Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Alabama Shakes for me on the Saturday afternoon main stage slot a few years back were a great personal find. Never hear of them before hand and was happy out listening to them.

On another note, I would think an announcement for the Salty Dog will happen early this week. Would be surprised if King Kong Company are not in the announcement list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Anyone else have a "print at home" ticket for this? Mate of mine bought one on donedeal but I see on the official site that there are only hard copy tickets this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Wooderson wrote: »
    Anyone else have a "print at home" ticket for this? Mate of mine bought one on donedeal but I see on the official site that there are only hard copy tickets this year...

I could be wrong but I remember seeing some sort of warning for people buying tickets outside of the official sellers saying that there are no "print at home" tickets this year... I'd double check but sounds like your friend has been done. :(

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I remember seeing some sort of warning for people buying tickets outside of the official sellers saying that there are no "print at home" tickets this year... I'd double check but sounds like your friend has been done. :(

****e. Plan B will have to be deployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ronfee

My family tickets that I got last September from ticketmaster are also "Print at Home". I saw that on the website and was wondering alright...

• Advertisement

****e. Plan B will have to be deployed.

Well I'd double check first and see if they would work, it just doesn't sound good considering what has been posted about them no selling print at home tickets.

Anyone else here got print at home tickets?

ronfee wrote: »
    My family tickets that I got last September from ticketmaster are also "Print at Home". I saw that on the website and was wondering alright...

My buddy's are family camping as well mate yep... I've personally got the standard "posted out to me" variety for family camping.

Think the article on the website should be updated/removed if incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

In no particular order...

Florence
    Chvrches
    Battles
    Blur
    Roisin Murphy
    Alvvays
    Interpol
    Tame Impala
    J5
    The War On Drugs
    Future Islands
    My Morning Jacket
    Django Django
    Grace Jones
    Young Fathers
    Hot Chip
    Jape
    Le Galaxie
    Sultans of Ping
    Frank and Walters
    Fight like Apes
    Rubberbandits

I'm sure I've forgotten some but thank **** for the App that one of the Boardsies conjured up.

Months ago I was praying for more acts.. now I'm praying that there won't be many clashes between the bands I want to see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Adamocovic wrote: »

yup, from here

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/please-be-aware-when-buying-tickets-second-hand-sources

Take off, nuke the seller from orbit, only way to be sure.

or else ring ticketmaster...

actually, take off and nuke ticketmaster from orbit, only way to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

everlast75 wrote: »

Florence
    Chvrches
    Battles
    Blur
    Roisin Murphy
    Alvvays
    Interpol
    Tame Impala
    J5
    The War On Drugs
    Future Islands
    My Morning Jacket
    Django Django
    Grace Jones
    Young Fathers
    Hot Chip
    Jape
    Le Galaxie
    Sultans of Ping
    Frank and Walters
    Fight like Apes
    Rubberbandits

I'm sure I've forgotten some but thank **** for the App that one of the Boardsies conjured up.

Months ago I was praying for more acts.. now I'm praying that there won't be many clashes between the bands I want to see :(

Don't thnk Young fathers are playing...unfortunately! Unless they're yet to be announced?

• Advertisement

yup, from here

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/please-be-aware-when-buying-tickets-second-hand-sources

Take off, nuke the seller from orbit, only way to be sure.

or else ring ticketmaster...

actually, take off and nuke ticketmaster from orbit, only way to be sure

Is that article/news report from last year? We have two examples now of people with print at home family tickets...

Snarky Snark Snark

Is that article/news report from last year? We have two examples now of people with print at home family tickets...

It's the official EP website. I think people would be best advised to ring ticketmaster if they are in doubt rather than taking spurious advice (at best) from randomers on a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I was almost sure when i was buying early bird tickets that there was an option to print out , but got hard copy encase i wanted to sell them.

Snarky Snark Snark

lbj666 wrote: »
    I was almost sure when i was buying early bird tickets that there was an option to print out , but got hard copy encase i wanted to sell them.

