Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Basketball area? Where was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Ah that was the Heineken area- on the right hand side as you walk in the entrance from Salty Dog... didnt bother with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

maximoose wrote: »
    Basketball area? Where was that?

I think he's talking about the Sound Atlas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,762 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

lbj666 wrote: »
    Mark McCabe and the vengaboys are this years electric ireland gimmick.

I absolutely despise them even on a tongue in cheek, comic level. I don't have to go watch them but i'll have to endure them being the subject of conversation now.

There'll be morons calling them for them to play a main stage such will be their attraction.

3 things

1) I will most certainly be nowhere near that tent
    2) Mark McCabe hates the song Maniac, so I'm guessing it won't be played (not that I'd give a **** if he did - see point 1)
    3) I don't mind these kind of acts being announced. They will take some idiots away from other acts which I "might" want to see

Edit - "Mark McCabe will perform a live set of Ireland’s fourth biggest-selling single of all time, ‘Maniac 2000’. Mark will bring this late 90's defining anthem back to life on the fifteenth anniversary of his chart takeover, when Maniac 2000 held the No.1 spot for 10 weeks" - Christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

it that not the hut that serves food throughout the day? or is it a different one?

Sounds like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

everlast75 wrote: »
    3 things

1) I will most certainly be nowhere near that tent
    2) Mark McCabe hates the song Maniac, so I'm guessing it won't be played (not that I'd give a **** if he did - see point 1)
    3) I don't mind these kind of acts being announced. They will take some idiots away from other acts which I "might" want to see

Edit - "Mark McCabe will perform a live set of Ireland’s fourth biggest-selling single of all time, ‘Maniac 2000’. Mark will bring this late 90's defining anthem back to life on the fifteenth anniversary of his chart takeover, when Maniac 2000 held the No.1 spot for 10 weeks" - Christ...

Him not playing that song would be like, mr. motivator showing up to read some poetry.
    He has been dragged in for one reason only.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like im the only one who is kinda excited about the announcement :P .
    Could be a bit of fun , I can see McCabe doing a 90's style dj set before finishing up with Maniac , instead of playing house music.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

"Mark McCabe will perform a live set of Ireland’s fourth biggest-selling single of all time, ‘Maniac 2000’. Mark will bring this late 90's defining anthem back to life on the fifteenth anniversary of his chart takeover, when Maniac 2000 held the No.1 spot for 10 weeks" -

Maniac 2000 was released in, yes, you guessed it 2000! hardly a late 90's anthem :rolleyes: Still its sh*te.

I'd be interested if they resurrected the 4th dimension for some mid-90's raving .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

"Mark McCabe will perform a live set of Ireland’s fourth biggest-selling single of all time, ‘Maniac 2000’. Mark will bring this late 90's defining anthem back to life on the fifteenth anniversary of his chart takeover, when Maniac 2000 held the No.1 spot for 10 weeks" -

Maniac 2000 was released in, yes, you guessed it 2000! hardly a late 90's anthem :rolleyes: Still its sh*te.

I'd be interested if they resurrected the 4th dimension for some mid-90's raving .

Any excuse to post this up. If you ever hear auld farts being nostalgic about the feile line ups in the nineties and todays festivals not being a patch on it.
    Show them this.

Snarky Snark Snark

Any excuse to post this up. If you ever hear auld farts being nostalgic about the feile line ups in the nineties and todays festivals not being a patch on it.
    Show them this.

krusty.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

along with that annoying karaoke stage, the heineken basketball area and god knows what else piss me off, EP is just as bad as oxegen for this nonsense now.

Oh God I forgot about that! Trailer Park was ruined by 150 bad Adele cover versions over the course of the weekend…way too loud! If it's there this year I hope it's contained.

Snarky Snark Snark

sadie06 wrote: »
    Oh God I forgot about that! Trailer Park was ruined by 150 bad Adele cover versions over the course of the weekend…way too loud! If it's there this year I hope it's contained.

You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Show them this.

LOL, hilarious. Saw them at the Rose of Tralee festival in 94 (i think) - I was working at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Anyone got the date and details of the last announcement for the main acts from last year?

Trying to gauge what we might expect, if there's to be another main announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Trying to gauge what we might expect

Disappointment :)

I doubt there'll be anything more of note added. Overall I'm pretty happy with the lineup as it is, bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Show them this.

Good jaysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

maximoose wrote: »
    Disappointment :)

I doubt there'll be anything more of note added. Overall I'm pretty happy with the lineup as it is, bring it on!

From this very board last year:

"Jenny Lewis | Krystal Klear
    PHOX | We Cut Corners | The Minutes | Vann Music | Tvvins | Booka Brass Band | Sleep Thieves | Spies | The Academic | The Raglans | Orla Gartland | Buffalo Sunn | Daniel James | Acrobat | Wyvern Lingo

The final 17 acts to be announced according to the EP Facebook page and website!
    "

Snarky Snark Snark

Jenny Lewis had a great if somewhat truncated set

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Booka Brass Band were great last year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mark McCabe and the vengaboys are this years electric ireland gimmick.

