Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

possible, although he/they played Dimensions in Croatia 2 days before EP this year and didn't come over...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

possible, although he/they played Dimensions in Croatia 2 days before EP this year and didn't come over...

This is true, but he had already played Body and Soul in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Future islands playing a festival in Norway in mid August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Future islands playing a festival in Norway in mid August.

lets hope they stay there doing their dad dancing. :p

i see Florence and the Machine are headlining that festival. could see them being EP headliners too.

Caribou,Foxygen, Flying Lotus and Run The Jewels playing it too.

the other festival Caribou are at has Intrpol and Django Django at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

i see Florence and the Machine are headlining that festival. could see them being EP headliners too.

Caribou,Foxygen, Flying Lotus and Run The Jewels playing it too.

the other festival Caribou are at has Intrpol and Django Django at it.

Jesus Interpol and Django would be class! Really wanna see Django Django again, they were unreal at the first Longtitude really know how to get a crowd going. Half of them are Irish too so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Run the Jewels, Caribou and Flying Lotus would be an absolute dream, and adding Jon Hopkins to that I would need little else to justify a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Mince Pie wrote: »
    lets hope they stay there doing their dad dancing. :p

lTS4cY1.gif

Run the Jewels, Caribou and Flying Lotus would be an absolute dream, and adding Jon Hopkins to that I would need little else to justify a ticket.

Flying Lotus and Thundercat would be ace.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Roisin Murphy added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Roisin Murphy added

Liking the additions so far ,nice to see they are going out to keep the picnic of the old days demographic happy. Be much happier now if they brought back a full friday insted of forking out silly money for a big headliner, like that €0.5m they gave the killers a few years ago.

deadly!

Electric Picnic
    George Ezra is the latest act to join the Electric Picnic 2015 line-up.

Great addition

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

im delighted with that...Ezra has the songs and a promising future ahead hopefully

david75 wrote: »
    im delighted with that...Ezra has the songs and a promising future ahead hopefully

Yea missed getting tickets for his Academy gig . Im really enjoying this way of announcing the line up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Yea missed getting tickets for his Academy gig . Im really enjoying this way of announcing the line up

Yeah me too. It's refreshing considering the last few years where we don't know anything for ages.
    So happy with Roisin Murphy, and I really like George Ezra.
    I've a great feeling that line up wise, it's going to be the best yet

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Why do people want acts that played here last year?

Also George Ezra's poxy as ****e

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Why do people want acts that played here last year?

Also George Ezra's poxy as ****e

Why is it a bad thing? There are always gonna be acts that have played here recently that will pop up. Sure Foals played here a few months before they did EP and a good few other acts too

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Will definitely hit up George Ezra if I'm having trouble getting to sleep at any stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Would love to see Kendrick Lamar....

"We have an early #Xmas present for you today, tune into @colmhayes2fm to see what is behind the door of the Electric Picnic advent calendar" Please be a big announcement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

war on drugs have been added!!!

yesssss

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

War on Drugs. Personally couldn't get into their last album but it's one of the most acclaimed of the year so that is a pretty excellent announcement. Hopefully they get Sun Kil Moon and have them play at the same time....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I love how 2FM made The War On Drugs announcement and then followed it up with a Rihanna song, would it have killed them to play Red Eyes or Pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Wow, amazing addition. Highly impressed by the announcements so far! :D

lc180 wrote: »
    I love how 2FM made The War On Drugs announcement and then followed it up with a Rihanna song, would it have killed them to play Red Eyes or Pressure!

Do daytime 2fm listeners even know who War On Drugs Are? I remember driving back from from ep this year, had 2fm on and they played a Foals song, after the song finished the Dj starting chatting about how big they are going to become and how they're new on the scene. They're massive already.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

lc180 wrote: »

Just put on TXfm, they only play a TWOD song every ten minutes everyday anyway

great addition :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

War on drugs, what a F**kin announcement!! Yes!! Delighted!
    If you don't know their music check out "Lost in a dream" latest album. Not a jump out in your face band, slightly subdued great car album.

Straight to business! Where will they play? They played the pyramid stage Sunday afternoon at Glastonbury, sun shining, sipping on a can, absolute bliss. Their live sound is impressive, almost studio.
    I'm assuming they're a headline?

Advertisement