Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

maximoose wrote: »
    Or you know... being sound and selling them for max face value.

I was more alluding to the fact if one has no moral issues with their ticket being sold at a massive mark up on Getinme, you may aswell tout it and keep the money your self.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Any body that copies a ticket multiple times to sell is a C.U.N.T of the highest order, in fact a new word worse than **** needs to be created!!
    Can you imagine, all the shopping beforehand, booking time off work, the excitement barely sleeping the night before, the buzz on the way down etc. only to be stopped at the gates and having to turn around and go home!! Nightmare! I'm not a violent person but I would have to find and kill the ******************

Nothing worse than seeing the poor souls outside the entrance who this has happened to. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

cson wrote: »
    Nothing worse than seeing the poor souls outside the entrance who this has happened to. :(

Last year I sold my paper tickets (at face value obviously) to some lad and brought a copy my mobile number, email address and a few other details for his piece of mind. He looked at me like I was daft. He genuinely would have happily parted with 310 quid for 2 A4 sheets of paper with no guarantee he'd get in on them. I'm not surprised there are people crying at the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

cson wrote: »

Mixed feelings about this, on the one hand some one has managed to scam others and the success just encourages them. This is bad.

On the other, seriously, they've had since september 2014 to get a ticket, 8 months availability before it sold out and if you're dumb enough to fall for "here's a rar, i don't have the password" or "here's a printout, it's kosher man!", ffs are these people twelve?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Toast wrote: »
    Last time I encountered him he was meeting people, taking money, he'd then email them while with them from his phone a RARed copy of what was allegedly a PDF of the tickets and then when people tried to open the RAR it would have a password on it. Most people don't have a RAR application on their phones so wouldn't cop until they got home. I assume if they did he'd make some **** up about not having the password on him and he'd get that to them later. It was unnecessarily elaborate.

People who fall for this should be used to getting screwed over. Life is going to be tough for anyone who is that dumb.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

King Kong Company, The Riptide Movement, Mad Dog McCrea and more set for The Salty Dog
    To the fortunate festival goer, this magnificent woodland colour-bomb of ship-and-sail—resplendent in nauticalia and lobster pots (pawn shop), porter barrels, glittering buoys, a tangle of fish nets and bustling portside low-life, and a stage that cannot but make you smile at its incongruous lunacy—is back again for more. This long-retired 40-tonne French trawler offers up her deck as a stage for raspy minstrels, and her torn sails as shelter for deluded revellers who spend all three days trying to get into the main arena will see the following acts grace the stage;

King Kong Company - The Riptide Movement - Mad Dog McCrea
    R.S.A.G and Special Guests - Interskalactic - Opera Theatre Company
    Charity Shop Mannequins - Buffalo Sunn - Tucan
    Aidan Kavanagh's Bollywood Set - Beached Whales - Jawbone Folk
    Seskin Lane - Columbia Mills - The Trinitones
    ​Stomptown Brass - The New Breadwinners - Gangs
    The Urges - The Mighty Stef - Oliver Cole
    The River Fane - The Great Simones - Salty Dog All-Stars
    Old Hannah - The Darling Buds - Beatbox Ireland
    Will Softly - Mal Webb
    Plus three top secret gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

So i was just on Ticketmaster getting tickets for another gig and it had a list of artists with upcoming gigs. Clicked on Sigur Ros and this showed up!

EDIT: Seems to be listing the 2012 lineup for some strange reason.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So i was just on Ticketmaster getting tickets for another gig and it had a list of artists with upcoming gigs. Clicked on Sigur Ros and this showed up!

It also says the Cure are playing EP , must be a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Its linking to the 2012 line up

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

Family camping tickets.

I'm looking to swap two tickets for family camping field 2 for family camping field 1. We didn't get ours in time and our friends are all in field 1.

Straight swap. Will travel to pick up tickets. hard copy only.

Anyone interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

does this mean will softly's function 1 will be at the salty dog?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

It also says the Cure are playing EP , must be a mistake

Maybe they are 1 of the top secret acts on the Salty Dog stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

lbj666 wrote: »
    I was more alluding to the fact if one has no moral issues with their ticket being sold at a massive mark up on Getinme, you may aswell tout it and keep the money your self.

:L getinme!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Mixed feelings about this, on the one hand some one has managed to scam others and the success just encourages them. This is bad.

