasn't sure if I'd be able to go. Just got offered a ticket at cost price but the catch is that its a Family Camping one.

Am I safe in assuming that I will be able to camp in the normal areas with a ticket like this. I know I wont be allowed into the family area by myself.
    Your best bet would be to try swap it with someone who needs a family ticket. I'd say there's some needy folk over on Toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

They better add jamie T to the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Always Sunny

Bowlardo wrote:

Saw him at T in the park last weekend, he was absolutely sensational. He's in Reading the week before so it's not entirely unthinkable that he would play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Toutless and be prepared to pay over the odds for it. Loads of people looking and not that many selling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

MadYaker wrote: »
    Toutless and be prepared to pay over the odds for it. Loads of people looking and not that many selling

Ya been trying toutleas but with no success. Even tried done deal contacting people as soon as the ads go up and still no luck... Not looking too good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You just have to keep at it. Tickets will pop up but they'll be snapped up immediately so you need to be in the right place at the right time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Yep, finding tickets now will be a matter of luck. Keep an eye on all the usual outlets but you'll have to be vigilant because they will go quick. I'd imagine there's people buying them now just to sell them on even!

I think Donedeal or Adverts have said they won't allow advertising over face value but you never know with the offer system they have how high it could go.

I saw a few last year in the week of the festival go for very reasonable rates because people just wanted to shift them but it adds to the stress levels if you're waiting that long unfortunately!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Everything everything will probably be announced this week- they just tweeted about enjoying playing longitude and will have a special announcement for Ireland in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Everything everything will probably be announced this week- they just tweeted about enjoying playing longitude and will have a special announcement for Ireland in the next few days.

Cue my major disappointment when they announce a Vicar Street show or something instead!!

Would be delighted to see them at the Picnic. New album is absolutely brilliant.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea they have a UK tour in November so probably a date over here will be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bowlardo wrote: »

Him and The Maccabees are the 2 acts I really wanted to play EP, I don't think they are gonna add any major names at this stage though unfortunately.

siblers wrote: »
    Him and The Maccabees are the 2 acts I really wanted to play EP, I don't think they are gonna add any major names at this stage though unfortunately.

There is a good chance of been added, look at the top of the line up poster, lots of spaces to be filled in, whos to say someone massive can't be still added.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Yep, finding tickets now will be a matter of luck. Keep an eye on all the usual outlets but you'll have to be vigilant because they will go quick. I'd imagine there's people buying them now just to sell them on even!

I think Donedeal or Adverts have said they won't allow advertising over face value but you never know with the offer system they have how high it could go.

I saw a few last year in the week of the festival go for very reasonable rates because people just wanted to shift them but it adds to the stress levels if you're waiting that long unfortunately!!

It's even more than luck, I've been saving for weeks to get the money together and missed the sell out date by a week :((((

I think people are paying in the region of 350 per ticket :o is this sell out madness or should i just give up?

If your ticket got cancelled because you didn't have sufficient funds, I presume a text message was sent out stating this?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

do you mean me siblers? i didnt buy one, i quit work for exams so ive been scrimping up the money to order them, just missed them when they told out and now ive got to scrimp again because people are paying ridiculous money

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

That would do nicely! Saw them when they attended before. Would be a good addition. Saw them on TV recently - think it was off Glastonbury. They were good.:)

• Advertisement

dublinjen wrote: »
    do you mean me siblers? i didnt buy one, i quit work for exams so ive been scrimping up the money to order them, just missed them when they told out and now ive got to scrimp again because people are paying ridiculous money

No, I meant in general. I paid by installments but I am yet to get my ticket.

Advertisement