Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Maybe I'm being a cynical cold hearted bastard, but if someone bought my ticket knowing it was not for sale, i really wouldn't be giving too much of a f**k as to if the poor poppet was worrying if they were going to get in or not.

I'd be doing my best to hunt them down with a baseball bat.

I get your point ...

at the end of the day this ticket is stolen .. in fact opening mail not addressed to you is a crime. OP should try to get his/her money back if possible.

I could not myself enter the festival in good conscience knowing that I am using a ticket that someone else paid good money for legitimately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cpt odd Socks

Does anybody know if they will be showing the Hurling final? I know mindfield used to show the all Ireland's but they did not show the Mayo-Kerry game last year..

Also I am booking a private bus to Picnic this year and if anyone is doing the same you need to let the organisers know.. Just a little FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Does anybody know if they will be showing the Hurling final? I know mindfield used to show the all Ireland's but they did not show the Mayo-Kerry game last year..

Also I am booking a private bus to Picnic this year and if anyone is doing the same you need to let the organisers know.. Just a little FYI

It probably will be , that match was in the evening last year so and not a final so that may have had something to do with it.

Its become common knowledge that the gaeilge tent in mindfield has been showing is, so they may not show for fear of the tent being mobbed. If you are desperate to see it go into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

i ordered the 6 man urban tent, got a text to say it was ordered but nothing
    yet.

Did the same, got no update but rang the store and it had arrived for collection.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

F##k him, he bought a knowingly stolen ticket. That is both stupid and wrong. We should not be offering him ANY advice. If karma works, he will show up at the gates of the picnic and be turned away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

OP has a grand total of 3 posts, could well be troll, either way I would suggest ignore.

Distracts the thread from the oncoming joy and rapture

• Registered Users Posts: 9 doughan

Anyone remember the tickets they put on sale a couple of days before it happened last year ? Is that likely to happen again ?

Where did you see this? Can you post a link to where this is stated please? We are doing likewise. Ta

rebelreded wrote: »
    Where did you see this? Can you post a link to where this is stated please? We are doing likewise. Ta

Actually just got it. Link here people....

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/travel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Does anyone have the line-up for last year's Other Voices tent? I know they printed very little info beforehand but i can't find anything.

I remember enjoying a band there and am blanking who it was. Bugging me now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think any of them accept card tbh, have never seen one that does.

There is a good chance though that you could get cash back from the bars, I was able to do this at Life festival but they didn't have an atm onsite, I'm sure the Heineken bars would probably do it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

Mr.S wrote: »
    Final lineup announcenent next week.

(Its a good 'un)

Any hints?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Any hints?

Aphex Twin - nailed on. He does have a new AFX album to promote after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

(Its a good 'un)

I gonna guess madness and the coronas

Snarky Snark Snark

Aphex Twin - nailed on. He does have a new AFX album to promote after all...

Meh, such an announcement would keep the electronic heads happy, thought he was done touring as that moniker though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Sorry folks, just wondering if a pair of wellies is an essential for this festival if it rains? Was going to order a pair online just in case. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

gebbel wrote: »
    Sorry folks, just wondering if a pair of wellies is an essential for this festival if it rains? Was going to order a pair online just in case. Thanks.

Always bring wellies, you can leave them in the car but better to have them an not need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I gonna guess madness and the coronas
    he said "good"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Thanks..while I'm at it......I believe I will drive there by myself and arrive at 9pm on the first night. How much of a nightmare could it be then finding my mates campsite, pitching the tent, carrying in the beer etc. while its dark? Or should I just leave it til the Saturday morning?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

he said "good"!

Madness would be good, no idea who the coronas are though

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Madness are ****ing awesome. Put on one hell of a live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

(Its a good 'un)

Well now I will get my hopes up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

(Its a good 'un)

Very intrigued now. As if there wasnt enough excitement building already!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

I'm well happy with the lineup as is so anything else is a bonus now! Aphex twin would be immense though.

Anyone got any experience of the hot tubs? I've heard they're an awesome hangover cure! Anyone got any idea of price or if they book out quickly for the morning slots?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well there's not a squeak from We are the music makers forum nor Warp about an impending Aphex Twin tour or set of gigs, but fcuk me! It would blow my mind if I saw his name on print in the EP bill, I'd be screaming ABOUT TIME!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

he said "good"!

He did say good, I didn't.
    Both madness and the coronas had supposedly said they'd be playing.

I don't care who's announced at this stage tbh, plenty to see.

Well there's not a squeak from We are the music makers forum nor Warp about an impending Aphex Twin tour or set of gigs, but fcuk me! It would blow my mind if I saw his name on print in the EP bill, I'd be screaming ABOUT TIME!
    I think the .... At the end of the ops comment suggested it was tongue in cheek in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

the_gommes wrote: »

Anyone got any experience of the hot tubs? I've heard they're an awesome hangover cure! Anyone got any idea of price or if they book out quickly for the morning slots?

I'm a major believer in them: showers without a big queue, super relaxing and great for your hangover. I usually book it on Friday afternoon for Saturday lunchtime.

Expect to pay 20-25 euro depending on numbers - possibly less for a really big gang.

Bring yr own togs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

gebbel wrote: »
    Thanks..while I'm at it......I believe I will drive there by myself and arrive at 9pm on the first night. How much of a nightmare could it be then finding my mates campsite, pitching the tent, carrying in the beer etc. while its dark? Or should I just leave it til the Saturday morning?

Absolute nightmare if you ask me! Can you not give your tent to your friends and let them put it up? Then all you have to do is find them.

Advertisement