Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

lots of stuff on next two weekends so this weekend I shall be doing an equipment manifest and check, airing out the sleeping bag, examine sleeping mat for holes. my gusset is starting to froth...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I see the cereal cafe will be there this year. That'll be grand for the hangover. And the munchies

Question is are they going to sell bowls for around €4-€5 like they do in London. Althoughits getting there, things are no way near shoreditch levels of b*ll**** here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

probably a bit more considering it's festival prices, i would probably pay €5 for this when i'm in the horrors on sunday morning though!

the lion king £4
    lion cereal/coco caramel shreddies/mars mix/caramel milk

more down the bottom here:
    http://www.cerealkillercafe.co.uk/menus

Snarky Snark Snark

the lion king £4
    [/URL]

Think i'll stick to a full irish in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

probably a bit more considering it's festival prices, i would probably pay €5 for this when i'm in the horrors on sunday morning though!

the lion king £4

I want to hate the cereal cafe but I just cannot disagree with that logic. I'll probably be in the line behind you downing some paracetamol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Think i'll stick to a full irish in the mornings

Does someone do a full Irish down there?

Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »

There was a cafe in the pink moon site last year which did a full irish for a tenner.

probably not the answer you were looking for...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

this day 3 weeks :D. still need to buy a tent that will give me hydrostatic head

Snarky Snark Snark

this day 3 weeks :D. still need to buy a tent that will give me hydrostatic head

oooh errr Missus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Plenty of places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Reserved that 4-man one from Halfords for 50 quid...HH of 3000mm, lovely job!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

in the wood cabin near the Pink Moon route they do full Irish, I had it there one year and it wasn't great to be honest.

Reserved that 4-man one from Halfords for 50 quid...HH of 3000mm, lovely job!

might just go for that one too. might be a bit big for just me. would be cool to have a tiny little single person one though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

There's 10% off all items reserved before 2pm as well apparently.

I'm very happy with that 4 man tunnel tent!

i can see some funny incidents as people stagger back to their tents at 5 am only to realise there's about 30 identical tents in front of them :D

while looking for a nice hip flask for the picnic, I came across this little gem, hilarious really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

while looking for a nice hip flask for the picnic, I came across this little gem, hilarious really.

Id nearly buy one for the craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Hah! Genius

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Id nearly buy one for the craic!

I'm going to go with an 8Oz traditional hip flask, fits a bit more than the 'camera' and should be grand for sneaking in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is there a day by day breakdown yet for the line up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I have this! It's grand- holds about 140ml. I actually brought it to EP last year and DROPPED it at security- guy picks it up and hands it to me and I get through. It's pure plastic but so many people get fooled :pac:

hold a can in each hand when you're going through security, they never search your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

hold a can in each hand when you're going through security, they never search your hands

That's worked for me and my mates a few times. Once when we had a flaggon of cider.
    Narrow cone of vision maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Theres another version in the format of binoculars, last year one bloke went through security, with a jumbo pair of binoculars round his neck, millitary style and then unscrewed each "lens" and was knocking back the vodka, brilliant!!!!

Snarky Snark Snark

Surprised there's no colostomy bag version with a stick on "input" hole. You'd only be able to put larger or cider in it but hey...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

This while sneaking things in , Ive never had problems , tis piss easy to bring in booze with you , all you need is a bit of cop on ! Im bring a camelbak with me this year for all my captain morgan goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

This while sneaking things in , Ive never had problems , tis piss easy to bring in booze with you , all you need is a bit of cop on ! Im bring a camelbak with me this year for all my captain morgan goodness!

Mate and his girlfriend had two camelbak's emptied on him coming from the campsite last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

I went in and out from campsite to arena last year with plastic water bottle (of the fitness/exercise variety) with various concoctions mixed in it. I was rarely picked up and only once was I asked , when I had already well passed the check point , to empty it. I was already in , so I said no! and kept walking....they weren't that bothered :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

Belfunk wrote: »
    Mate and his girlfriend had two camelbak's emptied on him coming from the campsite last year.

Only trying the camelbak for the first time this year

Christ if they stopped me and told me to empty id turn back and leave it in my tent , im not wasting my precious precious booze

• Advertisement

Only trying the camelbak for the first time this year

Christ if they stopped me and told me to empty id turn back and leave it in my tent , im not wasting my precious precious booze

exactly, they can't force you to empty it if you are not inside the arena, however you can either polish it off at the security area (not a good idea if it's a load of spirits) or just drop it back to the tent for a future attempt at sneaking it in.

Advertisement