Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Between food and drink and the buying of random hats you just burn through the money

Jay sus, think i spent a grand total of 60 quid at the thing last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I spend more on food that I do on pints at EP.
    Pie Minister & Kanum make a fortune from me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trenbrah

maximoose wrote: »
    Why do you suspect it is stolen?

If it is stolen, and was bought online - chances are the owner has reported it and it will have received a new one, and the one you have won't scan.

it was ordered and posted, then went to the wrong address, and i bought it off the guy who wrongfullly received

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yep, I find between 150 and 200 for the weekend. I plan to spend more on food and less on over-priced pints. NOTE TO SELF: Eat food even when drinking...I tend to forget to eat and I pay for it a few days later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Trenbrah wrote: »
    it was ordered and posted, then went to the wrong address, and i bought it off the guy who wrongfullly received

Did you know this before you bought it?

I doubt you'll get past the first gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

buying tickets early is such a good thing, cheaper, less hassle, and there's no need to worry if you'll get in or not. 10/10 would recommend buying a ticket through ticketmaster

I wasn't the earliest to buy, I bought mine after Interpol were announced (same day as blur). Was in work and someone mentioned Interpol were added but didn't know who they were, in a trance I went to the bathroom got out my phone and bought a ticket off ticketmaster all within 10 minutes of finding out they were coming.

At first I questioned if I acted a bit rash when I looked at my depleted bank balance but thank god I got it sorted then and there. People with early bird tickets had it even better!

Snarky Snark Snark

I suspect you could be royally f**ked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

No cards it'll have to be cash. The ATM is fairly bleak stuff alright but there are secure lockers you can rent, or leave some cash in your car maybe and get it as you need it. Personally 100euro a day is the absolute minimum I spend. Between food and drink and the buying of random hats you just burn through the money
    I suspect you could be royally f**ked

Me too. What kind of a scumbag do you have to be to sell under those circumstances?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

not sure how much I spent last year but I'm sure it was less than some people spent on the ticket alone. I'll do doing a lot more nice food this year though, not brining any of my own food! the lineup for chefs is nearly as big as the music! any idea what way that'll work? are they doing demonstrations during the day then the madly expensive michelin star meal yoke one of the nights? (I won't be doing that since its like 200 quid)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

not sure how much I spent last year but I'm sure it was less than some people spent on the ticket alone. I'll do doing a lot more nice food this year though, not brining any of my own food! the lineup for chefs is nearly as big as the music! any idea what way that'll work? are they doing demonstrations during the day then the madly expensive michelin star meal yoke one of the nights? (I won't be doing that since its like 200 quid)

Michelin Star or not I couldn't be sitting there with a bunch of pretentious clowns eating food while there are DJs and bands belting out tunes..perish the thought.

• Advertisement

Michelin Star or not I couldn't be sitting there with a bunch of pretentious clowns eating food while there are DJs and bands belting out tunes..perish the thought.
    tbh if I could afford it I would do it, I'm sure a lot of the people eating at it are very pretentious but the food would be amazingly good at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trenbrah

maximoose wrote: »
    Did you know this before you bought it?

I doubt you'll get past the first gate.

Yeah but the guy assured me it would be grand as he bought ones in the same circumstances for longitude and they worked.. and i looked it up and it said "the promoter will not issue duplicate tickets" so i figured it would be ok. Very worried now though! Does anyone know how it will actually work like if i get there early will my tickets scan? Also the point about the ticket touts is still valid i think, as they could just sell the same tickets over and over if that was the case, or buy a few tickets at least and sell them all twice

Yeah but the guy assured me it would be grand as he bought ones in the same circumstances for longitude and they worked.. and i looked it up and it said "the promoter will not issue duplicate tickets" so i figured it would be ok. Very worried now though! Does anyone know how it will actually work like if i get there early will my tickets scan? Also the point about the ticket touts is still valid i think, as they could just sell the same tickets over and over if that was the case, or buy a few tickets at least and sell them all twice

I don't know the answer but why can't they just cancel the ticket they sent to the wrong address so when it was scanned it would display that it was recalled. I would think that would be easy.

On the whole arriving early in hope of getting there before the person who bought the original ticket (incase they were the same code) that wouldn't be too nice for the person who went and bought the ticket from a secure site. No offence but I would hope they wouldn't get screwed because of it.

Anyone know for sure what happens?

they won't produce duplicate tickets but they will cancel tickets and issue new ones meaning that it would never end up that the first person to get to the gate would get in, in the case of duplicate tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The tickets will have been voided and new ones issued to the person who bought them - yours won't work I'm afraid.

