Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

paulbok wrote: »
    If all those were listed on the first announcement for EP 2016, it would sell out in a day.
    The beauty of Feile 95 was having a second arena- the Dance/ Electronica tent. You flit in and out between the two when the likes of M People or Menswear came on.
    Though there was some silly scheduling- Orbital's stunning set on the Sunday clashed with Laurent Garnier I think. The recently renamed Chemical Bros (known as the Dust Brothers up until 1994 or so, Kids) were on earlier in the day.
    Feile 95 was the best festival I'd been to in Ireland until the Picnic started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

AKA hipster central
    a Heineken area with a basketball court, at a huge mainstream festival, yeah, so "hipster" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

a Heineken area with a basketball court, at a huge mainstream festival, yeah, so "hipster" :rolleyes:

More because of the crowd that it attracted than the decor.
    Aviator glasses, oversized vests and skinny purple trousers everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

No self respecting hipster would wear aviators. Clubmasters and Wayfarers are more the style. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

go to any college in the country and half the lads are wearing aviators and skinny purple trousers.
    oversized vests are more often worn by the TOWIE and Tallafornia crew, pretty much the complete opposite of hipsters.

these photos make it look like the least "hipster" thing ever:
    http://entertainment.ie/photos/Heineken-Sound-Atlas-at-Electric-Picnic-2014/5880.htm#!img=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

go to any college in the country and half the lads are wearing aviators and skinny purple trousers.
    oversized vests are more often worn by the TOWIE and Tallafornia crew, pretty much the complete opposite of hipsters.

these photos make it look like the least "hipster" thing ever:
    http://entertainment.ie/photos/Heineken-Sound-Atlas-at-Electric-Picnic-2014/5880.htm#!img=0
    Those pints look gorgeous! Not what I should be looking at at 10am!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ronfee

ronfee wrote: »
    Just following up from yesterday - got this reply from ticketmaster

Your tickets are fine as ticketfast print out option only people who were on the installement plan could only select hardcopy tickets.

Further reply from Ticketmaster just now...

We do apologise, we have just been given a further update just half hour ago that all tickets for electric picnic will be hardcopy tickets.
    You will get an email shortly with further information about your ticket being posted out.
    Sorry for any inconvience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We do apologise, we have just been given a further update just half hour ago that all tickets for electric picnic will be hardcopy tickets.
    You will get an email shortly with further information about your ticket being posted out.

Jesus, they're leaving it a bit late in the game to be pulling that sort of stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So whats the deal with people who bought printout ones second hand? I have a hard copy so don't know what the procedure is.

Do Ticketmaster send out hard copies to the original seller so then it is up to the person to contact whoever they bought the print out tickets to ask them to then send over a hard copy? Sounds a bit of a mess and hopefully I'm wrong, surely there are people who aren't aware about only hardcopy tickets being accepted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Adamocovic wrote: »
    So whats the deal with people who bought printout ones second hand? I have a hard copy so don't know what the procedure is.

Do Ticketmaster send out hard copies to the original seller so then it is up to the person to contact whoever they bought the print out tickets to ask them to then send over a hard copy? Sounds a bit of a mess and hopefully I'm wrong, surely there are people who aren't aware about only hardcopy tickets being accepted too.

Ya, you'll need to get onto the seller as Ticketmaster have no idea it's been re-sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Ya, you'll need to get onto the seller as Ticketmaster have no idea it's been re-sold.

Jaysus sounds like a bit of a mess to be honest! At least people here with print outs know now and can try sort it out rather than finding out with a few days to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Anyone know when the day to day line up will be announced?

Can't make the full weekend but tempted to make a scramble for a resale ticket for at least one of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Anyone know when the day to day line up will be announced?

Can't make the full weekend but tempted to make a scramble for a resale ticket for at least one of the days.

An earlybird weekend ticket would probably have worked out cheaper than a last minute reseller day ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Surely that is not the case. Why would they have allowed print out tickets at all in the first place?

Snarky Snark Snark

srumball wrote: »
    Surely that is not the case. Why would they have allowed print out tickets at all in the first place?

Piss poor planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Piss poor planning?

Yeah true, but this would be on a new level. The amount of printed tickets that have been re-sold already... It does not bear thinking about.

There would need to be some sort of large scale announcement to make everyone aware, otherwise you will have about 10% of the people arriving down with print out tickets they bought online and not getting in. That would be a serious issue

Snarky Snark Snark

srumball wrote: »
    Yeah true, but this would be on a new level. The amount of printed tickets that have been re-sold already... It does not bear thinking about.

