Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

declanleo wrote: »
    Hey guys, need the names of two lesser known acts to listen to in the next week. I normally have my research done on YouTube by now.been blown away by London grammar chvches fever ray and the knife in recent years. Cheers

The 2 Bears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiAPXiplhlw

Battles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpGp-22t0lU

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mooeamonn

Kwabs and O Emperor

Hinds and Kwamie Liv

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

pmalone wrote: »
    so long as its not one of those huge family jobs it should be ok.

thanks - will be a small 4 man tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Hey guys, need the names of two lesser known acts to listen to in the next week. I normally have my research done on YouTube by now.been blown away by London grammar chvches fever ray and the knife in recent years. Cheers

Judging by your taste... apart from already mentioned above
    Hundred Waters
    Jack Garratt

also ... SOAK was pretty special at B&S a couple months back. And do not miss Natalie Prass

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Any Spotify EP playlists doing the rounds?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

oh and Pond :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hLWC7xcMVI

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭gandalfio

pmalone wrote: »

LA Priest. Perfectly scheduled to play in Body and Soul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Any camper van site experts on here? been to the last 5 picnics and have never stayed on site. So friend bought a nice "cozy" 4 berth camper but the numbers keep increasing and apparently although they say you cant pitch a tent beside a camper, a lot of people do this.
    we have an awning too but really need to pitch a tent. what are the chances do you think?

Some one mentioned this a day or two ago, is the awning a fully enclosed one? you can set the tent up inside it and no-one is any the wiser.
    Even if it's only a pull out awning, set the tent up under it and it's mostly hidden. The smaller the tent, the safer you will be.
    I think the official ruling is that tents are not allowed, but it will depend on what the security is like in your section, if you get a cnut, you might have to take down the tent, otherwise once the tent isn't drawing attention to itself they probably will leave you alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

We had a camper last year and three tents outside, not a word of warning from Security. Had another a few years back with a gazebo, two tents and a table. You'll be fine.

paulbok wrote: »
    Some one mentioned this a day or two ago, is the awning a fully enclosed one? you can set the tent up inside it and no-one is any the wiser.
    Even if it's only a pull out awning, set the tent up under it and it's mostly hidden. The smaller the tent, the safer you will be.
    I think the official ruling is that tents are not allowed, but it will depend on what the security is like in your section, if you get a cnut, you might have to take down the tent, otherwise once the tent isn't drawing attention to itself they probably will leave you alone.

Ok thanks for the tip. Havent seen the awning but will try to put tent under/in it :-)

• Advertisement

PadraigOK wrote: »
    We had a camper last year and three tents outside, not a word of warning from Security. Had another a few years back with a gazebo, two tents and a table. You'll be fine.

Thanks. Hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

New Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Do they still sell ice in the on site shop? Don't fancy drinking warm cans again so I'm contemplating bringing a cooler with me, just not 100% if I can carry it along with everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They did last year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Did anyone order the Urban Escape 4-man tent from Halfords last week when it was €50? Got confirmation last week that it'd be available for collection today but no word yet, and I see they've taken it down off their site now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trenbrah

I bought a ticket that i suspect is stolen but not sure, will this work? or is there any reason it wouldnt work? i figured if people could cancel tickets and get duplicates printed then they would just sell them with a ready to go phone online and then cancel them and get their new tickets so i should be grand

Why do you suspect it is stolen?

If it is stolen, and was bought online - chances are the owner has reported it and it will have received a new one, and the one you have won't scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Trenbrah wrote: »
    I bought a ticket that i suspect is stolen but not sure, will this work? or is there any reason it wouldnt work? i figured if people could cancel tickets and get duplicates printed then they would just sell them with a ready to go phone online and then cancel them and get their new tickets so i should be grand

What makes you think it was stolen? Did you think this before you bought it or work it out afterwards?

Either way, if it IS stolen it 100% will not work. The original owner has probably had it cancelled and had a new one sent out. The barcode/serial on the original ticket will be blacklisted or deleted from the system, and a new one created for the new ticket. You won't get past the first entry point.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Trenbrah wrote: »

There must be some process to go through if a ticket is stolen, I doubt they'll reprint tickets that easy without having to jump through a few hoops to make it difficult for the touts. What makes you think it was stolen?

Depends on the the bar code that's scanned, either way if it is a stole and duplicate ticket, I'd guess one of you won't get in

• Advertisement

There must be some process to go through if a ticket is stolen, I doubt they'll reprint tickets that easy without having to jump through a few hoops to make it difficult for the touts. What makes you think it was stolen?

Depends on the the bar code that's scanned, either way if it is a stole and duplicate ticket, I'd guess one of you won't get in

Same process I'd imagine for cancelling tickets posted to the wrong address. All I had to do was confirm the last 4 digits of the card used to order, and the original tickets cancelled - new ones sent out.

Unless the tickets were bought with cash at a B&M ticketmaster stall, I'd say if they were stolen - they are cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

buying tickets early is such a good thing, cheaper, less hassle, and there's no need to worry if you'll get in or not. 10/10 would recommend buying a ticket through ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Agreed. SUre if you've mates who've been before you can get them to snap pics of merch and send them in for a big discount, 149.50 weekend tickets is the way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Do they still sell ice in the on site shop? Don't fancy drinking warm cans again so I'm contemplating bringing a cooler with me, just not 100% if I can carry it along with everything else
    put all your other stuff (food, socks, etc) in the cooler to save space.

cold water from the taps works well too in case the shop sells out of ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Did anyone order the Urban Escape 4-man tent from Halfords last week when it was €50? Got confirmation last week that it'd be available for collection today but no word yet, and I see they've taken it down off their site now

I ordered 2 of the 5e jobs last week. Went in to see if there was any sign of them yet but they couldn't find anything. They'll ring me tomorrow with an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Agreed. SUre if you've mates who've been before you can get them to snap pics of merch and send them in for a big discount, 149.50 weekend tickets is the way to go!

That reminds me that I really need to take photos during it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sleeping mats purchased and inflated in front room for the night to check they are ok, sleeping bag washed (for the first time since I bought it many moons ago), think i just need to buy some beer and I'm all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Sleeping mats purchased and inflated in front room for the night to check they are ok, sleeping bag washed (for the first time since bought it many moons ago), think i just need to buy some beer and I'm all set.

Ordered a tent off amazon last night,80 for a 5 man wit large porch. Have everything for campsite, just need beer a wee torch and the bog roll lol

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

I ordered 2 of the 5e jobs last week. Went in to see if there was any sign of them yet but they couldn't find anything. They'll ring me tomorrow with an update.

i ordered the 6 man urban tent, got a text to say it was ordered but nothing
    yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ordered a tent off amazon last night,80 for a 5 man wit large porch. Have everything for campsite, just need beer a wee torch and the bog roll lol

not to big them up or anything but 53degrees north are having their end of season get rid of sh1te sale at the moment, got two vango adventure 5 xl sleeping mats for 30 euro each

on amazon they are 35 sterling.

happy days

Advertisement