Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I feel like I've missed the cool meeting on WOD's. They just sound like dad rock Dire Straits to me and hated them with a passion.
    Glad they've been announced cos lots of people like them but I will be far far away in my Pet Shop Boys spot playing me spoons again.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

Ah War on drugs lovely stuff. This lineup is looking very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Fatfrog wrote: »
    War on drugs, what a F**kin announcement!! Yes!! Delighted!
    If you don't know their music check out "Lost in a dream" latest album. Not a jump out in your face band, slightly subdued great car album.

Straight to business! Where will they play? They played the pyramid stage Sunday afternoon at Glastonbury, sun shining, sipping on a can, absolute bliss. Their live sound is impressive, almost studio.
    I'm assuming they're a headline?

Very happy with them too.

Could be playing mogwai's slot from last year? Headlining the electric arena on sunday night. That said I really hope not as I missed mogwai for outkast, two of my most anticipated acts of last year :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

War on Drugs can suck my cock

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Francis H Murphy

Now Mark, just 'cause you were nice to the drummer boy no need to bring farmyard fowl into the discussion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Their album Slave Ambient is well worth checking out for anyone on the fence.
    The opening tune is a cracker.

Quite happy with the additions so far, George Ezra and The War on Drugs in particular. Glad I have my loyalty ticket already. :)
    Missed Picnic 2014, so have a lot of making up for it to do next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Very tempted to head to this now with TWOD added, alongside George Ezra. Would see Roisín Murphy and Belle & Sebastien too. How much is it usually? And is there a deposit scheme? Last time I went was in 2008 for Mark Lanegan!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    Very tempted to head to this now with TWOD added, alongside George Ezra. Would see Roisín Murphy and Belle & Sebastien too. How much is it usually? And is there a deposit scheme? Last time I went was in 2008 for Mark Lanegan!

Yea their is a deposit scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yea their is a deposit scheme

Fairly sure that makes up my mind anyway. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mushy wrote: »
    Fairly sure that makes up my mind anyway. Cheers!

In previous years the court case held up the EP planners, early bird tickets only realised in spring.

No court case this year, and we're already into the second or third batch of early birds, the current sale ends Dec31st. Not clear if they'll be realised again in spring. If you know you're going now's the time to get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I was just looking at the Last.fm event page and copped Jon Hopkins on the lineup, when was he announced??!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Saruwatari wrote: »
    I was just looking at the Last.fm event page and copped Jon Hopkins on the lineup, when was he announced??!

He was the second announcement if I recall correctly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

War on Drugs sealed it for me. Ticket bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wonder if there will be a sonic light show like last year in Dublin for new years eve as part of Electric Picnic 2015.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the 2014 highlights thing is on again tonight at 9pm on RTE2.

the 2014 highlights thing is on again tonight at 9pm on RTE2.

Don't watch it , Its cringeworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭guitarrrszz

wod, good lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Has the opportunity for loyalty tickets passed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Don't watch it , Its cringeworthy

Coverage of Foals was pretty decent I taught, the bits between the acts was awful though.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Coverage of Foals was pretty decent I taught, the bits between the acts was awful though.

Yea i agree but that gob****e Eoin McDermott should be nowhere near a TV , Surely someone like Cormac Battle or Dan Hegarthy would have been more suited

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Very cringeworthy presenters alright, Tom Dunne would be a good fit I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Yea i agree but that gob****e Eoin McDermott should be nowhere near a TV , Surely someone like Cormac Battle or Dan Hegarthy would have been more suited

I caught him "interviewing" Hozier the other night.

It was particularly cringeworthy muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

budgemook wrote: »
    Has the opportunity for loyalty tickets passed now?

They finished on the 31st but they'll probably be back up again around easter If I can remember properly it was the same last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Judging by their facebook announcement The War on Drugs seem to be playing on Sunday.

lc180 wrote: »
    Judging by their facebook announcement The War on Drugs seem to be playing on Sunday.

Same with George Ezra

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Tame Impala playing Coachella. Decent chance of them playing EP ? *prays*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I caught him "interviewing" Hozier the other night.

It was particularly cringeworthy muck.

It was especially galling that they had an interview or were they just talking sh1te during Portishead's performance as you can hear them playing in the background yet no bloody footage of the best act by a mile to have graced the EP main stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Would love to see this man live at ep with the full band.

This show is going on the road by the looks of it,not just a one off. Todd Terje and the Olsens are playing Coachella

• Advertisement

MGMTea wrote: »
    Tame Impala playing Coachella. Decent chance of them playing EP ? *prays*

Oh please make that happen

Advertisement