There would need to be some sort of large scale announcement to make everyone aware, otherwise you will have about 10% of the people arriving down with print out tickets they bought online and not getting in. That would be a serious issue

yeah, it's pretty awful for those who are gonna get screwed and just underlines the point about never buying a print out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

yeah, it's pretty awful for those who are gonna get screwed and just underlines the point about never buying a print out.
    I have bought and sold many print out tickets, and never had a problem

Snarky Snark Snark

I have bought and sold many print out tickets, and never had a problem

Good for you, however, that's frankly just dumb good luck on your part on not being screwed and on the part of the people who bought printouts from you.

It's a field ripe for diddling people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I would never buy a printed ticket. What's stopping the person selling multiple copies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

room_149 wrote: »
    The beauty of Feile 95 was having a second arena- the Dance/ Electronica tent. You flit in and out between the two when the likes of M People or Menswear came on.
    Though there was some silly scheduling- Orbital's stunning set on the Sunday clashed with Laurent Garnier I think. The recently renamed Chemical Bros (known as the Dust Brothers up until 1994 or so, Kids) were on earlier in the day.
    Feile 95 was the best festival I'd been to in Ireland until the Picnic started.

and the great thing was orbital finished the night after the roses ...magical

Snarky Snark Snark

peteeeed wrote: »
    and the great thing was orbital finished the night after the roses ...magical

orbital... roses....

ring a ring a roses....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Good for you, however, that's frankly just dumb good luck on your part on not being screwed and on the part of the people who bought printouts from you.

It's a field ripe for diddling people.
    Its almost as easy to call TM and get them to cancel your tickets and send out new ones. Then sell on the voided tickets
    Just as ripe for fidlding

Snarky Snark Snark

Its almost as easy to call TM and get them to cancel your tickets and send out new ones. Then sell on the voided tickets
    Just as ripe for fidlding

Ah not really, you can only do that once or maybe twice before they get suspicious, where as I can print 10 copies of the ticket at once.

Both are open to abuse, printouts far more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Ah not really, you can only do that once or maybe twice before they get suspicious, where as I can print 10 copies of the ticket at once.

Both are open to abuse, printouts far more so.

I've often wondered about those printouts - is it not the case that when the printout is scanned at point of entry that another presentation of the same barcode would fail? I don't know how sophisticated their handheld scanners are or if they are linked to any central system.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭gandalfio

From EP's website

PLEASE BE AWARE WHEN BUYING TICKETS FROM SECOND HAND SOURCES

GET ME IN! are the only official ticket re-sale partner.
    Please be careful when buying tickets from unofficial sources. There are reports of fake tickets circulating online and these incidents have been reported to the appropriate authorities. All tickets for this year’s festival are hard-copy tickets; there are no print at home tickets. GET ME IN! are the only official ticket re-sale partner for the festival. GET ME IN! is Ticketmaster’s official re-sale marketplace. As such, they provide you with a secure and safe platform to buy and sell tickets to Electric Picnic 2015. With GET ME IN! you can be safe in the knowledge that your transaction is always protected by their Fan Guard Guarantee.

Please note, that you are buying Electric Picnic tickets from a third party on GET ME IN! Neither GetMeIn.com nor GET ME IN! nor Electric Picnic is the ticket seller. GET ME IN! ensures your transaction is safe and guaranteed. Electric Picnic ticket prices are set by the seller and may differ from face value. All sales are final. Buying tickets from other un-official second hand sources is at the purchasers risk and we cannot assist if the sale turns out to be fraudulent or the ticket is invalid.

Snarky Snark Snark

I've often wondered about those printouts - is it not the case that when the printout is scanned at point of entry that another presentation of the same barcode would fail? I don't know how sophisticated their handheld scanners are or if they are linked to any central system.

I'd assume they are linked, would not make sense to have units that need to be updated before each gig with all codes that cannot detect a duplicate ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Apparently the initial early bird tickets had the option of being printed and that's why there are some in circulation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Thats pretty lowsy , there are risks with buying print out tickets 2nd hand but no one factors the reissueing of hard tickets by ticketmaster themselves being one of them.

To be honest if you can't now get a hold of the person who sold it to you, there's a good chance they were trying to scam you in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

If I were to sell my tickets on GetMeIn how do I deliver, By post is it?

Advertisement