I absolutely despise them even on a tongue in cheek, comic level. I don't have to go watch them but i'll have to endure them being the subject of conversation now.

There'll be morons calling them for them to play a main stage such will be their attraction.

Ah well there goes my hopes for Cyndi Lauper doing the Power Ballad stage, so they are swapping around the themes.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    11873410_992407947470194_5792159990118188868_n.jpg?oh=e55b0945ad5c05d710ad34864682aef0&oe=563C2A3F

The salty dog last weekend. It seems a lot smaller in an empty woods. Also they have a new long hut built to the right of it. I'm not sure what it's gonna be used for though.

Are the woods free to walk around outside of festival weekend? I had thought the whole place was private property?

Snarky Snark Snark

How long before the festival do they start the site prep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

How long before the festival do they start the site prep?

I saw a bits driving in there this morning as I was coming to work, by the start of next week it will be very busy

Snarky Snark Snark

I saw a bits driving in there this morning as I was coming to work, by the start of next week it will be very busy

cool, it's getting closer..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Are the woods free to walk around outside of festival weekend? I had thought the whole place was private property?

I usually head down (get dragged down) to the ploughing championships with work, it's about 2weeks later and literally just across the Abbeyleix road and down about 1km.
    I pulled over one time as I passed the EP site, I was so tempted to sneak in and get a look!! The normally open and welcoming entrance from car parks to wrist band exchange was closed off with large gates secured with a huge chain. A massive and very aggressively phrased sign saying something like "absolutely no admittance under any circumstances!!" Was fitted to the gates and did its job! I had a little look in but could see very little and went on my way.
    It did appear that the site was completely empty which is good going for 2weeks later!

If they take in advance volunteers for setup, are there volunteers for taking the place apart?

I got the impression EP'ers frequently enter the site and they take issue with this. So I wouldn't say it's open to the public at all! As usual probably allot to do with insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I usually head down (get dragged down) to the ploughing championships with work, it's about 2weeks later and literally just across the Abbeyleix road and down about 1km.
    I pulled over one time as I passed the EP site, I was so tempted to sneak in and get a look!! The normally open and welcoming entrance from car parks to wrist band exchange was closed off with large gates secured with a huge chain. A massive and very aggressively phrased sign saying something like "absolutely no admittance under any circumstances!!" Was fitted to the gates and did its job! I had a little look in but could see very little and went on my way.
    It did appear that the site was completely empty which is good going for 2weeks later!

If they take in advance volunteers for setup, are there volunteers for taking the place apart?

I got the impression EP'ers frequently enter the site and they take issue with this. So I wouldn't say it's open to the public at all! As usual probably allot to do with insurance.

Most folk working the pre-event will be given temporary wristbands, so there is rudimentary security checking around some of the entrances to the site. And yeah to your question about breakdown, there will be a number of volunteers working the breakdown, removing fencing and stages and the like.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

I think he's talking about the Sound Atlas

AKA hipster central

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Show them this.

4th Dimension!!! (Facepalm) :)
    Teenage me is in the middle of that rabble going mental- they were on before Moby that night (this was a pre coffee-table muzak Moby back then. He played a mental mash up of UK Breakbeat Rave, Ambient & noisy industrialism in 94/95. Started his set with the riff from 'Smells like Teen spirit' I recall) Orbital were in the crowd chatting to the punters and bouncing around with us all during it. Great fun!

The earlier Feile line ups were a bit on the naff side but the fare definitely improved by 1994 & you surely have to admit the line up for Feile 95 was pretty sweet-
    58adfb169d3710c4452319bfd800044e__20130817120203.jpg

Some dodgy (Eh eh?!) ones in there of course (Terrence Trent Darby & some of the crappier Brit pop ones. I'll give 'Indie period' Kylie a pass as she got dogs abuse from the crowd that day) but we've all seen a few dogs & pop cheese merchants at the picnic too since 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ronfee

Just following up from yesterday - got this reply from ticketmaster

Your tickets are fine as ticketfast print out option only people who were on the installement plan could only select hardcopy tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

room_149 wrote: »
    4th Dimension!!! (Facepalm) :)
    The earlier Feile line ups were a bit on the naff side but the fare definitely improved by 1994 & you surely have to admit the line up for Feile 95 was pretty sweet-
    58adfb169d3710c4452319bfd800044e__20130817120203.jpg

Some dodgy (Eh eh?!) ones in there of course (Terrence Trent Darby & some of the crappier Brit pop ones. I'll give 'Indie period' Kylie a pass as she got dogs abuse from the crowd that day) but we've all seen a few dogs & pop cheese merchants at the picnic too since 2004.

If all those were listed on the first announcement for EP 2016, it would sell out in a day.

Advertisement