Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ruxjit wrote: »
    If I were to sell my tickets on GetMeIn how do I deliver, By post is it?

From looking at some of the ticket prices on there, i'd expect it to be delivered by golden carriage on a velvet cushion held by a bikini clad super model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Ruxjit wrote: »
    If I were to sell my tickets on GetMeIn how do I deliver, By post is it?

There is bound to be someone you know who knows someone that will find you trustworthy enough to buy the ticket off you.

Do not give it to getmein, they will sell it off a rediculous mark and keep the mark up as a service change. They are practically an authorised scam, your aswell off touting them off yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Or you know... being sound and selling them for max face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I've seen a few early bird tickets being sold off at 'regular' face value... I'm totally conflicted on that, it does kind of seem to be win win for everyone though. Seller makes a few quid and buyer doesn't feel ripped off due to not spending more than 'full price' for a sold out festival. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't have MUCH of a problem with it. I got two tickets on Adverts for friends last week for €500, and they turned out to be the €149 early bird tickets.

The way I see it, if tickets were still on sale they would be paying €500 anyway - so I don't take that much issue with it.

The vast majority of tickets I've seen for sale at €250 have been early birds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I just completed the installment plan but havnt recieved my ticket, has anyone got theres ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Yeah, mine came ages ago. Like a few days after the last payment went through in May or whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I've seen a few early bird tickets being sold off at 'regular' face value... I'm totally conflicted on that, it does kind of seem to be win win for everyone though. Seller makes a few quid and buyer doesn't feel ripped off due to not spending more than 'full price' for a sold out festival. Thoughts?

I might not be going and if I need to sell my ticket, no way I'll be letting it go for just the 155 I paid for it, in saying that I'd probably let it go for Face Value out of fairness!

Snarky Snark Snark

Your tickets face value though is 155.

Selling it at 250 or what ever the full value is and saying it's face value is just being disingenuous about it, nothing wrong with it, sellers market after all at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

bullvine wrote: »
    I might not be going and if I need to sell my ticket, no way I'll be letting it go for just the 155 I paid for it, in saying that I'd probably let it go for Face Value out of fairness!

Very confusing post. So you would or you wouldn't sell at face value i.e. €155

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

i'd say he means he would sell it for the face value of a full price ticket rather than the 300+ that some are commanding. Anyway less talk about ****ing tickets I've already got my ticket and that's all that matters :D

Snarky Snark Snark

I've already got my ticket and that's all that matters :D

LKTPmpp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Can't wait to be listening to jungle while hammering nails into the wall in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I've often wondered about those printouts - is it not the case that when the printout is scanned at point of entry that another presentation of the same barcode would fail? I don't know how sophisticated their handheld scanners are or if they are linked to any central system.

If the ticket/barcode is cancelled the scanners pick this up.
    They've been scanning tickets at the EP since 2007 or 08 at least.

If a valid barcode is duplicated it picks up the first scanned, the other duplicates won't work after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can anyone remember the guy at 2008 EP who had his ticket screen printed onto a tee shirt and the EP staff managed to scan it too I think.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If the ticket/barcode is cancelled the scanners pick this up.
    They've been scanning tickets at the EP since 2007 or 08 at least.

If a valid barcode is duplicated it picks up the first scanned, the other duplicates won't work after that.

Any body that copies a ticket multiple times to sell is a C.U.N.T of the highest order, in fact a new word worse than **** needs to be created!!
    Can you imagine, all the shopping beforehand, booking time off work, the excitement barely sleeping the night before, the buzz on the way down etc. only to be stopped at the gates and having to turn around and go home!! Nightmare! I'm not a violent person but I would have to find and kill the ******************

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

in fact a new word worse than **** needs to be created!!

I think Criminal would probably suffice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I see Heineken's Sound Atlas area is Tokyo inspired this year...

Did anyone enjoy this last year? Brooklyn wasn't it?

