Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

You cannot go solely by whats on bands website. Some of them put down the first night until their day is confirmed, that's why friday looks so loaded at the moment.

Edit ,

For example , underworld and florence have friday down, but no other gig until later in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

I reckon Florence will be doing Sunday, simply because she's playing Belfast on Wednesday and Dublin on Thursday.

But yeah, going by the band websites is totally unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

I don't think there is a chance that Manics are top of the bill for Sunday.
    Part of me hopes Underworld play Fri as would be fresh & full of energy for them. On past experiences though Fri can go seriously awry - but then so can any other day.
    I am also of the opinion that Florence will be the Sun headliner and Blur will fill the Sat spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Fatfrog wrote: »
    €8:65/per hour, the profit in x2 pints (30 seconds work) would cover one hours wage at least!.
    Gives an idea of the money involved!!

They had kegs of Desperados last year but only selling 330ml glasses of it. Worked out at €9 a pint. Insane price for that pig pi$$.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

I was assuming Sam Smith and Florence would be headlining Sunday as they're the more mainstream acts for the day ticket punters. Not gonna worry too much about them myself anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Is it not just two shifts though, that is standard for festival work anyway you have to do 24 hours, the actual festival is 72 hours. My shifts are pre festival and we do 4 six hour shifts over Mon - Thurs, weekend volunteers will do the 24 hours over the weekend normally in 8 hour shifts. Bar staff do get a cool event tee shirt though that you cannot get in the merchandise stall.

Edit: I forgot to add you actually get paid for this as well and a wristband, whats the problem there, you still get the bones of a full day at the festival and a few hours others days with a bit of kip in between.

But you see I'm ever so excited to enjoy the whole festival, rather than work for unacceptably low wages for trained bar staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I was assuming Sam Smith and Florence would be headlining Sunday as they're the more mainstream acts for the day ticket punters. Not gonna worry too much about them myself anyway...

That's the obvious scenario.either way I don't plan on seeing either.sam smith could play each night and I still wouldn't be watching. Great voice but no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

My thoughts exactly! May go see Florence if there's nothing else on but not gonna worry about her too much. She was pretty great in Glastonbury though

FKA Twigs' new EP is pretty much stunning .... Brilliant album and now this gem ... really a must see for me especially after she cancelled last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

pmalone wrote: »
    FKA Twigs' new EP is pretty much stunning .... Brilliant album and now this gem ... really a must see for me especially after she cancelled last year.

Planning on being right up front for this one

for reasons....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

for reasons....

Is she that girl in the video ;)

for reasons....

Those reasons being music and dance I am sure.

if this is anything to go by it will be amazing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcpVbw4_c04

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Those reasons being music and dance I am sure.

if this is anything to go by it will be amazing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcpVbw4_c04

This dirtbag had a sore throat last year and I didn't find out till I was standing in the little big tent watching some lad on decks - ugh

byrneg28 wrote: »
    This dirtbag had a sore throat last year and I didn't find out till I was standing in the little big tent watching some lad on decks - ugh

you mean that in an endearing way I am sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

really?

2007 - Send away the tigers
    2009 - Journal for plague lovers
    2010 - Postcards from a young man
    2013 - Rewind the film
    2014 - futurology

Oooo yea forgot about them (sarc sarc!!)

Can I ask if you genuinely knew those albums and the years or is that a list from Google??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Why would it matter either way? 4 albums since 2008 isn't exactly nothing...

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Oooo yea forgot about them (sarc sarc!!)

Can I ask if you genuinely knew those albums and the years or is that a list from Google??

