Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea would love to see Jamie T added too.

Would love to see him headline Rankins , dont think he is big enough over here to headline the EA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yea they have a UK tour in November so probably a date over here will be announced

yep, they said "see you in November" at the end of their Longitude set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

There is a good chance of been added, look at the top of the line up poster, lots of spaces to be filled in, whos to say someone massive can't be still added.

Can't see anyone massive being added now, with all the tickets sold what would be the point? A few mid-range bands and a few low-level filler acts is what I'm expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

There might be more tickets on sale soon. Last year they announced 23 more bands to the lineup on 24th July:
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/electric-picnic-hozier-strypes-1975-3908482

29th July they announced capacity increase of 8,000 following license approval:
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/electric-picnic-increases-festival-capacity-3931720

We know that there was an application to increase capacity by c.7,000 again this year:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/06/23/electric-picnic-lodge-event-licence-application/

Also note that a lot of people have opted for installment plans for buying tickets. Those tickets have not yet been issued so a big influx may start popping up over the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Bowlardo wrote: »
    They better add jamie T to the line up.
    Saw him at T in the park last weekend, he was absolutely sensational. He's in Reading the week before so it's not entirely unthinkable that he would play.

I may be on my own here but he irritates the f**k out of me. That song "Zombie" is awful :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

There is a good chance of been added, look at the top of the line up poster, lots of spaces to be filled in, whos to say someone massive can't be still added.

I don't think anyone is saying big acts cant be added, but would be very unusual for a festival to add anyone big this late. In particular when it has sold out, usually big acts are only added to drive sales.

What is the benefit from a business perspective in spending big on an act and adding this late in the proceedings? It can't drive ticket sales, won't make a difference to advertising, etc. so...?

That said, I wouldn't see someone like the Maccabees being above the level that will be announced. There would have to be someone relatively decent size just to generate interest in the announcement. For e.g., a lot of people love Trenchtown but I know plenty who didn't even realise it had been announced because there's no household name on it. Last July, Hozier, James McMorrow and Wild Beasts were added, maybe this year it'll be slightly below that level but I would say it's feasable that Le Galaxie, Young Wonder, Jape, Villagers, The Maccabees, Jamie T and a handful of Longitude and Forbidden Fruit acts could all be in the realm of what we can expect.

Plus, Body & Soul will have 2 or 3 interesting names for sure - last year it was Tune Yards, Perfume Genius and Young Fathers, I'd expect something similar this time out.

My own hopes are any of James Blake, Everything Everything, the Maccabees, Jamie T, Run the Jewels, Mark Lanegan, Ash, Torres or Gaz Coombes. But Im happy with what I have at the moment too so I won't lose any sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Word going round is he'll be playing b2b with Daft Punk at the rave in the woods.

Unlikely, since he's playing in the US & Canada that weekend

http://hozier.com/live/

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

stevire wrote: »
    There might be more tickets on sale soon. Last year they announced 23 more bands to the lineup on 24th July:
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/electric-picnic-hozier-strypes-1975-3908482

29th July they announced capacity increase of 8,000 following license approval:
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/electric-picnic-increases-festival-capacity-3931720

We know that there was an application to increase capacity by c.7,000 again this year:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/06/23/electric-picnic-lodge-event-licence-application/

Also note that a lot of people have opted for installment plans for buying tickets. Those tickets have not yet been issued so a big influx may start popping up over the next few weeks

Did they release extra tickets after that announcement last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Do donedeal and toutless really have a way to prevent people selling over cost price? If you look on DD all the EP tickets listed have no price, so you have to call them to find out the price. Id imagine it's the same on toutless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

endabob1 wrote: »

I think that was a gag, playing on unrealistic expectations for new announcements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MadYaker wrote: »
    Do donedeal and toutless really have a way to prevent people selling over cost price? If you look on DD all the EP tickets listed have no price, so you have to call them to find out the price. Id imagine it's the same on toutless?

Toutless is face value only, harder to come by tickets though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

dublinjen wrote: »
    Did they release extra tickets after that announcement last year ?

Hard to tell as it sold out on 31st July last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They have a ban on advertising above retail price. People who do will be banned but, just like in all other forms of commerce, people can also bid higher than what's listed and there's not much that can be done then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Anyone I have contacted on done deal are asking how much I am willing to offer! I have reserved a ticket for some guy for 300 was the best I could do. Sickened I have to pay over the price but can not rest easy till I have that ticket ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think that was a gag, playing on unrealistic expectations for new announcements.

