Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bangthebodhran

The offer is through 3Deck, its fifty extra tickets through the three network. They are selling a batch of fifty tickets through their website on Friday 31st July at 9am, 3plus customers can register for tickets from July 29th by texting EP to 51020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Is there a link to the announcement? If there really is a capacity increase coming it will be a couple of thousand tickets. I wonder if they got it and are just milking the sold out state they have at the moment with partner promotions like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

http://www.joe.ie/life-style/no-tickets-for-electric-picnic-theres-hope-for-you-yet/505131

Joe.ie are hardly a reliable source but I just came across this on Facebook, worth a punt for anybody really stuck. Hopefully they don't fall into the hands of touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

50 tickets haha. You'd think it'd be a free competition rather than sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    http://www.joe.ie/life-style/no-tickets-for-electric-picnic-theres-hope-for-you-yet/505131

Joe.ie are hardly a reliable source but I just came across this on Facebook, worth a punt for anybody really stuck. Hopefully they don't fall into the hands of touts.
    they've done a great job in that video of making out that a crap seating area at Longitude was something worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Pity theyre on the Sunday

Source?

Where and when will they play do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

A new batch of tickets going on sale for the Picnic, it looks like the capacity will be increased, just announced there on their facebook page.

Is this Bodhrandude? It's gonna get mighty confusing otherwise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Source?

i would have thought its either them or war on drugs to close the electric arena on sunday night-at a guess id say tame impala, with WOD playing around 7pm on main stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Source?

http://www.tameimpala.com/tours/
    No clue what time and place, I haven't been since 2011, can't remember much of it. I presume they will be one of the later bands on one of the top 3 stages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Looks like War On Drugs will be Fri or Sat, as they are in England the Sunday:
    http://www.thewarondrugs.net/shows/
    Django Djanog are on the Friday: http://www.djangodjango.co.uk/tour/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Has anyone done a day by day based on the bands websites yet? Can't believe this is only 6 weeks away. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I need to be in Galway at 10am the Monday after EP, anyway I can pull this off?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I need to be in Galway at 10am the Monday after EP, anyway I can pull this off?

Of course... Just don't get rat arsed on Sunday and leave at the craic of dawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Of course... Just don't get rat arsed on Sunday and leave at the craic of dawn!

Stop boozing early on sunday , leaving so early is going to rise suspicion if theres guards on the road. Have the car packed and ready to go sunday afternoon.Remember the noise won't stop til 4am so if you want any kip at all maybe try sleep in the car.

Don't have a car that's the problem. Will need to get a bus or train to Galway somehow!

Don't have a car that's the problem. Will need to get a bus or train to Galway somehow!

You'll have to leave on Sunday then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Synode wrote: »
    Has anyone done a day by day based on the bands websites yet? Can't believe this is only 6 weeks away. Can't wait

going on all the bands websites
    Friday is Sam smith, belle and Sebastian, Interpol, Florence ,

Saturday is George Ezra , blur

Sunday django django (or Saturday) Jurassic 5, tame impala, Interpol

Underworld on Friday too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this Bodhrandude? It's gonna get mighty confusing otherwise!!
    Yeah that me alright was on another computer and didn't know my default password so logged in through my Facebook so that I could comment.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

If you hitch to Kinnegad early enough you can get the Dublin - Galway commuter citylink bus from there, do you need to be at an induction for college or uni?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Saturday is George Ezra , blur

Sunday django django (or Saturday) Jurassic 5, tame impala, Interpol

Have Blur announced themselves for Sat/have shows either side?

*edit*

Ah I see 5th Sept on their website. Ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭El Director

Guys, just wondering - how do you know which campsite you are in? I have my weekend ticket which includes camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Guys, just wondering - how do you know which campsite you are in? I have my weekend ticket which includes camping.

You choose yourself when you get there. Unless you're in one of the campsites that need registration/payment like Pink Moon or Be Your Environment

Just heard that NWA are reforming for a tour along with Eminem, perhaps contenders for the EP 2016 line up.

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/an-n-w-a-reunion-featuring-eminem-could-be-on-its-way

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Barlivia

Anyone any experience of the pink moon campsite is it worth the money? If you get there early can you pick the tents you want or are they allotted beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Just heard that NWA are reforming for a tour along with Eminem, perhaps contenders for the EP 2016 line up.

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/an-n-w-a-reunion-featuring-eminem-could-be-on-its-way
    Eminem and Dr.Dre's reps have already said that it isn't true.
    it was suggested that it might happen by some executive at the movie studio that is making the NWA film.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Walt Jabsco

Barlivia wrote: »
    Anyone any experience of the pink moon campsite is it worth the money? If you get there early can you pick the tents you want or are they allotted beforehand?
    The tents are allocated to you. They give you a separate wristband with your tent number on it. As far as i'm concerned for the security and getting a good nights kip, it is well worth it.

If you hitch to Kinnegad early enough you can get the Dublin - Galway commuter citylink bus from there, do you need to be at an induction for college or uni?

Yeah it's induction which usually wouldn't matter that much but I'm starting a post grad so I can't really miss it.

Apparently there are shuttle buses to the train station so might be able to figure something out that way.

Yeah it's induction which usually wouldn't matter that much but I'm starting a post grad so I can't really miss it.

Apparently there are shuttle buses to the train station so might be able to figure something out that way.

Well if your doing trains Portlaoise to Athlone and you can get the Galway connection in Athlone. Pricey though unless you get a web fare deal or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Synode wrote: »
    Underworld on Friday too

Jesus Friday will be some night.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this method of predicting the running order may not be 100% reliable.

Advertisement