Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pretty sure it was only realised the weekend before last year or even a few days beforehand.
    that was the times that were out a few days beforehand.
    the day breakdowns are usually out well before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

that was the times that were out a few days beforehand.
    the day breakdowns are usually out well before then.

yes - the day breakdown should definitely be out around now if not usually before. It's the timetable which only comes the week of the fest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Cheap Trick apparently self confirmed, I wonder if that Madness gig supposedly on the 5th Sept will be confirmed.

Where did you hear this? According to their website they have tour dates in the US on the 4th & 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Shenanigans, shenanigans I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ronfee

Here is the latest reply from TM:-

Just a heads-up…

Nice job on getting tickets to Electric Picnic you are now officially a Picnicker woohoo.

We just wanted to let you know that we’ve had to change the tickets for Ticketfast to hard copy tickets. But that's good because you get a nice shiny hologram to look at on your way to Stradbally.

Just sit back and relax, we will do all the work.

We will be sending out the new tickets in the post next Wednesday 19th August. This will give you enough time to re-read this email and make sure we have your address right.

If it turns out you have moved, relocated or changed dwellings since booking your tickets just give us a call. We will change it for you. The number you can speak to our friendly and possibly jealous Customer Service Team on 0818903001 option 5.

So in case you need to call our friendly staff your order number is ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That's a nightmare for anyone who purchased printouts second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »
    That's a nightmare for anyone who purchased printouts second hand

Yes. Yes it is, I don't have a fakebuke account but I have no doubt that the crying and screaming on there is going to be only mighty.

Ticketbastard will rightly point out that it's not their problem.

Don't buy printouts people!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

ronfee wrote: »
    Here is the latest reply from TM:-

Just a heads-up…

Nice job on getting tickets to Electric Picnic you are now officially a Picnicker woohoo.

We just wanted to let you know that we’ve had to change the tickets for Ticketfast to hard copy tickets. But that's good because you get a nice shiny hologram to look at on your way to Stradbally.

Just sit back and relax, we will do all the work.

We will be sending out the new tickets in the post next Wednesday 19th August. This will give you enough time to re-read this email and make sure we have your address right.

If it turns out you have moved, relocated or changed dwellings since booking your tickets just give us a call. We will change it for you. The number you can speak to our friendly and possibly jealous Customer Service Team on 0818903001 option 5.

So in case you need to call our friendly staff your order number is ....

Whats worse is there might be a lot of people who don't find this out and end up going with the second hand printed ticket!

Tell everyone you know and hopefully word spreads. I only heard from here and briefly saw something before. Surely there needs to be a bigger announcement.

(if there has been I'm sorry i havent noticed it)

Snarky Snark Snark

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Whats worse is there might be a lot of people who don't find this out and end up going with the second hand printed ticket!

Tell everyone you know and hopefully word spreads. I only heard from here and briefly saw something before. Surely there needs to be a bigger announcement.

(if there has been I'm sorry i havent noticed it)

Here's the thing, they don't have too, they have their own secondary ticket market, anything beyond that is not their problem.

If you bought a print out ticket from someone, how is that their issue?

caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

No, they had a bout of that like a lot of bands in the era did, but no, no they are not.
    .....oops! Didn't mean to be disparaging!
    I just vaguely remember them. Have visions of big hair & flouncy shirts, tight leather trousers/jeans. Big guitar riffs. But then, that doesn't really differentiate the 80's.
    Looks like their attendance is a false alarm, anyhow!

Martin;) :)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Didn't think you were being disparaging, most children will never have heard of them :-)

Have tickets for the Def Leppard/Whitesnake combo in December.

Now that, that is what I call cöck rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

I dont think EP have event posted a notice to let people know about the ticket situation, have they??