Have to say I didn't see the point at all. Just another bar serving the same drinks as everywhere else. I get the music theme so that's fair enough but it doesn't interest me like the areas that used to be around like Arcadia, etc.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Your tickets face value though is 155.

Selling it at 250 or what ever the full value is and saying it's face value is just being disingenuous about it, nothing wrong with it, sellers market after all at this point.

Y'know what I meant Scruff!

I see Heineken's Sound Atlas area is Tokyo inspired this year...

Did anyone enjoy this last year? Brooklyn wasn't it?

Have to say I didn't see the point at all. Just another bar serving the same drinks as everywhere else. I get the music theme so that's fair enough but it doesn't interest me like the areas that used to be around like Arcadia, etc.!

Thought it was pretty pathetic to be honest, figure out what ever they can do with some shipping containers piece something together. I think there was one 8 year old beating everyone at H.O.R.S.E that loved it but that was about it.

I think they did the same tokyo thing at longitude this year where among other lame things they got one of the noodle vendors to set up in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Any body that copies a ticket multiple times to sell is a C.U.N.T of the highest order, in fact a new word worse than **** needs to be created!!
    Can you imagine, all the shopping beforehand, booking time off work, the excitement barely sleeping the night before, the buzz on the way down etc. only to be stopped at the gates and having to turn around and go home!! Nightmare! I'm not a violent person but I would have to find and kill the ******************

what about the English scumbag who sold at least 20 fake tickets last year. loads were caught out with it. guards were on the case in a few different counties, i doubt anything happened though knowing this country. did his work through gumtree mostly.

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228435

nKsqPR7.jpg
    don't buy off this guy!

Snarky Snark Snark

20? Hadn't heard of that, that's pretty horrific.

what about the English scumbag who sold at least 20 fake tickets last year. loads were caught out with it. guards were on the case in a few different counties, i doubt anything happened though knowing this country.

We caught him knocking around on Toutless a couple months ago so he's definitely still active and up to the same tricks. Not limited to tickets either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Jesus that's 5k from 20 sheets of paper!

Snarky Snark Snark

Toast wrote: »
    We caught him knocking around on Toutless a couple months ago so he's definitely still active and up to the same tricks. Not limited to tickets either.

use of word payed makes scruff angry

a rope is payed

a debt is paid
    -=al=- wrote: »
    Jesus that's 5k from 20 sheets of paper!

yarp, take off, nuke the fuucker from orbit, only way to be sure

nah sod that, starting to think that the stocks need to be brought back. If you sell dodgy tickets to a festival and are caught, then you should be put in stocks at said festival and pelted with balls of your own sh1te for the weekend.

bonus points : you have to roll the balls of your own sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

lbj666 wrote: »
    Thought it was pretty pathetic to be honest, figure out what ever they can do with some shipping containers piece something together. I think there was one 8 year old beating everyone at H.O.R.S.E that loved it but that was about it.

I think they did the same tokyo thing at longitude this year where among other lame things they got one of the noodle vendors to set up in there.

It just seems like a waste of space really, doesn't it?

I won't be going near it anyway!

So was this guy forging tickets or Emailing pdfs of the same eticket over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

lbj666 wrote: »
    So was this guy forging tickets or Emailing pdfs of the same eticket over and over again.

I'd guess he printed multiple copies of the same ticket and sold them off to loads of people

Last time I encountered him he was meeting people, taking money, he'd then email them while with them from his phone a RARed copy of what was allegedly a PDF of the tickets and then when people tried to open the RAR it would have a password on it. Most people don't have a RAR application on their phones so wouldn't cop until they got home. I assume if they did he'd make some **** up about not having the password on him and he'd get that to them later. It was unnecessarily elaborate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

maximoose wrote: »
    Or you know... being sound and selling them for max face value.

This.

I'm not going this year so I sold my early bird ticket for what I paid for it. Would never and have never sold for anything over what I've paid.

Advertisement