Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

To the Manics fans on the board...

What kind of set can we expect? I know their singles but what albums should I put on my list? I'm looking forward to them but I don't want to be in the tent knowing none of the songs!!

Google manics setlist on setlistfm

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

To the Manics fans on the board...

What kind of set can we expect? I know their singles but what albums should I put on my list? I'm looking forward to them but I don't want to be in the tent knowing none of the songs!!

What the Interweb says they've been playing this year: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/manic-street-preachers-1bd6bdc0.html?year=2015

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

oseia wrote: »
    I'm completely biased as a massive fan, but Florence are very good live. Hope I get to see them again, I'm volunteering (first Picnic too) so I've no idea who I'll actually get to see, but I think I'll be finishing earlyish on Sunday.

Lecture in Limerick at 9am on the Monday... *Tad* ambitious, anyone have any idea what'd be the best way to get there? Missing as little of the Sunday as possible, I don't mind being wrecked for the lecture but I would like to be there if at all possible. Won't be drinking at all so I at least won't be hungover, just exhausted.

Is there not a Bus Eireann service from Portloaise to Limerick, I don't know the times though or unless you leave on Sunday night, I don't know the connections to Limerick at 11.30 - 12.30 at night either.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

What the Interweb says they've been playing this year: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/manic-street-preachers-1bd6bdc0.html?year=2015

Think that's a little skewed by the Holy Bible 20th anniversary tour, saw that gig last December but hoping we get a more rounded set for a festival. It's not exactly a happy singalong soundtrack for the unwashed proletariat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

pmalone wrote: »
    I am also concerned about the capacity... last year it felt like it was at its limit. How many more this year?

Don't mean to be negative .. really looking forward to this year .. It's just that "nostalgia is not what it used to be" and all that jazz.

The OH hasn't been since 2009. Expecting massive culture shock upon arrival :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The list is from wiki (cos i wanted to check the dates) but I have all the albums and they do consistently play here to a full house on each tour

Not trying to be negative or anything, I actually like some of their earlier stuff, but I just can't see them headlining.

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Not trying to be negative or anything, I actually like some of their earlier stuff, but I just can't see them headlining.

Oh, I wouldn't expect them to either, but they are more than capable of it in terms of back catalogue crowd pleasers.
    As before, I'm hoping for Electric Arena closers on the Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

declanleo wrote: »
    Train from portlaoise
    Is there not a Bus Eireann service from Portloaise to Limerick, I don't know the times though or unless you leave on Sunday night, I don't know the connections to Limerick at 11.30 - 12.30 at night either.

Yeah I'm sure there would be, was just checking incase there were better ways I hadn't thought of. Time is the main problem, they'll probably be at awful times. I don't really mind whether I head first thing in the morning or late at night but I'll probably be lucky to have one of those options!

Silly question but how far is it to Portlaoise and how handy would it be to get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

once all kit is in tent and stowed away, first order of the weekend (apart from opening a beer) will be to start entering times into phones calendar to ensure i know where to be and at what time.

There was a great app last year for that, used a newer version this year at body and soul with maps that was even better. Picks up the data from clashfinder and best of all it works off line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

oseia wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure there would be, was just checking incase there were better ways I hadn't thought of. Time is the main problem, they'll probably be at awful times. I don't really mind whether I head first thing in the morning or late at night but I'll probably be lucky to have one of those options!

Silly question but how far is it to Portlaoise and how handy would it be to get there?
    it's only 10/15mins away. your best bet would probably be to book a taxi.
    there's shuttle buses from EP to Portaloise but I don't know what time they go at.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Peterd66 wrote: »
    There was a great app last year for that, used a newer version this year at body and soul with maps that was even better. Picks up the data from clashfinder and best of all it works off line.

Oooh, that sounds pretty cool. iOS / Droid or Web App?

The developer posted earlier in this thread confirming he'd have an EP one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I could see

Friday: Sam Smith, Grace Jones, War On Drugs, (EA: Jon Hopkins)
    Saturday: Blur, Underworld, (EA: Belle and Sebastian, Hot Chip, Roisin Murphy)
    Sunday: Florence, Manics (EA: Tame Impala, Interpol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The developer posted earlier in this thread confirming he'd have an EP one out.

