Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

lc180 wrote: »
    Le Galaxie have "news coming this Friday".

Next EP announcement surely.

Curious to know how many other variances of their live show they can come up for their annual picnic gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

So should we force Electric Picnic or the organisers of Ed Sheeran concerts to sell their tickets at face value? If it's wrong for touts to make money off tickets then surely it's wrong for everyone else to do it too?

We should yeah, we should force them to do that.

Then they wouldn't be scum of the earth touts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Synode wrote: »
    They too would be genuine fans. Not people looking to make money off them

I'd say the majority of tickets up on adverts.ie or wherever are from "genuine fans" rather than actual touts.

For a dedicated tout, it's a big upfront cost for a gig that doesn't always sell out, that's a risk, plus you're sitting on the ticket for months and months before you get your money back.

I think most of the tickets that come up for sale are people who are going themselves but who buy an extra one and say "I'll sell the other one for a profit and that will be my beer money for the weekend", and I hate that attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It would easily be stopped by putting names and photos on tickets. If you have a spare and need to sell it there could be an official channel to do this. All this is great in theory, but will never happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Castlepalooza have gone entirely the opposite direction with it. Tickets are generally printed with your name and you have to show ID to get your wristband, and they're entirely non-transferable. I've been caught out by that, not being able to go but not being able to flog my ticket (for FV or a loss since it never sells out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The Charlatans would be a great headline act for the EA

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Always Sunny

Metropolis line up for November in the RDS is very impressive in fairness. Unfortunately it all but confirms Jamie XX won't be at picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Unfortunately it all but confirms Jamie XX won't be at picnic.

Great, I'd hate for a decent slot to wasted on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Always Sunny

Great, I'd hate for a decent slot to wasted on him!

Saw him at Forbidden Fruits and I thought he sensational. Each to their own and all that though, not everyone's cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Everything Everything have announced a gig in November, so I guess that's their announcement as opposed to playing the EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

everlast75 wrote: »
    Everything Everything have announced a gig in November, so I guess that's their announcement as opposed to playing the EP

Balls was hoping they'd be making an appearance. They are still free EP weekend though with Leeds before it and Lollapalooza after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Balls. Bad news day all over with a few of my major hopes for Picnic announced elsewhere.

Both Jamie xx and Everything Everything are still free that weekend and certainly wouldn't be completely out of the question, but three gigs between June and November would be unlikely you'd have to say.

Shame!

Tbf to Metropolis, that is a stellar bill. Chic, the Roots, Mark Ronson, Jamie xx, Kaytranada, Giorgio Morodor, Todd Terje - they'd all get a good crowd at EP.

Balls. Bad news day all over with a few of my major hopes for Picnic announced elsewhere.

Both Jamie xx and Everything Everything are still free that weekend and certainly wouldn't be completely out of the question, but three gigs between June and November would be unlikely you'd have to say.

Shame!

Tbf to Metropolis, that is a stellar bill. Chic, the Roots, Mark Ronson, Jamie xx, Kaytranada, Giorgio Morodor, Todd Terje - they'd all get a good crowd at EP.

ha! In your electric dreams!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Any word on the Body & Soul Line-up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

guerilla_aerial_ep_2015.jpg?itok=KTSh3stW

Encouraging to see they are adding some more side shows , be pretty cool if they found a spot in the woods for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

stevire wrote: »
    Balls was hoping they'd be making an appearance. They are still free EP weekend though with Leeds before it and Lollapalooza after it
    as I said the other day, at the end of their Longitude set they said "see you in November", so I very much doubt they're going to be at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Metropolis line up for November in the RDS is very impressive in fairness. Unfortunately it all but confirms Jamie XX won't be at picnic.

Pretty good line up indeed! I hope it's 99 for the two days and not just one of the days!

Nice to have a small festival like this in November :)

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Pretty good line up indeed! I hope it's 99 for the two days and not just one of the days!

From their Facebook page
    Early bird weekend tickets on sale at 9am this Friday 24th July at €99.50 inc booking fee, through Ticketmaster and usual outlets. www.ticketmaster.ie/Ph 0818 719300 Prices include booking fee but subject to service charges.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Shame!

They are 100% ruled out after the recent announcements

Can't wait for Tame Impala, a few smokes, cold beers and hopefully some sunshine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

as I said the other day, at the end of their Longitude set they said "see you in November", so I very much doubt they're going to be at EP.

An it was my fault for getting everyone's hopes up :pac: Including mine to be fair though! :(

Academy it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I demand some fresh Electric Picnic news now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

you sound like you know something b-dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

everlast75 wrote: »
    Can't wait for Tame Impala, a few smokes, cold beers and hopefully some sunshine!
    Pity theyre on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Surely the new announcement is today or tomorrow!? Longitude over, Metropolis and POD getting attention, time for EP to give us something. 6 weeks left!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sapatreks

MattD wrote: »
    Surely the new announcement is today or tomorrow!? Longitude over, Metropolis and POD getting attention, time for EP to give us something. 6 weeks left!

Voting for play the picnic ends tomorrow so I wouldn't be surprised with an announcement on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bangthebodhran

A new batch of tickets going on sale for the Picnic, it looks like the capacity will be increased, just announced there on their facebook page.

A new batch of tickets going on sale for the Picnic, it looks like the capacity will be increased, just announced there on their facebook page.

Can't see it there. Have you a link

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bangthebodhran

It looks like I got that mixed up but its a special texting service to get the last fifty tickets or so for the Picnic. Sorry can't post with links, I'm Bodhrandude but posting from my workplace but I only have two posts with my Bangthebodhran username, someone else will have to find the link.

• Advertisement

Just checked Ticketmaster and no new tickets

Advertisement