Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

doughan wrote: »
    "Hi

I'm not to sure how many do you need? I'll have to have ticketprince.co.uk create an event bundle so you can purchase from them on Eventbright as it's the only way they sell tickets for some reason, I think it's all promotion based free tickets they get. You can use my voucher code to purchase on Eventbright and pay me once you have purchased? Does this suit?

I get on really well with them now after a few sales so can hook you up."

Got that message from a lad about tickets in my opinion it sounds dodgy but has anyone else even heard of them other websites /do you think it is legit?

Sounds dodgy af

• Registered Users Posts: 9 doughan

EaSwe wrote: »
    Sounds dodgy af

Yeah just got asked to transfer money to some account in the UK ....... Chancers, but I'm sure they will catch a few out unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dublingaa

Hi

Could anyone fill me in on this?? I have a camping ticket for EP with a few friends, we got a 5 man tent, we have a group of friends staying in campervans , so the Question is could we put our tent up beside their campervan?? I know it says no tents in the campervan site but Ive heard people say theyve seen tents up in the past……..
    Anyone have any idea on this??? just means we can give them our tent to put up on the Thursday and when we arrive the friday we dont have to drag it around looking for a spot???

:D:D:confused:confused::D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love to see these added , I know they played Longitude but with no Irish Date on their tour and are playing a festival in the UK on the thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

dublingaa wrote: »
    Hi

Could anyone fill me in on this?? I have a camping ticket for EP with a few friends, we got a 5 man tent, we have a group of friends staying in campervans , so the Question is could we put our tent up beside their campervan?? I know it says no tents in the campervan site but Ive heard people say theyve seen tents up in the past……..
    Anyone have any idea on this??? just means we can give them our tent to put up on the Thursday and when we arrive the friday we dont have to drag it around looking for a spot???

Pretty sure that's a no no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Hi

Id say you have more change of getting into a nuns knickers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Hi

I have seen 2 man tents in the camper van site before, but they're usually told to take them down. It's a health and safety issue.
    You'd have no chance with a 5 man tent.
    There is a camping site at the bottom of the camper van field though which is probably less than 5 mins walk to anywhere in the campervan site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Hi

If you can get your hands on an awning or a driveaway awning (cheaper) you could pitch the tent up inside that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone got a long range weather forcast?
    I'm praying for good weather even though I dont believe in the big eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Lads,

Am so forgetful (and plain stupid at times!) I was wondering could we do a bit of a check list for packing??

Up to my eyes for the next two weekends so am trying to get as organised as possible over the next few days. Am worried I'm leaving out something very obvious (or not so obvious maybe - the necessities deemed by the pros from experience ;))

Tent came today - I'm going to do a test run on pitching it tomorrow.
    I've 2 sleeping bags.
    A folding camping chair
    2 lED lanterns
    An air mattress
    Pump for the air mattress
    Those charging cases for iPhone for back up batteries
    Wellies
    Clothes (doh!)
    Four bottles of antibacterial gel
    **** loads of baby wipes

Can anyone add anything please?

Ear plugs

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Leinster

That's about as good as it gets, pretty much anything else is trying to decipher chicken entrails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Anybody know where to get a ticket for the weekend, that's genuine. Don't want to go through a reseller because that is just way too expensive. Or if anybody here has one to sell or knows someone who does.

Snarky Snark Snark

9bred4 wrote: »
    Anybody know where to get a ticket for the weekend, that's genuine. Don't want to go through a reseller because that is just way too expensive. Or if anybody here has one to sell or knows someone who does.

Hello and welcome to the last three months in this thread.

Toutless is best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've got 3 in the last few weeks off adverts.ie - all €250 each.

Set up email alerts and be fast off the mark when one comes up, report the tout ads (they'll be taken down), and have patience. You'll get one.

Toutless is another option - do the same and set up email alerts, post a notice in the thread that you are looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Yeah as moose and scruff said, check toutless or adverts for them but you need to seriously be quick. Any that are going at face value will be snapped up with tonnes of buyers in line, g'luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I checked accuwea there just now, showing no rain the weekend of and week after the picnic with highs of 21 so here's hoping😎

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sadly you really can't trust anything this far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

declanleo wrote: »
    I checked accuwea there just now, showing no rain the weekend of and week after the picnic with highs of 21 so here's hoping😎

Any chance you have the lottery numbers handy too? :D

Snarky Snark Snark

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42

Wow great minds think alike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Hi

Stayed in the campervan site last year, arrived at about 1am Thursday night, then pitched a 2 man tent beside our caravan Fri morning for a mate arriving Fri night. None of the stewards had any issue with it. When we parked they told us to leave a space for an awning and we just put the tent there. Saw plenty of other tents around the place aswell, the general excuse people were using was that the tent is for 'storage'. That was last year anyway....Joplin campsite was right beside campervan site anyway if there is a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

MT Cranium of 'most thanked poster ever' fame from the weather forum ormally throws up an Electric Picnic forecast, I see he's away until the 25th August so I'd say that's a good bet of when we can a decent indication.

He has been speculating that there was a potential Indian Summer in early September though so here's hoping. As long as it doesn't piss down I'm fairly happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Thanks lads, will keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Easy Rod wrote: »
    MT Cranium of 'most thanked poster ever' fame

Is there such a thing? Where do I find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Easy Rod wrote: »
    MT Cranium of 'most thanked poster ever' fame from the weather forum ormally throws up an Electric Picnic forecast, I see he's away until the 25th August so I'd say that's a good bet of when we can a decent indication.

He has been speculating that there was a potential Indian Summer in early September though so here's hoping. As long as it doesn't piss down I'm fairly happy.

I'd say you would get away with a 2 man tent but possibly not a 5 man tent as they other poster was suggesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Synode wrote: »
    Is there such a thing? Where do I find it?

I'm not sure if there's a way to check but if you look at that forum, he posts a forecast virtually every day for the past 6 years and gets about 40 thanks every post! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Anyone get their Campervan ticket yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

It will definitely rain at some stage! It always does! ( Lotto numbers: 8,9,12,11, 12, 13 :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Sheog wrote: »
    It will definitely rain at some stage! It always does! ( Lotto numbers: 8,9,12,11, 12, 13 :D)

while I'm not sure about those lotto numbers I will agree with you on the rain, it will definitely rain at some time but I've been on occasions when a bit of rain was grand while the majority was glorious sunshine.

However I remember one year, 2012 perhaps and it was really nice all weekend until Sunday night and by god there was some storm...gang of us sitting in the tent once the music has stopped wondering would the tent hold...it did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

while I'm not sure about those lotto numbers I will agree with you on the rain, it will definitely rain at some time but I've been on occasions when a bit of rain was grand while the majority was glorious sunshine.

However I remember one year, 2012 perhaps and it was really nice all weekend until Sunday night and by god there was some storm...gang of us sitting in the tent once the music has stopped wondering would the tent hold...it did.

2010 I would place that, Massive Attack closed the main stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement