Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can someone send me the link to the phone charger things ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Was there a specific one or just a recommendation?

I have the previous gen of this (http://goo.gl/2HP5kb), mines a 15,000mAh and worked a treat last few years

There are cheaper, but there's real life bonus points to be earned with the things if you can charge a few phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Are there security lockers at the picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

dylbert wrote: »
    Are there security lockers at the picnic?

I believe there are lockers available alright. Check on their website to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yes, they're at the top of the Hendrix campsite, beside the arena entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Anyone else staying in BYE Eco Camping, or have you done it before? We've mates going down early on Friday but we'll be in the after work crew, wondering how pack it's likely to get? We can get our tent pitched ahead of time if necessary but I'd prefer to not ask the lads to do that again... after Body & Soul and Castlepalooza I think I might be taking the piss a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Anyone else staying in BYE Eco Camping, or have you done it before? We've mates going down early on Friday but we'll be in the after work crew, wondering how pack it's likely to get? We can get our tent pitched ahead of time if necessary but I'd prefer to not ask the lads to do that again... after Body & Soul and Castlepalooza I think I might be taking the piss a bit...

Stayed there last year and there was loads of room throughout the weekend. Booked in again this year as its a dream compared to the "slums" :D

Aye, we tried the Green site at Body and SOul and tbh I don't think I'd ever go back to 'regular' camping. You get most of the same banter as the main sites (none of the boutique or quiet stuff) with more space, cleaner area and more security!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I ordered the one below on the 28th and it arrived on Monday, so just under 3 weeks. You'll be doing well to have it for EP
    maximoose wrote: »
    Hard to beat Xiaomi 10000mAh bank for $12 - I'd order soon though to have it in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

The magician in the new installation "the Mushroom" is goin to be on the Anton Savavge show in a few mins if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That was a very good trick

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

not allowing me to copy and paste the link,go to amazon.co.UK and search battery packs.
    I got an Anker 13000mAh , does my galaxy 3 times. We'll worth getting. Higher the mAh the better

Was there a specific one or just a recommendation?

I have the previous gen of this (http://goo.gl/2HP5kb), mines a 15,000mAh and worked a treat last few years

There are cheaper, but there's real life bonus points to be earned with the things if you can charge a few phones.

Yup thats the one

declanleo wrote: »
    not allowing me to copy and paste the link,go to amazon.co.UK and search battery packs.
    I got an Anker 13000mAh , does my galaxy 3 times. We'll worth getting. Higher the mAh the better

Just ordered it there

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Really dont want this to turn into an electronics thread but this one is 20800mAH

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Ultra-High-Capacity-20800mAh-Technology-Black/dp/B00M0EWED0/ref=pd_cp_23_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=13NKRYHD63PXBE399ZD1

Is that a huge difference for the extra 7 quid?

11903864_10153461990745428_8017734267654432145_n.jpg?oh=b801e279a3c733da37e53f549a406cc6&oe=564424B0

dublinjen wrote: »
    Really dont want this to turn into an electronics thread but this one is 20800mAH

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Ultra-High-Capacity-20800mAh-Technology-Black/dp/B00M0EWED0/ref=pd_cp_23_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=13NKRYHD63PXBE399ZD1

Big enough.

Here's the best way to work it out. Take the battery out of your phone and see what maH is printed on it (or just google 'yourphonemodel mah'), then divide the charger's mah by that number and you'll have a rough estimate as to how many recharges your device will get from the battery.

I say rough, because the charger itself expends some energy actually transferring the power, and unless you have your phone switched off entirely it'll be sipping a bit of extra power whilst charging, so I'd deduct maybe half a charge to allow for those factors (for example, if you have a 2000mah phone and a 10000mah charger, you'd be looking at 4.5 full charges rather than the 5 you might expect).

Hope that clears things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

11903864_10153461990745428_8017734267654432145_n.jpg?oh=b801e279a3c733da37e53f549a406cc6&oe=564424B0

Would the special guests be an artist already on the bill? if so someone like Villagers or Soak seem a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

http://www.amazon.co.uk/25600mAh-3-Smart-USB-Smartport-PowerBank-Smartphones-Black/dp/B00TDGC9WY/ref=pd_cp_23_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0MNMDJXDNJXWB1ZQ81Y3

This has more again and is cheaper.

The Amazon site is saying it's about an 80% discount for most of these? Is it a sale or what or have they come down loads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 FriendlyBook

Do the food and drink vendors/the various stalls all accept cards for payment? I don't want to be carrying a weekend worth of cash around, and I'm presuming the ATM queues will be awful!

If not, how much money would be roughly enough for the weekend?

Sorry if this is a silly question, it's my first time going!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Would the special guests be an artist already on the bill? if so someone like Villagers or Soak seem a good bet.

seems like a safe bet alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't think any of them accept card tbh, have never seen one that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

tonc76 wrote: »
    Stayed there last year and there was loads of room throughout the weekend. Booked in again this year as its a dream compared to the "slums" :D

Has anyone received a confirmation email from BYE yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Paddy2012 wrote: »

I'd imagine so, Hozier & St Vincent among others played Other Voices last year

Really dont want this to turn into an electronics thread but

I would think so

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Do the food and drink vendors/the various stalls all accept cards for payment? I don't want to be carrying a weekend worth of cash around, and I'm presuming the ATM queues will be awful!

Fairly certain they don't take card. Two years ago I had to ATM queue thanks to being robbed by some scummer. I was in the queue for 2 hours and the machines were randomly eating cards on people and running out of cash. I'd say bring money and "keep it secret, keep it safe"...Depends on yourself really, I'll be bringing 150 to cover the moderately nicer toilets in hendrix, food, drinks and a hair wash....try and count up your meals (probably 12 quid each), pints x €6 and give yourself a buffer in case of emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

No cards it'll have to be cash. The ATM is fairly bleak stuff alright but there are secure lockers you can rent, or leave some cash in your car maybe and get it as you need it. Personally 100euro a day is the absolute minimum I spend. Between food and drink and the buying of random hats you just burn through the money

Just read a review,someone reckoned they charged their iPhone 4times each day (took a lot of photos and vids)at a festival and still had power. Winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

New Jackson.

Very very nice (getting Air flashbacks), well played.

Advertisement