Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

nope, Saturday afternoon.

I was clearly WAY too pissed that weekend! ;)

Blondie was Friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

The problem is then I would be making money off the clashfinder data and that is against his terms of use (non-commercial use only) ... I could probably get around that technically but it would be against the spirit of clashfinder. I am a big fan of clashfinder and it was that site that was the inspiration for the apps in the first place, so for now I don't see any easy way of monetizing it.

I get a buzz out of people finding it useful to tell the truth. And money can't buy you buzz ... hmmm, maybe that's not entirely true.

Stick your paypal email address down as the 'support' one so, we'll know where to send pint money then ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

delivered through a Funktion One, 7.1 surround sound system.

By night, join some of our trusted DJs as they take over the hand-crafted Masters Rotary Mixer, which is making its debut at its festival.
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/cloud-88-comes-bodysoul

Funktion 1 and rotary mixer djing at night? Definitely Will Softly's gear. Wont be looking at any of the films but I'll definitely call in for a blast of the sound system, it's unbelievably good.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Nearly sure Hozier was Friday night, wasnt he?

He did an other voices slot as well though? Could that have been Fri night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stick your paypal email address down as the 'support' one so, we'll know where to send pint money then ;P

OK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Looked up buses and I think I can either leave at around half 10 Sunday night, or leave Portlaoise at 2am... Any idea how much a taxi to Portlaoise would set me back if I was on my own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I think EP advertised quite early that Belle & Sebastian were playing the EA on Friday night. I think Hopkins could be a Saturday draw.

You're right actually, yeah I remember that. The past couple of years it's been only the Main Stage lineup with a big Electronic act in the EA late on on the Friday, so that was my thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

The problem is then I would be making money off the clashfinder data and that is against his terms of use (non-commercial use only) ... I could probably get around that technically but it would be against the spirit of clashfinder. I am a big fan of clashfinder and it was that site that was the inspiration for the apps in the first place, so for now I don't see any easy way of monetizing it.

I get a buzz out of people finding it useful to tell the truth. And money can't buy you buzz ... hmmm, maybe that's not entirely true.

You are a beaut. I am a full believer in karma and you've got to have loads of good stuff coming your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

dublinjen wrote: »
    Will you have a donation link to support/show thanks?

THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

oseia wrote: »
    Looked up buses and I think I can either leave at around half 10 Sunday night, or leave Portlaoise at 2am... Any idea how much a taxi to Portlaoise would set me back if I was on my own?

You should get a taxi for between €15- €20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

There will more than likely be people at the taxi rank too looking to head back to Portlaoise. Taxi drivers were doing it a fiver a head last year once there was at least 4 in the taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Martleys run a shuttle bus from Portlaoise to Stradbally and vice versa every 30 minutes, definitely recommend them , hell of a lot cheaper than taxi's thats for sure!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Great stuff, thanks. Yeah the taxi on my own was just a worse case scenario, would either bus it or get in a taxi with others if at all possible. Turns out I may not have to do either now, think there's some private bus (probably a few actually) heading to Limerick after so I'm sorted hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Does anyone know when the picnic off license will be available?
    Is it on the main electric picnic site or is it a separate site?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the picnic off license will be available?
    Is it on the main electric picnic site or is it a separate site?

Save yourself some serious cash and bring it down with you, buy it on special with one of those 20% off vouchers from dunnes. Managed to get a bottle of vodka and tray of cans essentially for free on top of my weekly shop in the last two weeks.

If you don't fancy carrying it down, make the short walk into the town. The off licence on site is a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

This will be my first EP. What is the beer situation there? Is there any stall selling decent craft beer or is it the usual swill?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

xxyyzz wrote: »
    This will be my first EP. What is the beer situation there? Is there any stall selling decent craft beer or is it the usual swill?

In the arena, there was a place that had a small range of "craft" beers, nothing spectacular but better than the normal larger.

It was quite busy though but the prices were on a par with the main bars.

I think for next years thread, we are going to need a question sticky for stuff like
    1 - what do i bring
    2 - what don't i bring
    3 - what beer is in there
    4 - camping area recommendations
    etc..

dublinjen wrote: »
    Save yourself some serious cash and bring it down with you, buy it on special with one of those 20% off vouchers from dunnes. Managed to get a bottle of vodka and tray of cans essentially for free on top of my weekly shop in the last two weeks.

If you don't fancy carrying it down, make the short walk into the town. The off licence on site is a rip off

Me old bones are done with horsing warm beer in with me. That short walk in to town isn't that short and it eats in to my weekend. Is a slab 50 or 60 in picnic offy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Me old bones are done with horsing warm beer in with me. That short walk in to town isn't that short and it eats in to my weekend. Is a slab 50 or 60 in picnic offy

It was 60 a few years ago so hopefully its not gone up from that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Noticed Ham Sandwich and Hot Sprockets followed The Salty Dog twitter page the other day so im guessing they will be playing a slot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

How does the offy work, I presume they just give you your full slab/order, you can't say get x8 cans at a time??
    So when they give you the full slab on the Friday its chilled, but come Sat & Sun it will be warm beer anyway?!!

It was €60 a few years back, remember because it was exactly double what I paid for a slab of Carlsberg at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Cooler packed with ice, rotate. even if you dont have a cooler box surely buying one with a slab will still work out cheaper than buying it there.
    Also as another poster said, its gonna get warm anyway.
    You've also then got ice for some spirit and mixers. Win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

pmalone wrote: »
    you mean that in an endearing way I am sure

Not sure what decks you mean. the booka brass band came on mate.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    How does the offy work, I presume they just give you your full slab/order, you can't say get x8 cans at a time??
    So when they give you the full slab on the Friday its chilled, but come Sat & Sun it will be warm beer anyway?!!

It was €60 a few years back, remember because it was exactly double what I paid for a slab of Carlsberg at the time.

I thought you could get 8 chilled cans at a time?. If it is a case you have to get a full slab then it really is a load of bollocks huh

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Not sure what decks you mean. the booka brass band came on mate.

Yeah, I was there! didn't know Twiggsy too well, but wondered that she had such a large support band of brass players! Doh!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Fatfrog wrote: »

They'll chill Heineken products for you even if you don't buy them there. At least they did a few years back anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Can't believe they won't release the breakdown day by day at least. They're just being *****. No need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Cooler packed with ice, rotate. even if you dont have a cooler box surely buying one with a slab will still work out cheaper than buying it there.
    Also as another poster said, its gonna get warm anyway.
    You've also then got ice for some spirit and mixers. Win!

With careful use of the cooler you can have cold beer all the way up Sunday noon. I did it at BnS last year, even though the weather was scorching
    Bring a cooler full of ice, always have the cooler in the shade, always put in a can when you're taking out a cold one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Best can to bring to EP for a kick start:
    Sierra Nevada Torpedo, it's 7.2%

It's tasty and potent. Just go easy on it. Available from Drinkstore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

bleg wrote: »
    Can't believe they won't release the breakdown day by day at least. They're just being *****. No need for it.

There's a lot of lanyards and programmes that need to be sold at a tenner a pop

Advertisement