Snarky Snark Snark

FFS are you trolling or are you 12? Lets be clear here, you've essentially bought nicked tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Try ringing ticketmaster and seeing if theyll check the barcode for you. Unlikely they will but if you tell that story they might pity you.

I would say it's highly likely they won't work though. Get onto the guy and see if you can get your money back, if not start looking into taking him to the small claims court if you can track him down. Touts will tell you the law doesnt care what they do but you'd certainly win a small claims case if you had kept texts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

As others have said, they'll just void your ticket and issue a new one - this isn't a duplicate ticket. A mate of mine lost his and has just gone through the process. They're cancelling the previous ticket and issuing a new one. The old ticket won't scan and thus you won't get in. There isn't anything stopping anyone from selling a ticket, having it cancelled, and getting another issued, which is why you're just taking your chances buying one randomly online. Considering you bought a ticket you knew had been obtained unscrupulously, it would indeed appear that you're not getting in with that ticket. Sorry.

Also
    Yeah but the guy assured me

Of course he did. Bless.

dublinjen wrote: »
    Try ringing ticketmaster and seeing if theyll check the barcode for you. Unlikely they will but if you tell that story they might pity you.

I would say it's highly likely they won't work though. Get onto the guy and see if you can get your money back, if not start looking into taking him to the small claims court if you can track him down. Touts will tell you the law doesnt care what they do but you'd certainly win a small claims case if you had kept texts etc.

Doubt that, they have said a few times for people to buy tickets from Tickermaster or the official reselling site, and how they are not liable for people buying tickets outside of these options. Don't see them pitying anyone I'm afraid.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Doubt that, they have said a few times for people to buy tickets from Tickermaster or the official reselling site, and how they are not liable for people buying tickets outside of these options. Don't see them pitying anyone I'm afraid.

I mean pitying as in letting them know if its a voided ticket, not giving a new one :pac:

• Advertisement

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disposable-Foaming-Toothbrush-xylitol-toothbrushes/dp/B0041M3S7A/ref=pd_sim_200_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=16JNQV87V3YYWNR7DF8H

Seriously considering purchasing self foaming toothbrushes....do you think that's going too far with prep?

I mean pitying as in letting them know if its a voided ticket, not giving a new one :pac:

ha sorry! Minds a bit frazzled at work :P yeah that makes more sense haha

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Seriously considering purchasing self foaming toothbrushes....do you think that's going too far with prep?

well they look gas. Id nearly get some myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disposable-Foaming-Toothbrush-xylitol-toothbrushes/dp/B0041M3S7A/ref=pd_sim_200_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=16JNQV87V3YYWNR7DF8H

All the rage in Japan! Seen these in hotels rooms, I took a bunch of them with me when leaving, never thought to bring them to EP so def gonna put them to use now!

Now if only they had Japanese toilets at EP.....

Snarky Snark Snark

lc180 wrote: »

Robobogs are the shizzle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

ring ticketmaster .. and then if possible (when TM tell you that the ticket has been voided) get your money back.

Snarky Snark Snark

pmalone wrote: »
    ring ticketmaster .. and then if possible (when TM tell you that the ticket has been voided) get your money back.

Why? It's a ticket that was nicked (the seller did not own the ticket!). He should get the money back (if possible), I would recommend not doing this alone.

As for the call....

ring ring....
    "ello this is ticketbastard"
    op "ello, i've a nicked ticket, can I still use it?"
    "f**k off and we'll be passing your # on to the Gardai"

lc180 wrote: »

My missus used to use these before we got all posh and have a campervan:

http://www.traveljohn.com/products/disposabale-urinal/

bloody excellent for use in the middle of the night. They are really good.

Why? It's a ticket that was nicked (the seller did not own the ticket!). He should get the money back (if possible), I would recommend not doing this alone.

As for the call....

ring ring....
    "ello this is ticketbastard"
    op "ello, i've a nicked ticket, can I still use it?"
    "f**k off and we'll be passing your # on to the Gardai"

Or ...

"hello.. A friend of mine has offered me a ticket for EP and I would like to check if it is valid before I accept it. Here is the number ... "

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

pmalone wrote: »
    Or ...

"hello.. A friend of mine has offered me a ticket for EP and I would like to check if it is valid before I accept it. Here is the number ... "

Maybe I'm being a cynical cold hearted bastard, but if someone bought my ticket knowing it was not for sale, i really wouldn't be giving too much of a f**k as to if the poor poppet was worrying if they were going to get in or not.

I'd be doing my best to hunt them down with a baseball bat.

Advertisement