Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Some people asking EP Twitter account about the timetable, reply was;

"Day by day breakdown and time table released on the week of the festival"

https://twitter.com/epfestival/status/633278342008020992

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Looking for some help. We have family camping tickets but our child is no longer coming with us. Obviously we are not allowed into family camping anymore but would we be able to camp in the normal campsite? We are usually in the camper van site so sorry if this question has already been asked.
    Thanks

Fairly sure you are alright but you will see probably see people looking to swap for family tickets. Go onto the EP facebook page and say you are looking for a swap.plenty looking for family camping

threein99 wrote: »
    It was amazing, the rain was sideways :D I wasn't much of a fan before that but they really impressed me that night.

With the bright white lights on stage we could actually see steam rising off people in front of us. If was class

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Just watch the game in one of the bars in Stradbally.
    one of the Irish language tents in the Mind Fields area usually shows the hurling. Small tent so get there early

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

room_149 wrote: »
    one of the Irish language tents in the Mind Fields area usually shows the hurling. Small tent so get there early

yeah, but it's a bit of a nightmare setup, it's better to head into Stradbally early, find a seat, order a pint, visit a real jacks, go back to seat, another pint and enjoy the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Just bought my tent on amazon and went to check to see if my picnic ticket was still where I left it.... and it was! Getting excited now

:confused: why wouldn't it be where you left it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Goblins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Bought it the day after picnic last year and put it away as soon as it arrived. Just haven't seen it in months so was checking :D

Friday Saturday Sunday

Florence Blur Manic Street Preachers
    Sam Smith Roisin Murphy Interpol
    Belle and Sebastian George Ezra Tame Impala
    Underworld Battles Paul Kalkbrenner
    Chvches Mac DeMarco Jurassic 5
    Ride MK Django Django
    Low Gavin James

Alll the above has been taken from their websites. Apart from Underworld on Friday seems alright though I'm sure the manics wont be headlining

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

yeah, but it's a bit of a nightmare setup, it's better to head into Stradbally early, find a seat, order a pint, visit a real jacks, go back to seat, another pint and enjoy the game.
    That works too- I often head into the village for the sports! Last headed into Stradbally on the Sunday in 2013 for Liverpool/Man U & Dublin Kerry. Seemed like half the picnic did too! Sardines business in every pub! Good craic but too crowded in Ramsbottons, Kehoes etc.
    Took the Ipad down last year for the Mayo Kerry Game on the Sat, mounted it on the side of the Campervan and watched it in comfort on the couch we took down with my cohorts & some friendly picnic neighbours!

• Advertisement

Friday

Florence
    Sam Smith
    Belle and Sebastian
    Underworld
    Chvches
    Ride

Saturday

Blur
    Roisin Murphy
    George Ezra
    Battles
    Mac DeMarco
    MK
    Low

Sunday

Manic Street Preachers
    Interpol
    Tame Impala
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Jurassic 5
    Django Django
    Gavin James

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Oh the wife will be pissed if Florence is on the Friday night, I will have to take pictures for her:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Friday looks like such a nice start, GOD IM EXCITED

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

declanleo wrote: »
    Friday

Florence
    Sam Smith
    Belle and Sebastian
    Underworld
    Chvches
    Ride

Saturday

Blur
    Roisin Murphy
    George Ezra
    Battles
    Mac DeMarco
    MK
    Low

Sunday

Manic Street Preachers
    Interpol
    Tame Impala
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Jurassic 5
    Django Django
    Gavin James

Front loaded big time on the friday night. When are hot chip

Snarky Snark Snark

Hopefully after Blur on the Saturday night, would be great then, hope to feck they don't clash with MSP on the Sunday

Oh the wife will be pissed if Florence is on the Friday night, I will have to take pictures for her:P:P:P

thought that she would be on the sunday as i cant see manics headlining.

Snarky Snark Snark

thought that she would be on the sunday as i cant see manics headlining.

Neither can I and I do love me some manics, I'm hoping they're on last in the electric arena as that will close out the weekend perfectly for me.

That said, they've now got 20 plus years of seriously good sing along well known hits and are as tight as a pair of new leather trousers, it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Friday

Florence
    Sam Smith
    Belle and Sebastian
    Underworld
    Chvches
    Ride

Saturday

Blur
    Roisin Murphy
    George Ezra
    Battles
    Mac DeMarco
    MK
    Low

Sunday

Manic Street Preachers
    Interpol
    Tame Impala
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Jurassic 5
    Django Django
    Gavin James

If this turned out to be true, Friday is well top heavy, complete opposite of previous years!
    Are you suggesting Manics are headlining/closing the festival?? If I was a Sunday day tripper I would be very upset!
    They played a few years ago maybe 2008' think in the EA around 7, barely filled the tent. They haven't really done anything since then so I would be shocked to see them on the main stage.

