Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

I've never camped in the normal campsites but will this year. Should I invest in a good tent or will it just get wrecked? Also, any good deals on tents?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

that's a bit disappointing.
    i really don't see the point in the RBMA only opening at 10pm each night. you could have Irish DJs, even competition winners, down there from midday playing and the bar open and you'd get a decent amount of people coming through rather than sitting at their tent until 4pm. i know most would be drinking their own drink, but they'd still sell plenty of cold spirits/cocktails.

Absolutely, 5k more punters to entertain this year. If it's already setup why not use it!!
    In saying this I wouldn't appreciate it kicking off too early if I was camped nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

ok, non music question! where can I watch the England Vs Ireland match on the 5th?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

ewj1978 wrote: »
    ok, non music question! where can I watch the England Vs Ireland match on the 5th?

Stradbally town, just outside the festival site, there is about five pubs to choose from.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Anyone hear if RTE are doing tv coverage of the festival again this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Anyone hear if RTE are doing tv coverage of the festival again this year?

Hope not, their coverage last year was utterly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I am a little disappointed though that there seems to be no legendary reggae headliner for the Sunday afternoon, maybe EP will remedy that with the final mid August announcement.

Legend might do that slot.
    Bob Marley cover band.

True, but I hope RTE persist, the festival deserves some decent tv limelight. Two new presenters and more emphasis on the music and we'll be on the right track...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

I bought my EP ticket thru the installment plan so would have been paid in full on 31st July. Does anyone know when I should expect my ticket in the post from ticket master ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

Hi ,anyone remember a percussion act last year , all of them were dressed as goblins and trolls .about 20 of them out and about . name ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

It was shocking, it really was. Unbelievable.

jones 19 wrote: »
    Hi ,anyone remember a percussion act last year , all of them were dressed as goblins and trolls .about 20 of them out and about . name ?

Not these folk by any chance, could be Macnas or Spraoi folk working within Body & Soul.

Or the Torann Drummers

Who is on your must see list?

Will definitely be catching;

Tame Impala
    Jon Hopkins
    Despacio
    Blur
    Future islands
    Ride
    Son Lux
    Little May
    The war on drugs

An interesting interview with Jon Hopkins from a few months back, he reveals that he is working on an new album which he hopes to have finished for the end of February. http://www.factmag.com/2015/06/14/jon-hopkins-interview-brian-eno-coldplay-twin-peaks/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

My must see's

Blur
    Parquet Courts
    Girl Band
    Flo
    Villagers
    Girlpool
    Django Django
    Belle and Sebastian

Didn't realise the comedy line up was released, I wonder if Des Bishop will do his leaving the immersion on joke!!!

I'd like to see David McSavage if the timing suits. He just doesn't give a F**k

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Must see's:
    Blur
    Tame Impala
    Shamir
    Despacio
    Fka Twigs

Next up:
    Ride
    Jon Hopkins (would be a must-see if I hadn't already seen him 3 times, including May this year)
    Hot Chip
    Alvvays
    Mos Def
    Mano Le Tough
    Jackmaster
    Donal Dineen

If I can avoid clashes in the must see's, all other clashes will be forgiven

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 24 Hours From Tulsa

Only going for the Manics!

Must sees and mindful for clashes, in which case maybe half sets.

Blur
    Hopkins
    Underworld
    Tame Impala
    Hot Chip
    Belle & Sebastian
    FKA Twigs
    Future Islands
    Despacio (Will probably catch the last hour or two one night)
    Boomtown Rats (For nostalgic reasons)
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Ride
    Yasin Bey (Mos Def)
    J5
    Django Django
    Legend
    Mano Le Tough
    Julio Bashmore
    Tourist
    Viet Cong
    Giro
    Big Jelly
    Donal Dineen

Loads of others too, will probably not even get to see quarter of the stuff listed but I don't mind as there is always something to make it worthwhile at EP where ever I am.

I hope to catch:

Jon Hopkins
    Underworld
    Blur
    Paul Kalk
    Jape
    Mano
    Hot Chip
    2 Bears
    Battles
    New Jackson
    Bashmore
    Tame Impala
    Ben Khan
    Tourist
    Despacio
    Donal Dineen

plus a lot of random unknown stuff...