There could well have been but that's why people need to ring Ticketbastard

There could well have been but that's why people need to ring Ticketbastard

Ya your right,but they are notoriously not helpful with people that bought tickets 2nd hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Must sees

Blur
    Underworld
    Florence (just for tunes from her first album, steamrolling downhill since then)
    Tame Impala
    Hot Chip
    Despacio Nuts
    Villagers
    Boomtown Rats
    Battles
    Django Django
    Jape
    LA Priest
    David O Doherty
    David McSavage
    The Sultans of Ping
    O Emperor
    Todd Terry

If not clashing/a mild interest

Belle and Sebastian
    Grace Jones
    Manics
    FKA Twigs
    Future Islands (for a laugh, their performance of Seasons at Glastonbury was hilarious)
    Ride
    Jurassic 5
    Fight Like Apes

Really is a fantastic lineup this year. And still plenty to come including Trailer Park!

Can anyone recommend some more acts off the Body and Soul lineup? I'm only familiar with LA Priest...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

You could be right there, the first early birds released on the Monday after 2014' festival may have been paper copies as well as printed tickets? I bought in the 2nd early bird scheme around Oct I think, there wasn't any options, the only tickets selectable were the printed and posted ones.
    Call ticket master and give them the barcode.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Don't thnk Young fathers are playing...unfortunately! Unless they're yet to be announced?

Sh*te - must have misread it on here. Well that's one less to worry about :(

everlast75 wrote: »

Florence
    Chvrches
    Battles
    Blur
    Roisin Murphy
    Alvvays
    Interpol
    Tame Impala
    J5
    The War On Drugs
    Future Islands
    My Morning Jacket
    Django Django
    Grace Jones
    Young Fathers
    Hot Chip
    Jape
    Le Galaxie
    Sultans of Ping
    Frank and Walters
    Fight like Apes
    Rubberbandits

Yup - forgot Ride.. A must see!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

gandalfio wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some more acts off the Body and Soul lineup? I'm only familiar with LA Priest...

What's the story with LA Priest? Should I be going to see him?

My recommendation is Shamir - love his album.

• Advertisement

My mate called Ticketmaster who confirmed printed at home ticket is legit.

My mate called Ticketmaster who confirmed printed at home ticket is legit.

Thats brilliant, can relax now ha! Electric Picnic really need to update their site about that.

Can't wait for it now, so close.

For my must see list it really only contains one, yeah theres plenty I want to see but the one act that I refuse to miss no matter what is Interpol. Been a fan for years and can't wait to see them.

Mark McCabe and the vengaboys are this years electric ireland gimmick.

I absolutely despise them even on a tongue in cheek, comic level. I don't have to go watch them but i'll have to endure them being the subject of conversation now.

There'll be morons calling them for them to play a main stage such will be their attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

search?q=terrible+music+quote+and+image&rlz=1C1AVNE_enIE620IE620&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMImc24xcaexwIVY3ByCh3u8Ar6&biw=1821&bih=817&dpr=0.75#tbm=isch&q=terrible+music+&imgrc=lAZbwk-7ZufnmM%3A

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭gandalfio

I absolutely despise them even on a tongue in cheek, comic level. I don't have to go watch them but i'll have to endure them being the subject of conversation now.

There'll be morons calling them for them to play a main stage such will be their attraction.

Absolute joke. Disgusted with that announcement. Just as well the festival is already sold out

Snarky Snark Snark

You know, it would be the greatest bit of trolling of all time if they were stuck on stage in the RBMA or B&S at 1 in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

11873410_992407947470194_5792159990118188868_n.jpg?oh=e55b0945ad5c05d710ad34864682aef0&oe=563C2A3F

The salty dog last weekend. It seems a lot smaller in an empty woods. Also they have a new long hut built to the right of it. I'm not sure what it's gonna be used for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

i'll have to endure them being the subject of conversation now.

You certainly will now that you brought them up!! :P

I'll see you on the vengabus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

DaveSuarez wrote: »

The salty dog last weekend. It seems a lot smaller in an empty woods. Also they have a new long hut built to the right of it. I'm not sure what it's gonna be used for though.
    it that not the hut that serves food throughout the day? or is it a different one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

McCabe is one of the head guys in 2FM these days, wonder what he'll do other than Maniac. i think he did some decent house stuff back in the day.

i won't be anywhere near it though, this, along with that annoying karaoke stage, the heineken basketball area and god knows what else piss me off, EP is just as bad as oxegen for this nonsense now.

Advertisement