On the other, seriously, they've had since september 2014 to get a ticket, 8 months availability before it sold out and if you're dumb enough to fall for "here's a rar, i don't have the password" or "here's a printout, it's kosher man!", ffs are these people twelve?

I agree with you that its absolute stupidity to let it sell out, but sometimes circumstances dictate. Up until it sold out I was pretty stuck for cash/ stupidily thought it wouldnt so early.

It baffles me that there is no "legal" way of swapping tickets through ticketmaster. They have this option in the US so it's simply them scamming us idiots in Ireland in the UK who stand for it.

I'm now in quite a quandry, I seriously want to go but my anxiety once I buy tickets from someone online will hit the roof. (i'll obviously be asking for ID and sleuting them on social media).

I find the whole selling for a massive markup horribly depressing. A good friend of mine was selling hers last week, I was so happy until she told me she was looking for €370. What is wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭gandalfio

dublinjen wrote: »
    I agree with you that its absolute stupidity to let it sell out, but sometimes circumstances dictate. Up until it sold out I was pretty stuck for cash/ stupidily thought it wouldnt so early.

It baffles me that there is no "legal" way of swapping tickets through ticketmaster. They have this option in the US so it's simply them scamming us idiots in Ireland in the UK who stand for it.

I'm now in quite a quandry, I seriously want to go but my anxiety once I buy tickets from someone online will hit the roof. (i'll obviously be asking for ID and sleuting them on social media).

I find the whole selling for a massive markup horribly depressing. A good friend of mine was selling hers last week, I was so happy until she told me she was looking for €370. What is wrong with people?

Maybe not such a good friend if they're trying to rip you off. I've seen plenty of hardcopy tickets for sale on line for face value or less. Stay away from getmein

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

gandalfio wrote: »
    Maybe not such a good friend if they're trying to rip you off. I've seen plenty of hardcopy tickets for sale on line for face value or less. Stay away from getmein

Much younger than me and I really wasnt in the mood to be the prechy older person telling them to cop on.

Yeah I've just read an awful lot of horror stories about people arriving to the gate and finding that the seller cancelled the tickets (told ticketmaster they were lost) and got them replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Johnnymac706

Hi guys,

I can't find anything on the website on buying cans, I remember that you cloud order and collect once down there. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Hi guys,

I can't find anything on the website on buying cans, I remember that you cloud order and collect once down there. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

its a rip off price buying cans on site...far cheaper buying them from your local supermarket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hi guys,

i think they usually don't put up anything until about a week or 2 before EP, so probably another couple of weeks until they put up info and start taking orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Just checked there and the day-by-day breakdown came out on the 12th Aug in 2013. Any chance we'll get it this week.

In fairness, they have been excellent with the almost daily announcements this year. Really whetting the appetite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

rebelreded wrote: »
    Just checked there and the day-by-day breakdown came out on the 12th Aug in 2013. Any chance we'll get it this week.

In fairness, they have been excellent with the almost daily announcements this year. Really whetting the appetite.

Pretty sure it was only realised the weekend before last year or even a few days beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Cheap Trick apparently self confirmed, I wonder if that Madness gig supposedly on the 5th Sept will be confirmed.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Pretty sure it was only realised the weekend before last year or even a few days beforehand.
    Yeah, it was just days beforehand.

...are Cheap Trick not 80's 'c**k rock'?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The extent of my knowledge of Cheap Trick:

Great song :pac:

Snarky Snark Snark

Cheap Trick apparently self confirmed, I wonder if that Madness gig supposedly on the 5th Sept will be confirmed.

Cheap Trick, holy ****!

Anyone who watched the Foos tv series would have seen the guitarist in the first episode, he played on the track at the end of that show also.

Snarky Snark Snark

mgkelly wrote: »
    Yeah, it was just days beforehand.

...are Cheap Trick not 80's 'c**k rock'?!!

No, they had a bout of that like a lot of bands in the era did, but no, no they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Is this true? Holy bleep cannot handle the awesome

Snarky Snark Snark

Right, gonna assume this is bollocks, unless their official website is carrying last years tour dates, there's no way they could be here sandwiched between two dates in Wisconsin and buttfunk nowhere Idaho

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Right, gonna assume this is bollocks, unless their official website is carrying last years tour dates, there's no way they could be here sandwiched between two dates in Wisconsin and buttfunk nowhere Idaho

just saw those dates alright must be darn lies ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,760 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

EP triple play this morning on TXFM - 3 weeks to go :D

Advertisement