Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

IS anyone yet to receive their tickets, campervan tickets in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Simona1986 wrote: »

Haven't got mine yet. Paid the final instalment a couple of weeks ago and says my order is being processed on Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Anyone had an informed guess as to what night J Hopkins is playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

They shouldn't even allow sell single skinned tents any extended bit of rain and you will be drenched. If you are gonna buy that tent get two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

shows as a fiver for me too. handy if it was to be completely dry and warm, or for kids to camp in the garden or something...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

shows as a fiver for me too. handy if it was to be completely dry and warm, or for kids to camp in the garden or something...

It's after changing to €5 for me now too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

singleskinned-tent-theres.jpg

Still €18 for me...can't post a screenshot for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Was just reading the last few posts and had a quick look at Halfords. Got the tent for a fiver too. If its as sh!te as people say then I wont be too annoyed about it.

Only thing is, I cant stand being cold! Will it be freezing in that thing!? I was planning on bringing a duvet with me anyway but just want to be prepared..

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Didn't think you were being disparaging, most children will never have heard of them :-)

Have tickets for the Def Leppard/Whitesnake combo in December.

Now that, that is what I call cöck rock!

Actually quite like Whitesnake!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Only thing is, I cant stand being cold! Will it be freezing in that thing!? I was planning on bringing a duvet with me anyway but just want to be prepared..

Sod duvet, good quality sleeping bag

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Bought one last weekend and put it up in Strandhill Sligo beside the caravan. It seemed to withstand the rain and wind there without much issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Picked up two of them just now for a tenner, friend is gonna trust them!

There's actually some decent discounts on, got this tent for €50 while I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Wooderson

This ticketfast snafu is so avoidable. A search shows this crap has been going since 2009 with late decisions to send out hardcopy tickets. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Getting a few tickets is looking impossible at this point. Have heard from a few people that you can get in on the Sunday without the ticket with people leaving for work on the Sunday. Anyone ever tried this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Halfords also sell cans of tent waterproofing silicon spray for a tenner i think. would only need 1 can to do the whole tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Getting a few tickets is looking impossible at this point. Have heard from a few people that you can get in on the Sunday without the ticket with people leaving for work on the Sunday. Anyone ever tried this?

If you can get a weekend band from someone, it might be worthwhile as there will be stuff on in Body & Soul and other areas in the woods but most of the main arena stuff will be finishing off at midnight, all the other stuff goes onto 4 am. If its a day band there might be checks going to the later areas and the day ticket normally means you have to leave the main arena at midnight as I've heard of day ticketers getting knocked back from the Salty Dog stage and possibly other areas.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shellyoconnor

Does anyone know what's the best thing to do if you know for a fact your EP ticket was delivered in the post and you can't for the life remember where you put it?
    Do you ring up ticketmaster and claim innocence and say it was never received or and say it was misplaced and can it be re-issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Does anyone know what's the best thing to do if you know for a fact your EP ticket was delivered in the post and you can't for the life remember where you put it?
    Do you ring up ticketmaster and claim innocence and say it was never received or and say it was misplaced and can it be re-issued?

I'd go for misplaced, the old one will have to be cancelled either way so why bother fibbing?

It's not like you'd be the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I had a mate who used a discounted tent similar to the halford one for 3 or 4 festivals without issue! It was €4 from Home store and more.

A decent sleeping bag and snuggie does the trick for me to deal with the cold. You can use the snuggie as a sheet or to layer the sleeping bag or as an actual snuggie. They're super soft and light.

I bring a pillow case and shove some clothes in it to use as a pillow. Saves some space and less stuff to carry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Simona1986 wrote: »

No sign of my campervan ticket either

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

Campervan tickets are only issued in the last 1-2 weeks before the festival so I wouldn't worry just yet!

On a related note, if anyone has a spare one I'm in the market for one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Lads, if you've got a decent tent there's no worry about the cold! I have a lightweight 2 season bag and I sleep in that in my boxers at every festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

There will be people leaving from sunday morning on, for what ever reason , work, fed up , sick, row with the BF, not interested in the rest of the acts or the weather s. You'll have to blag the wristband of them , some might look for cash some might not.

You will see people coming home as early as saturday and putting the wristband for sale on toutless and adverts.

I don't think you get wiggle your way in at anystage without a wristband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

lbj666 wrote: »
    There will be people leaving from sunday morning on, for what ever reason , work, fed up , sick, row with the BF, not interested in the rest of the acts or the weather s. You'll have to blag the wristband of them , some might look for cash some might not.

Agreed. Happened at every festival I've ever been to

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah one thing I took from EP 13 is that it gets fecking baltic at night there.

-=al=- wrote: »
    I bring a pillow case and shove some clothes in it to use as a pillow. Saves some space and less stuff to carry

Got a camping pillow in Dealz for €1.50, blew it up and it's perfect for the price and practically folds down into nothing, will wrap something over it for a bit more comfort

Ticket arrived this morning. Wooooooo sh*ts getting real! :D

That 5er tent is now only available in Dundalk, Waterford ad Tralee apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

I see the cereal cafe will be there this year. That'll be grand for the hangover. And the munchies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I see the cereal cafe will be there this year. That'll be grand for the hangover. And the munchies

Yuck. Smell of soggy cereal when I've a hangover! :(

Advertisement