I'm the developer of the app

Android app is ready to go.. just want to implement a "Whats on Now & Next? " Feature .. should find some time next week to finish that.

iOS app is 80% done .. just implementing the map and haven't a whole lot of time this week, but its a couple of nights work so it should be fine.

Once the clashfinder is in place I will announce both apps here ..

There is no chance Sam Smith won't be on the Sunday. He and Florence are probably the widest appeal for the day trippers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MattD wrote: »
    I could see

Friday: Sam Smith, Grace Jones, War On Drugs, (EA: Jon Hopkins)
    Saturday: Blur, Underworld, (EA: Belle and Sebastian, Hot Chip, Roisin Murphy)
    Sunday: Florence, Manics (EA: Tame Impala, Interpol)

I think EP advertised quite early that Belle & Sebastian were playing the EA on Friday night. I think Hopkins could be a Saturday draw.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

A buddy of mine sent me this site which does a printable timetable showing all clashes etc. It hasn't been updated for 2015 yet obviously

http://clashfinder.com/list/?qs=electric%20picnic

Android for me, dislike the locked down nature if IOS.
    (Saying that I had to switch to PC to post link after failing miserably to do it on phone!!!)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Pablo+Android&hl=en

Peter

Great App, really liked the addition of maps for B&S.
    The fact you can use offline and choose reminders is great.
    Hope you are getting some funding/sponsorship for it.

Peter

xxyyzz wrote: »
    A buddy of mine sent me this site which does a printable timetable showing all clashes etc. It hasn't been updated for 2015 yet obviously

http://clashfinder.com/list/?qs=electric%20picnic

yeah thats the site that my apps use for the timetables....

• Advertisement

Great App, really liked the addition of maps for B&S.
    The fact you can use offline and choose reminders is great.
    Hope you are getting some funding/sponsorship for it.

Peter

Buy me a pint at the salty dog on the friday @ 5? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Android app is ready to go.. just want to implement a "Whats on Now & Next? " Feature .. should find some time next week to finish that.

iOS app is 80% done .. just implementing the map and haven't a whole lot of time this week, but its a couple of nights work so it should be fine.

Will you have a donation link to support/show thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Also really excited about this. The official EP one last year was pretty horrible.

There is no chance Sam Smith won't be on the Sunday. He and Florence are probably the widest appeal for the day trippers
    just because they have wide appeal doesn't mean they'll be on Sunday, Saturday last year had Hozier, Bombay Bicycle Club, Paolo Nutini and Chic...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Thanks so, SO much to you all for the additions to my list! too many to quote but cant believe I was forgetting the likes of a lighter, bin bags, loo roll etc. Also - dry shampoo?!! would have cried if I left this behind - hair is almost bum length so that would have been an absolute disaster. Thank you millions.

My tent arrived on Friday and I did a trial pitching exercise in the garden yesterday - about 5 mins up and 5 mins down - delighted!.

Also have a few other camping essentials based on the advice here been delivered today.

Getting SO excited now!!!

just because they have wide appeal doesn't mean they'll be on Sunday, Saturday last year had Hozier, Bombay Bicycle Club, Paolo Nutini and Chic...

Nearly sure Hozier was Friday night, wasnt he?

dublinjen wrote: »
    Will you have a donation link to support/show thanks?

The problem is then I would be making money off the clashfinder data and that is against his terms of use (non-commercial use only) ... I could probably get around that technically but it would be against the spirit of clashfinder. I am a big fan of clashfinder and it was that site that was the inspiration for the apps in the first place, so for now I don't see any easy way of monetizing it.

I get a buzz out of people finding it useful to tell the truth. And money can't buy you buzz ... hmmm, maybe that's not entirely true.

Cant wait to download this too! Fab idea - I had no idea it existed last year. Massive thanks.

The problem is then I would be making money off the clashfinder data and that is against his terms of use (non-commercial use only) ... I could probably get around that technically but it would be against the spirit of clashfinder. I am a big fan of clashfinder and it was that site that was the inspiration for the apps in the first place, so for now I don't see any easy way of monetizing it.

I get a buzz out of people finding it useful to tell the truth. And money can't buy you buzz ... hmmm, maybe that's not entirely true.

I will SO buy you a pint if I run into you!

• Advertisement

Nearly sure Hozier was Friday night, wasnt he?
    nope, Saturday afternoon.

Advertisement