• Advertisement

Must sees and mindful for clashes, in which case maybe half sets.

Blur
    Hopkins
    Underworld
    Tame Impala
    Hot Chip
    Belle & Sebastian
    FKA Twigs
    Future Islands
    Despacio (Will probably catch the last hour or two one night)
    Boomtown Rats (For nostalgic reasons)
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Ride
    Yasin Bey (Mos Def)
    J5
    Django Django
    Legend
    Mano Le Tough
    Julio Bashmore
    Tourist
    Viet Cong
    Giro
    Big Jelly
    Donal Dineen

Loads of others too, will probably not even get to see quarter of the stuff listed but I don't mind as there is always something to make it worthwhile at EP where ever I am.

Trying to keep my list as short as possible, the likes of hot chip and underworld I've seen umpteen times, but will certainly go if there's nothing else on.

One of my favourite times is around noon, on both Saturday and Sunday, venturing around the various stages, not having a clue of most of the acts. 'Discovered' some real gems over the years!!

Was hoping for a few more up and coming acts, maybe someone like Wolf Alice but I see there at Jersey live the same weekend.

The EP organisers in the past had a real nack for booking relatively unknown acts early on in the year, only for them to become huge around or shortly after the EP.
    Like Foster the people and Temper trap both played the EP very early a Friday, before most made it out of the camp sites. Both did very well afterwards particularly Foster the people.
    Florence was pretty much unheard of in main stream early 2009 when they were booked, but was huge by the time the EP rolled around, electric arena was wedged!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

New Jackson
    Crow Black Chicken
    Paul Kalk
    Underworld
    Despacio
    Mos Def

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

New Jackson
    Crow Black Chicken
    Paul Kalk
    Underworld
    Despacio
    Mos Def

Where are Crow Black Chicken playing? Can't see them on the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

FWIW

So many that i wanna see, but i'll definitely be checking out:
    Manics
    TWOD
    Fat White Family
    The Staves
    Jape
    Soak
    Pie Minister x10

If no clashes:
    The Sultans
    Despacio
    Blur
    Tame Impala
    Django
    Hot Chip
    Marika Hackman
    Alvvays
    Villagers
    The Eskies

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

Not these folk by any chance, could be Macnas or Spraoi folk working within Body & Soul.

Or the Torann Drummers

On the ball ,spraoi was the crowd .one if the highlights of last year for me ,thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Tame Impala
    Battles
    Blur
    Ho99o9
    My Morning Jacket
    Mos Def
    Jon Hopkins
    Hot Chip
    Rubberbandits
    Manics
    Chvrches
    FKA Twigs
    Underworld
    New Jackson
    Villagers
    Jape
    Le Galaxie
    Despacio
    Girl Band
    Ride
    Django Django
    Julio Bashmore
    Metz
    War on Drugs
    Future Islands.

No chance of seeing all of them, would be happy with the first 10-15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Keep forgetting about quality acts like Battles, Chvrches, Villagers, Manics because I'm too busy thinking about Blur, Florence, FKA twigs, Tame Impala, Ride, Pond and Future Islands!

Fat White Family, Girl Band and Shamir are definite goers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Fatfrog wrote: »

The EP organisers in the past had a real nack for booking relatively unknown acts early on in the year, only for them to become huge around or shortly after the EP.
    Like Foster the people and Temper trap both played the EP very early a Friday, before most made it out of the camp sites. Both did very well afterwards particularly Foster the people.
    Florence was pretty much unheard of in main stream early 2009 when they were booked, but was huge by the time the EP rolled around, electric arena was wedged!

Arcade Fire 2005 was the greatest example of this ever. They exploded over that summer yet they were in a tent while Damo Dempsey played the main stage at same time. I had mates who went to see Damo....thankfully I was about 3 rows from the front centre when they walked out to start with "Wake Up". EPIC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I remember Janelle Monae playing to a huge crowd on the Main Stage at about 5pm on the Friday in 2010, with "Tightrope" having just come out and exploded in the charts.

Indiependence Festival in Cork has a habit of striking gold with its acts on that side. Hozier, Tom Odell and a few more were all booked over the last 4/5 years on the back of very little output. Suddenly, explosion over the summer and quietly shoved up the bill in time for the festival!!

Advertisement