Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

2010 was wild on the Sunday night. Was nice and cozy in the caravan, woke up and the awning was gone. Eventually found it on the other side of the campsite in tatters

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭gandalfio

BananaR wrote: »
    I'd say you would get away with a 2 man tent but possibly not a 5 man tent as they other poster was suggesting

I was in a camper last year we had 2 three man tents pitched beside us for the weekend and no problems whatsoever from security.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Got a lift with this guy back from the Fleadh in Sligo, Tommy Hayes, one of my bodhran heroes who was and I think still is the rhythm king for the group Stocktons Wing. It turns out he is playing a gig with Ian Leslie on the Body & Soul main stage on Sunday Afternoon. The group is called Hayes and Leslie and really worth checking out, interesting soundscapes and jazz experimentation with a bit of traditional too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Got a lift with this guy back from the Fleadh in Sligo, Tommy Hayes, one of my bodhran heroes who was and I think still is the rhythm king for the group Stocktons Wing. It turns out he is playing a gig with Ian Leslie on the Body & Soul main stage on Sunday Afternoon. The group is called Hayes and Leslie and really worth checking out, interesting soundscapes and jazz experimentation with a bit of traditional too.

Yeah, gave them a listen. Might well be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

dublingaa wrote: »
    Hi

Could anyone fill me in on this?? I have a camping ticket for EP with a few friends, we got a 5 man tent, we have a group of friends staying in campervans , so the Question is could we put our tent up beside their campervan?? I know it says no tents in the campervan site but Ive heard people say theyve seen tents up in the past……..
    Anyone have any idea on this??? just means we can give them our tent to put up on the Thursday and when we arrive the friday we dont have to drag it around looking for a spot???

:D:D:confused:confused::D

We usually put up a small pop-up tent in campervan area for storing stuff and its never a hassle. A five man is a different matter though. A campervan beside us did it last year and it was gone on the Saturday. I didn't ask what had happened as they weren't a very friendly bunch.

Like someone else said .. pitch up in Joplin and you will be close by the campervan area (if that is what you want), but you are still a long way form the main arena, which is the only disadvantage of the campervan field.

• Advertisement

Well the Oxjam stage have released their day to day breakdown and the time table too, I'm delighted that a good Galway friend Miriam Donahue is playing on Saturday afternoon in the schedule. :)

11850482_10153631856144411_7898576244947986047_o-1.jpg?w=931&h=659&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Well the Oxjam stage have released their day to day breakdown and the time table too, I'm delighted that a good Galway friend Miriam Donahue is playing on Saturday afternoon in the schedule. :)

11850482_10153631856144411_7898576244947986047_o-1.jpg?w=931&h=659&crop=1

4am and 3am close , interesting - don't remember this stage from last year

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Anyone know if bars are open late again this year? 01.00 am?

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

2010 was wild on the Sunday night. Was nice and cozy in the caravan, woke up and the awning was gone. Eventually found it on the other side of the campsite in tatters

That was the year Massive Attack closed the Sunday night ?

The weather was crazy, it added something to their performance though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Picked this up in Tesco Naas over the weekend, holds 50KG and seems sturdy enough for a fiver.

7b7ee8.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Are they little plasticy wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

holds 50KG and seems sturdy enough for a fiver.

Say that again , when you're dragging it through a ploughed field!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I am 100% positive this will just about survive the journey from car to campsite loaded with 2 slabs and assorted accoutrements. That's all I require from it, it'll probably be binned once I reach the site!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah at a fiver it's tempting, as long as it isn't too mucky going in (which it normally isn't on the fri morning) it should do fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Bought one of those the first year I went, did not make same mistake the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Can anyone remember did they leave the day by day lineup this late last year, don't think they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

lbj666 wrote: »
    Can anyone remember did they leave the day by day lineup this late last year, don't think they did.

I think they released it two weeks beforehand? Feels late because the festival is a week later this year. Hopefully we'll get it this week at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 11 musikaaaaaa

Looking for some help. We have family camping tickets but our child is no longer coming with us. Obviously we are not allowed into family camping anymore but would we be able to camp in the normal campsite? We are usually in the camper van site so sorry if this question has already been asked.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

lbj666 wrote: »

While Im open to correction on this, if I recall the day by day breakdown was released at the same time as the timetable last year, which was just a few days before.

The only reason this is in my head is because I can remember the surprise from almost everyone I spoke to that Beck and Outkast were on the same night when we had expected them to have a night each.

But, like I said, I might be remembering that wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Anyone gotten the train before? I see 17.99€ as a price for the cheapest ticket on the Friday - do they ever do deals, like they do on GAA weekends (tickets from Dublin - Thurles went from 17.99 down to 13.99 on the weekend of the quarter-finals), or is that the cheapest I will get a ticket for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anyone gotten the train before? I see 17.99€ as a price for the cheapest ticket on the Friday - do they ever do deals, like they do on GAA weekends (tickets from Dublin - Thurles went from 17.99 down to 13.99 on the weekend of the quarter-finals), or is that the cheapest I will get a ticket for?

€17.99 is cheap for the train, I'd get on it if that's an option.

I got the train about 3/4 years ago and I just remember it being absolutely jammers due to some GAA match on the Sunday so everyone in the country was going Dublin to Cork that Monday. Not what you need to handle the post-Picnic hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

day breakdown was August 13th in 2013 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

threein99 wrote: »
    That was the year Massive Attack closed the Sunday night ?

The weather was crazy, it added something to their performance though

Probably the best set i've ever seen down there, rain bucketing down and the base reverberating around the arena. had my ipod in my pocket,it died due to the soaking i got

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Picked this up in Tesco Naas over the weekend, holds 50KG and seems sturdy enough for a fiver.

You want the trolleys with proper tyres,way better than the solid wheels. Been using one for years. its the mutts nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

While Im open to correction on this, if I recall the day by day breakdown was released at the same time as the timetable last year, which was just a few days before.

The only reason this is in my head is because I can remember the surprise from almost everyone I spoke to that Beck and Outkast were on the same night when we had expected them to have a night each.

But, like I said, I might be remembering that wrong.

i think you're right, just looking through the thread from last year, we only knew things about days from acts own websites/facebook, and then a "10 must see acts" article on the Friday before.

it wasn't until the Tuesday that we got the times for the Main Stage and RBMA that we started to know for definite who was on what day....

i think you're right, just looking through the thread from last year, we only knew things about days from acts own websites/facebook, and then a "10 must see acts" article on the Friday before.

it wasn't until the Tuesday that we got the times for the Main Stage and RBMA that we started to know for definite who was on what day....

Well thats gonna be annoying unless Stradbally town has a library or an internet cafe as I have to go down the Sunday before the festival and cannot access the internet on the phone. It means I'll have to start annoying the volunteer coordinator for a timetable or fecking hitch to Portloaise to try and access the internet somewhere to get this info. I think everyone should go on strike and not bother turning up for the festival until they get their act together and release the info earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Galway winning has presented me with a connudrum; go Friday/Saturday or just sell the ticket altogether :o

cson wrote: »
    Galway winning has presented me with a connudrum; go Friday/Saturday or just sell the ticket altogether :o

Just watch the game in one of the bars in Stradbally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

declanleo wrote: »
    Probably the best set i've ever seen down there, rain bucketing down and the base reverberating around the arena. had my ipod in my pocket,it died due to the soaking i got

It was amazing, the rain was sideways :D I wasn't much of a fan before that but they really impressed me that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just bought my tent on amazon and went to check to see if my picnic ticket was still where I left it.... and it was! Getting excited now

Advertisement