Newest announcement from EP this morning
    "Illusionist and mentalist Shane Gillen will be bringing a touch of magic to this year's festival with his brand new tent the Magic Mush Room, offering Picnickers a new immersive festival experience through the art of magic. Find out more po.st/ShaneGillen"

This could be pretty cool especially given the already compromised state of some Picnickers. Throw a mentalist into the mix and it could make for some quality viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bangthebodhran

Sorry about the Cheap Trick thing it turns out that a mate was winding me up on Facebook, I posted one of their classic videos 'I want you to Want me' on my timeline and he commented they were play EP, so like an eejit I posted on Gigs and Events without checking the sources myself, so apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

deeceemee wrote: »
    I dont think EP have event posted a notice to let people know about the ticket situation, have they??

Why would they? They have an approved reseller site. Its gonna be a massive sihtstorm unless the guy/gal you bought off is decent and sends you the real tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

4-man dome tents are down to €5 in Halfords.

1500mm Hydrostatic Rating according to the video.

maximoose wrote: »
    4-man dome tents are down to €5 in Halfords.

1500mm Hydrostatic Rating according to the video.

Says €18 on the site?

BbIZl6E.png

Still saying fiver for me?

Could well be a mistake. Only came across it as I got curious when I saw two brand new ones for sale on adverts, which makes me think it's not!

That's weird. You might be getting a cached page on your computer. Press shift + F5

423A2QS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

BbIZl6E.png

Still saying fiver for me?

I got curious when I saw two brand new ones for sale on adverts, makes me think it's not a mistake

Its a very basic tent - still fiver is a great price!

Synode wrote: »
    That's weird. You might be getting a cached page on your computer. Press shift + F5

Still a fiver! I have my tent sorted already but I've reserved one at that price that I'm collecting tonight (have other stuff to get in Halfords anyway) - I'll see how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Get a double layered tent.
    With a single layered tent, any bit of rain will cause a hell of a lot of moisture to build up on the inside layer of your tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Get a double layered tent.
    With a single layered tent, any bit of rain will cause a hell of a lot of moisture to build up on the inside layer of your tent.

Yeah even if the hydrostatic head is 1500mm you'll still get condensation but for a 5er you can't go wrong really can you

BTW it's €18 for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Paddy2012

Its single skinned so I wouldn't recommend anyone to take it to EP as any rain (which is likely) and you'd be soaked but for only 5 euro it'll probably be great for your kids to play in the back yard.

Snarky Snark Snark

It's a fiver!

Buy two and setup one inside the other, hey presto, double skinned tent!

That's one way to deal with it :pac:

Halfords just rang me and all to confirm the reservation, thought they were gonna tell me it was an error but nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

That's one way to deal with it :pac:

Halfords just rang me and all to confirm the reservation, thought they were gonna tell me it was an error but nope.

I tried to reserve a Tresspass jacket a couple of weeks back, originally €78 put down to €17 so I tried to snap it up, got a call and said they don't stock that item? Odd that they have it on the website as available

Good luck with the tent anyway, hopefully it's a dry one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Jesus, that tent is just depressing. Guarantee there'll be plenty of sad looking people standing around the remains come Sat morning.

I may be a snob because I've been a scout/leader for most of my life but it's frankly irresponsible to be selling ****e like that during festival season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭scruffmonkey

Jesus, that tent is just depressing. Guarantee there'll be plenty of sad looking people standing around the remains come Sat morning.

I may be a snob because I've been a scout/leader for most of my life but it's frankly irresponsible to be selling ****e like that during festival season.

It's probably terrible but what else would people expect for a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Sorry about the Cheap Trick thing it turns out that a mate was winding me up on Facebook, I posted one of their classic videos 'I want you to Want me' on my timeline and he commented they were play EP, so like an eejit I posted on Gigs and Events without checking the sources myself, so apologies.

Ah well. Are there even any more acts to be added to the main line-up at this stage? or is it Trailer Park and Other Voices the only left to announce anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

It's probably terrible but what else would people expect for a fiver

You'd be surprised!

I used to do that charity tent pitching service at EP and Oxegen, the number of people who just brought the inner part of a double skin tent to 'save space' not realising it would be as waterproof as wet tissue would astound you. We made a killing (for charity) collecting abandoned half decent tents at one festival and flogging them to stuck punters at the next!

Advertisement