The list is from wiki (cos i wanted to check the dates) but I have all the albums and they do consistently play here to a full house on each tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

you mean that in an endearing way I am sure

I was nearly reduced to tears hearing she'd cancelled.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Uncertainty over days, times and clashes aside :( it looks like EP are making a genuine effort to add many new features and areas to the festival. I have been going since 2008 or 2009 :confused: and have not noticed that many changes so it's good news, isn't it, to see things like Despacio, Trailer Park (last couple of years I know), that Anime thingy and whatever other delights they throw at us. I am genuinely concerned about the additional capacity, not out of any snobby exclusivity feeling, but I love the Picnic and its vibe and don't want it to change for the worse. I suppose that is up to us too so lets hope this years version is as good, if not better, as all our memories.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

rebelreded wrote: »
    Uncertainty over days, times and clashes aside :( it looks like EP are making a genuine effort to add many new features and areas to the festival. I have been going since 2008 or 2009 :confused: and have not noticed that many changes so it's good news, isn't it, to see things like Despacio, Trailer Park (last couple of years I know), that Anime thingy and whatever other delights they throw at us. I am genuinely concerned about the additional capacity, not out of any snobby exclusivity feeling, but I love the Picnic and its vibe and don't want it to change for the worse. I suppose that is up to us too so lets hope this years version is as good, if not better, as all our memories.

I would say it has changed alot since it started, its far from the same festival is was in first few years, for better or worse its a growing festival with alot of happy punters, I can see it changing more over next few years to cater for the void from oxegen. Holding on to the past memories makes for a bitter poster I have found.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

declanleo wrote: »
    Friday

Florence
    Sam Smith
    Belle and Sebastian
    Underworld
    Chvches
    Ride

Saturday

Blur
    Roisin Murphy
    George Ezra
    Battles
    Mac DeMarco
    MK
    Low

Sunday

Manic Street Preachers
    Interpol
    Tame Impala
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Jurassic 5
    Django Django
    Gavin James

This is just speculation, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Ruxjit wrote: »

Yes. Educated guesses based on Tour dates on individual artist websites, some of which just say 'Friday 11am' to show they'll be there. There's no way Florence and Sam Smith aren't closing out the Sunday punter slots!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

THIS is why I love this thread, just been listening for an hour. LOVE this girl

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

To the Manics fans on the board...

What kind of set can we expect? I know their singles but what albums should I put on my list? I'm looking forward to them but I don't want to be in the tent knowing none of the songs!!

Snarky Snark Snark

To the Manics fans on the board...

What kind of set can we expect? I know their singles but what albums should I put on my list? I'm looking forward to them but I don't want to be in the tent knowing none of the songs!!

If it's on Spotify/Apple Music/what ever, just stream the National Treasures collection, there's a few albums since then but the set will mostly be in there.

Ruxjit wrote: »

All taken from their websites. Not got a clue what stages

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

I'm completely biased as a massive fan, but Florence are very good live. Hope I get to see them again, I'm volunteering (first Picnic too) so I've no idea who I'll actually get to see, but I think I'll be finishing earlyish on Sunday.

Lecture in Limerick at 9am on the Monday... *Tad* ambitious, anyone have any idea what'd be the best way to get there? Missing as little of the Sunday as possible, I don't mind being wrecked for the lecture but I would like to be there if at all possible. Won't be drinking at all so I at least won't be hungover, just exhausted.

rebelreded wrote: »

hmmm .. On the other hand, you have to also consider dumbing down stuff like Heineken Sound Atlas, Sure Karaoke, Electric Ireland ... its a long time since anyone has used the word boutique.

I am also concerned about the capacity... last year it felt like it was at its limit. How many more this year?

Don't mean to be negative .. really looking forward to this year .. It's just that "nostalgia is not what it used to be" and all that jazz.

• Advertisement

oseia wrote: »
    I'm completely biased as a massive fan, but Florence are very good live. Hope I get to see them again, I'm volunteering (first Picnic too) so I've no idea who I'll actually get to see, but I think I'll be finishing earlyish on Sunday.

Lecture in Limerick at 9am on the Monday... *Tad* ambitious, anyone have any idea what'd be the best way to get there? Missing as little of the Sunday as possible, I don't mind being wrecked for the lecture but I would like to be there if at all possible. Won't be drinking at all so I at least won't be hungover, just exhausted.
    y

Train from portlaoise

Advertisement