Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Can anyone tell me when the next batch of tickets go on sale & the cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Thought 2014 was one of the best yet, worth it for Portishead and Beck alone.

I think 2014 was one of my favourite years I got to see so many people. Every time I think of Beck's set I can't help but get a buzzy, happy feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

They subbed the headline act on main stage on either Saturday or Sunday night 2010 I think before Massive Attack and they played one of the Body & Soul stages at EP 2008.

Yeah, and they were woeful (in 2010). Can't believe I missed LCD Soundsystem to catch them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

david75 wrote: »
    Picnic years are blurring together..I remember they headlined mainstage on sunday night one year as the frames, and then a year or two later in a tent, under Glens name..not sure which came first :)

Be great to see them again down there though.
    Not really here nor there but the Frames were on Saturday and they didn't headline, Leftfield did.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Anybody have any idea when general tickets go on sale again?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Not really here nor there but the Frames were on Saturday and they didn't headline, Leftfield did.

The recording I have was played live on air on 2fm and its from the mainstage on a sunday night..it was my birthday and i was there..Dont remember leftfield but we're unlikely to have hung around for them if they were on after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

unless it was in the first few years, then that's wrong.

this was 2010:

100905electricpicnic_lineup.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

So excited for EP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Raging I wasn't into Fever Ray at the time for that EP...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

Funny looking at the timetable for 2010. A lot of the acts playing at off peak times have really gone on to much bigger things.

Jon Hopkins is the only one announced so far that I'd have an interest in seeing. I hope they keep announcing them one or two at a time regularly. It's probably a better way of garnering interest, it will keep people thinking about it every time they hear someone new then announcing a whole load of acts in one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

ConConKing wrote: »
    Funny looking at the timetable for 2010. A lot of the acts playing at off peak times have really gone on to much bigger things.

I did laugh when I saw that 'James McMorrow ' played at half 12 in the day, he's come a long way since then! I can see him headlining the Electric Arena or Body n' Soul this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Raging I wasn't into Fever Ray at the time for that EP...

One of the main reasons I decided to go that year! She was announced rather late for the schedule.. I remember I decided to go to E.P that day. I was just back from traveling around Asia so I got my ticket in Elvery's that day and headed down to the festival to sleep in a friends porch!

2010 was an amazing year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

One of my most vivid EP memories is looking at the people braving a monsoon to see Massive Attack on the main stage, and me being quite content and dry watching fever ray in the EA!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was at that Fever Ray gig too, had only got into them a few months before, I recommend getting the live CD from Gothenburg if you can get your hands on it, very similar to the EP set in atmosphere although the EP audience was more vocal.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

MattD wrote: »
    One of my most vivid EP memories is looking at the people braving a monsoon to see Massive Attack on the main stage, and me being quite content and dry watching fever ray in the EA!! :D
    I remeber this well , as really looking forward to finishing off the festival with MA , but then the heavens opened up and it just poured down . Lasted 30mins with the misses but just went back to the camper soaked to the skin, good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Can anyone tell me when the next batch of tickets go on sale & the cost?
    Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

The War on Drugs are a great addition.
    A band quite simply too good to be ignored!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

The War on Drugs are a great addition.
    A band quite simply too good to be ignored!

Don't know, reckon I'll be giving it a good effort to ignore them. Boring Dire Straits dad rock sound. Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone???

Best bet is probably to ask on the facebook page or the twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

MattD wrote: »

I was one of those brave fools... worth every drop of rain that soaked me through the night! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Don't know, reckon I'll be giving it a good effort to ignore them. Boring Dire Straits dad rock sound. Meh

With this and your future Islands hatred I don't think our paths will cross at any stage of the festival! :)

Easy Rod wrote: »
    With this and your future Islands hatred I don't think our paths will cross at any stage of the festival! :)

Yeah, dad rock and dad dancing just ain't my thing. I'm sure we'll find common ground with more announcements. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Anyone any idea when the tickets will go on sale again?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

The loyalty email came out again in March last year. I would suggest we wait until then, or an announcement from EP regarding phase 3 tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Mince Pie wrote: »

The Dire Straits thing I must say I quite simply don't get!
    There are very very few similarities between these bands.

IMO The War on Drugs are the most exciting Indie band in years!
    Adam Granduciel is making the guitar fun and exciting again, damn good player!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Dire straits
    Pet shop boys
    The war on drugs
    Future islands
    Spoons in the woods!

Mince pie's perfect line up!!

Pet shop boys I can kinda understand but the rest, you need to be locked in a room with this music playing 24/7 ;)(TWOD Deady back ground driving music) guarantee you would warm to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Primavera line up looks interesting, I can see some of these playing the EP.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Dire straits
    Pet shop boys
    The war on drugs
    Future islands
    Spoons in the woods!

Mince pie's perfect line up!!

Pet shop boys I can kinda understand but the rest, you need to be locked in a room with this music playing 24/7 ;)(TWOD Deady back ground driving music) guarantee you would warm to it!

Nooooooo, next you'll be wanting me to eat celery for my perfect idea of hell!!
    Give me, The Strokes, Antony and the Johnsons, Florence, Patti, first Aid Kit, Django Django, The Frames, young Fathers and Belle and sebastian for starters and I'll be happy.
    Still watching announcement for who else is touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Excited to see Antony and the Johnsons for Primavera- hoping they'll be at EP that would be AMAZING!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Primavera line up looks interesting, I can see some of these playing the EP.

Some seriously good acts there ... Underworld touring dubnobass(20th anniversary re-issue is fantastic) , Caribou, Strokes, Sleater Kinney, James Blake, Black Keys, Interpol, Tune-Yards, Chet Faker, HEALTH, Patti Smith playing Horses... good lord what a line up!

I'll take any 4 of those for EP.

Advertisement