Separately, Seen a random add on gumtree looking for bar staff for the EP, not sure how legit it is;
    http://www.gumtree.ie/a-bar-restaurant-hotel/dublin/bar-staff-required-electric-picnic/1001379152700910750044909

€8:65/per hour, the profit in x2 pints (30 seconds work) would cover one hours wage at least!.
    Gives an idea of the money involved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

It was said on TXFM this evening that Blur were playing the Friday night.

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    They played a few years ago maybe 2008' think in the EA around 7, barely filled the tent. They haven't really done anything since then so I would be shocked to see them on the main stage..

really?

2007 - Send away the tigers
    2009 - Journal for plague lovers
    2010 - Postcards from a young man
    2013 - Rewind the film
    2014 - futurology

• Advertisement

frantic190 wrote: »
    It was said on TXFM this evening that Blur were playing the Friday night.

I'm just going off their own websites

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Blur's own site have them playing the Saturday also I still think Florence will headline the Sunday as she was announced when the day tickets went on sale. It's a shame the timetable is announced so late as it gives you less time to arrange who to see.

Snarky Snark Snark

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Blur's own site have them playing the Saturday also I still think Florence will headline the Sunday as she was announced when the day tickets went on sale. It's a shame the timetable is announced so late as it gives you less time to arrange who to see.

once all kit is in tent and stowed away, first order of the weekend (apart from opening a beer) will be to start entering times into phones calendar to ensure i know where to be and at what time.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

My EP ticket hasn't arrived yet, should I be concerned? Paid through instalments method.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If this turned out to be true, Friday is well top heavy, complete opposite of previous years!
    Are you suggesting Manics are headlining/closing the festival?? If I was a Sunday day tripper I would be very upset!
    They played a few years ago maybe 2008' think in the EA around 7, barely filled the tent. They haven't really done anything since then so I would be shocked to see them on the main stage.

Separately, Seen a random add on gumtree looking for bar staff for the EP, not sure how legit it is;
    http://www.gumtree.ie/a-bar-restaurant-hotel/dublin/bar-staff-required-electric-picnic/1001379152700910750044909

€8:65/per hour, the profit in x2 pints (30 seconds work) would cover one hours wage at least!.
    Gives an idea of the money involved!!

I'm a barmaid by trade and applied for this a few weeks ago. If it's barcode it's legit....last interviews are Thurs in Dublin. I bowed out tho because in reality you'll do 12 hour shifts during peak time and not see much of the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

dublinjen wrote: »
    I'm a barmaid by trade and applied for this a few weeks ago. If it's barcode it's legit....last interviews are Thurs in Dublin. I bowed out tho because in reality you'll do 12 hour shifts during peak time and not see much of the festival

Is it not just two shifts though, that is standard for festival work anyway you have to do 24 hours, the actual festival is 72 hours. My shifts are pre festival and we do 4 six hour shifts over Mon - Thurs, weekend volunteers will do the 24 hours over the weekend normally in 8 hour shifts. Bar staff do get a cool event tee shirt though that you cannot get in the merchandise stall.

Edit: I forgot to add you actually get paid for this as well and a wristband, whats the problem there, you still get the bones of a full day at the festival and a few hours others days with a bit of kip in between.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Friday

Florence
    Sam Smith
    Belle and Sebastian
    Underworld
    Chvches
    Ride

Saturday

Blur
    Roisin Murphy
    George Ezra
    Battles
    Mac DeMarco
    MK
    Low

Sunday

Manic Street Preachers
    Interpol
    Tame Impala
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Jurassic 5
    Django Django
    Gavin James

I doubt Manics will be headlining on Sunday! Plus I hope Ride aren't on that early, they need a small tent late at night. Would be terrible on the main stage in daylight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I doubt Manics will be headlining on Sunday! Plus I hope Ride aren't on that early, they need a small tent late at night. Would be terrible on the main stage in daylight

it's a list of days, not a running order or stage breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Is it not just two shifts though, that is standard for festival work anyway you have to do 24 hours, the actual festival is 72 hours. My shifts are pre festival and we do 4 six hour shifts over Mon - Thurs, weekend volunteers will do the 24 hours over the weekend normally in 8 hour shifts. Bar staff do get a cool event tee shirt though that you cannot get in the merchandise stall.

Edit: I forgot to add you actually get paid for this as well and a wristband, whats the problem there, you still get the bones of a full day at the festival and a few hours others days with a bit of kip in between.
    some people prefer to actually be out enjoying the festival and bands rather than spending the majority of their day standing around in the bar for minimum wage and a "cool" tshirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

it's a list of days, not a running order or stage breakdown.

Ahhhh. That makes more sense. Thought it was a rough idea of the main stage so far!

Advertisement