I'm still holding out for Kanye West :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

endabob1 wrote: »

hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

As much as I like electric picnic I wouldn't pay 300+ euro. I may just be a tight ****er but after getting there and back, food and drink, and everything else it's already expensive enough as it is, never-mind with another couple hundred tout-tax added on.

I hope this mad demand isn't the end of the discounted tickets. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

As much as I like electric picnic I wouldn't pay 300+ euro. I may just be a tight ****er but after getting there and back, food and drink, and everything else it's already expensive enough as it is, never-mind with another couple hundred tout-tax added on.

Yea was thinking the same ref discounted tickets! Although it wouldn't bother me if they tightened up the loyalty eligibility, they seem to give it to anyone!! But to end it completely would be devastating!
    You have to ask though, without discounted tickets and Blur this year, would they sell 49k tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'm a co-founder/admin of toutless.com

To answer your question if anyone openly / publicly asks for more or offers more, even in wink wink nudge nudge terms, we instantly ban them. No warnings etc.

If we get a report of someone looking for more or offering more in private messages we confirm and ban them... again no warnings or otherwise. We don't shut down listings that don't specify the price by default but we skip the verification and go straight to banning if we get a report on one of those.

We've a few honeytrap scenarios I won't go into as well but in general we're counting on the diligence of the community and our strictness on rule violation to keep things in line. The hope is that knowledge that this is our stance reduces the amount of people who bother trying to profit or pay over the odds on the site. In the end it wastes their time if they try and get caught. Especially as there are plenty of other places for them to go sell tickets over the odds without that hassle.

We're not against touting just to win users or anything like that... we honestly hate it on a personal level as we're all music fans too and I'd happily run the site into the ground banning everyone to protect that ideal if that was what was necessary.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

also be very careful buying tickets off people, you have zero recourse if you rock you to ticket check and your ticket is one five replacements and is invalid, ticketmaster will not help you out and you will be stuck outside. Its getting worse each year and sell out shows really bring out the worst in people

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yea was thinking the same ref discounted tickets! Although it wouldn't bother me if they tightened up the loyalty eligibility, they seem to give it to anyone!! But to end it completely would be devastating!
    You have to ask though, without discounted tickets and Blur this year, would they sell 49k tickets?

Not sure how they would means test it but even if there was an early bird with the low price open to everyone and then it went on a little longer for those who could prove they've been several times.

It's a good question whether it would sell out without all the discounted spots. Probably not at all i'd say. without the discounted tickets they would probably only sell about 3 or 4 tickets total *cough* *cough* (just in case they're reading this thread, now they'll definitely think twice about taking away the discounted tix)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

What's the chances of Foals coming back again this year? New album on the way and they've got summer dates on there website. The Sunday date for ep has nothing there. There new song has been on repeat today.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Maccabees, Run The Jewels and Jungle would make me very happy

saying that its one of the best line ups in years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Are we expecting an announcement in the next couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Are we expecting an announcement in the next couple of weeks?

Next couple of days I would say. Thought way back that Run The Jewels and Jamie XX might get announced so I'll stick with that, no idea who else to expect. Surely one or two from the Longitude bill but who is anyones guess...

well selling out a month in advance last year didn't get rid of them, so doubt it will next year either. could see a small bump in the price again though.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    What's the chances of Foals coming back again this year? New album on the way and they've got summer dates on there website. The Sunday date for ep has nothing there. There new song has been on repeat today.
    zero, played last year and they're almost at headliner level at this stage.
    probably headline FF or Longitude next year, Longitude more likely as they've history with MCD. probably have a couple of Olympia shows around November or early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I'm sick of people with no tickets crying about the price tickets are going for now , u had 9 months to get tickets before it sold out . I don't see why sites like done deal are blocking people from selling tickets over face value , if somebody has something to sell and people are willing to pay crazy prices for it then leave them at it . U don't see them blocking anyone else from selling half the crap they have on done deal that most people wouldn't take away for free

the reason they're stopping them from selling the tickets over face value is to discourage touts from buying out all the tickets and then selling them on at their inflated price. contrary to what people may think, the price of a ticket is based on a lot more than the sum of the cost of the acts divided by the number of spots available.

Electric picnic would rather people buy the ticket for 150 and spend 150 euro on drink and food at the stalls inside the festival, than spend 300 euro on a touted ticket and not have any money to enjoy themselves at the festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Well then if people don't like touts don't line their pockets , I know I wouldn't pay the money their asking for a ticket , organise ur self better for next years EP , there was more than enough time to get tickets at face value on Ticketmaster

Advertisement