Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Best can to bring to EP for a kick start:
    Sierra Nevada Torpedo, it's 7.2%

It's tasty and potent. Just go easy on it. Available from Drinkstore

I've only ever seen it in glass bottles, do they sell it in cans?
    It's a beautiful tasting beer but perhaps too bitter/hoppy for some.

bleg wrote: »
    Can't believe they won't release the breakdown day by day at least. They're just being *****. No need for it.

ah sure if they did that we'd have no fun speculating and chatting about lineups and clashes, tis all part of the fun ;)

Relax, it's the picnic, we'll know in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

There's a lot of lanyards and programmes that need to be sold at a tenner a pop

Are they seriously charging a tenner for a programme? Jaysus that's pure robbery!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Are they seriously charging a tenner for a programme? Jaysus that's pure robbery!
    Usually is, but you get a nice souvenir lanyard!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's been 10 euro for years. How's it a surprise?
    And you dont have to buy it. With the right preparation with Clashfinder you dont need it.

• Advertisement

I don't see it as robbery, the timetable comes on a lanyard and they are a series of plastic coated cards, small enough not to become a nuisance and contain loads of information.
    The only downside is you may become a mobile information unit for revelers when they see the thing hanging from your neck...but handy for meeting new people too...depends on how you're feeling at the time :D

One year I did a rushed job of my own timetable for the bands I wanted to see. Once I had it laminated etc it was still too bulky and I stopped using it on the second day.

As someone here said, pop the times of the bands you want to see into your phone's calendar and then it will give you nice little reminders for each one...and this will still work while your phone is in Airplane mode so it won't be heavy on the battery.

The last time I went was in 2010 and I definitely do not remember paying for one of those! I would have thought they'd just give it to you on the way in with your wristband but I guess not

The gas thing is I'll probably still buy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't bought one in years, €10 is a bollix. Even though they are laminated if they get wet they fall apart very easily.

Clashfinder, app, and if you're stuck you don't have to look far to find someone who has one to sneak a peek at.

maximoose wrote: »
    Haven't bought one in years, €10 is a bollix. Even though they are laminated if they get wet they fall apart very easily.

Clashfinder, app, and if you're stuck you don't have to look far to find someone who has one to sneak a peek at.

I'll check out that Clashfinder app definitely. I guarantee someone's gonna buy and lose it right away. 10er does seem a bit steep for something that should be included in the ticket price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

the couple I have were well put together and handy for figuring out what you might like to target once your hit list is exhausted.

It's a nice souvenir to have (apart from the scabies and galloping crotch rot)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i just print out the clashfinder or times list onto 3 a4 pages for each day and fold them up in my pocket ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

With apps etc there's no reason at all to buy an overpriced lanyard! If you're worried about your phone dying just lob the times into excel or whatever and print it off, or just print clashfinder pages for each stage, much cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the picnic off license will be available?
    Is it on the main electric picnic site or is it a separate site?
    It's fierce expense on site.
    What happened last year, and possibly before that, is that the local supervalu let you order your drink and they'd drop it over.
    I know the lad who runs the Stradbally super valu, and he was asking if we needed anything as they would be on site (or perhaps just off site if they're not allowed on site?) with the deliveries.

I'm not sure how it works tbh but maybe check their facebook (if they have one?) or just give the shop a call.
    They also brought over breakfast rolls etc which was handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think the lanyard with programme was 13 euro last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I've only ever seen it in glass bottles, do they sell it in cans?
    It's a beautiful tasting beer but perhaps too bitter/hoppy for some.
    Yeah its fairly hoppy all right. Sold in a 473ml can in Drinkstore Stoneybatter
    Other than that the options are limited in cans. Founders etc are only small 355ml ones, which you dont want to waste the can allocation on

Yeah its fairly hoppy all right. Sold in a 473ml can in Drinkstore Stoneybatter
    Other than that the options are limited in cans. Founders etc are only small 355ml ones, which you dont want to waste the can allocation on

can allocation? I've never been aware of an allocation but perhaps there is...I typically just bring what I need for the Friday and leave the rest in the car until needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

can allocation? I've never been aware of an allocation but perhaps there is...I typically just bring what I need for the Friday and leave the rest in the car until needed.

Usually a 48 can slab or the equivalent to that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's listed under "Things you cant bring" section:

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/camping

But ya, you can always just go back to the car for more. I'll just bring one slab with me on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Me old bones are done with horsing warm beer in with me. That short walk in to town isn't that short and it eats in to my weekend. Is a slab 50 or 60 in picnic offy

I'm with you on this one. There are some situations where price is not the driving consideration.

BananaR wrote: »
    I'm with you on this one. There are some situations where price is not the driving consideration.

Exactly! What are the limitations (if any) on the buses for your stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Any camper van site experts on here? been to the last 5 picnics and have never stayed on site. So friend bought a nice "cozy" 4 berth camper but the numbers keep increasing and apparently although they say you cant pitch a tent beside a camper, a lot of people do this.
    we have an awning too but really need to pitch a tent. what are the chances do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

oseia wrote: »

Don't go by that its just taken off the website, its just a break down by area not actual stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

lbj666 wrote: »
    Don't go by that its just taken off the website, its just a break down by area not actual stages.

Ah fair enough, my bad. Was handy for spotting a few bands I didn't realise were playing anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Any camper van site experts on here? been to the last 5 picnics and have never stayed on site. So friend bought a nice "cozy" 4 berth camper but the numbers keep increasing and apparently although they say you cant pitch a tent beside a camper, a lot of people do this.
    we have an awning too but really need to pitch a tent. what are the chances do you think?

Stayed in campervan site last year. Our mates pitched two 3 man tents beside our camper for the weekend. Security even saw them being put up and said nothing. Im hoping to pitch a 4 man tent beside a mates camper this year myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

gandalfio wrote: »
    Stayed in campervan site last year. Our mates pitched two 3 man tents beside our camper for the weekend. Security even saw them being put up and said nothing. Im hoping to pitch a 4 man tent beside a mates camper this year myself.

Brill - thanks. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

so long as its not one of those huge family jobs it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Hey guys, need the names of two lesser known acts to listen to in the next week. I normally have my research done on YouTube by now.been blown away by London grammar chvches fever ray and the knife in recent years. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

declanleo wrote: »
    Hey guys, need the names of two lesser known acts to listen to in the next week. I normally have my research done on YouTube by now.been blown away by London grammar chvches fever ray and the knife in recent years. Cheers

Try FKA Twigs and Viet Cong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

declanleo wrote: »

Kwabs and O Emperor

Advertisement