Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

gebbel wrote: »
    Sorry folks, just wondering if a pair of wellies is an essential for this festival if it rains? Was going to order a pair online just in case. Thanks.

Go down to chadwicks

Thanks..while I'm at it......I believe I will drive there by myself and arrive at 9pm on the first night. How much of a nightmare could it be then finding my mates campsite, pitching the tent, carrying in the beer etc. while its dark? Or should I just leave it til the Saturday morning?

Shouldn't be to hard by text. To find their tent?get one of them to meet you ffs

Mr.S wrote: »
    Final lineup announcenent next week.

(Its a good 'un)

Someone on the ep forum used to come out with similar bull**** in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I'm a major believer in them: showers without a big queue, super relaxing and great for your hangover. I usually book it on Friday afternoon for Saturday lunchtime.

Expect to pay 20-25 euro depending on numbers - possibly less for a really big gang.

Bring yr own togs!
    €25 each?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Aphex Twin - nailed on. He does have a new AFX album to promote after all...

Ha good one, since when does Aphex twin go on tours to promote albums. He'd be totally lost on most of the crowd that heads to the picnic these days anyway.

Probably Madness, they are in Gibraltar sunday night , so friday or saturday so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

rebelreded wrote: »
    Actually just got it. Link here people....

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/travel

Seems a bit ridiculous that you have to give advance notice of a private coach, drivers name, when you'll be arriving/leaving etc.
    Surely it's better to have an unannounced coach than >25 unannounced cars!!

Well there's not a squeak from We are the music makers forum nor Warp about an impending Aphex Twin tour or set of gigs, but fcuk me! It would blow my mind if I saw his name on print in the EP bill, I'd be screaming ABOUT TIME!

BD you've been calling for Aphex twin for a long time now, I think you would actually blow a gasket if they were announced!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭gandalfio

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ha good one, since when does Aphex twin go on tours to promote albums. He'd be totally lost on most of the crowd that heads to the picnic these days anyway.

Probably Madness, they are in Gibraltar sunday night , so friday or saturday so.

How likely do people think this is? Would absolutely love it

Sorry folks, just wondering if a pair of wellies is an essential for this festival if it rains? Was going to order a pair online just in case. Thanks.

The past couple of years have been grand, don't think I used the wellies too much, but 100% you need to bring a pair!!
    There's another 5k people this year, (+12,000 more than <2013) ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! But if we did get a wet year combined with the extra people I'm not entirely sure the setup could cope with this? Very little decking last year! It would be a complete muck fest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Fatfrog wrote: »
    BD you've been calling for Aphex twin for a long time now, I think you would actually blow a gasket if they were announced!!!
    Aphex Twin is one dude.

• Advertisement

Meet ya here in a few days ;)

I hope I am shocked by next weeks announcement but forgive me if I'm not getting excited.

Aphex Twin is one dude.

Ooppps thought it was two guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wonder will we see Bill Bragg again, he's only got one gig on that weekend in Brighton. Hop and a skip to the airport from there for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

declanleo wrote:
    I hope I am shocked by next weeks announcement but forgive me if I'm not getting excited.

I don't know why but I have a feeling on The Libertines and they have a gaping EP sized hole in their schedule. That would be excellent. Obvs The Coronas and Madness are likely too.

Snarky Snark Snark

Libertines...

Suppose they would be useful in taking one for the team and emptying the tents out of kiddies so that I could get up closer to Ms twigs for ... Reasons

And Royal Blood is similarly available....

rebelreded wrote:
    schedule
    And Royal Blood are similarly available....

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The past couple of years have been grand, don't think I used the wellies too much, but 100% you need to bring a pair!!
    There's another 5k people this year, (+12,000 more than <2013) ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! But if we did get a wet year combined with the extra people I'm not entirely sure the setup could cope with this? Very little decking last year! It would be a complete muck fest!!

It it rains,it will be destroyed. The extra camping is to the right as you exit the woods in a field alongside the camper van. It was empty last year. Rain forecast for the Thursday

Libertines...

Suppose they would be useful in taking one for the team and emptying the tents out of kiddies so that I could get up closer to Ms twigs for ... Reasons

Fair play to the mod,his/her earlier comment has generated some interest

Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    It it rains,it will be destroyed. The extra camping is to the right as you exit the woods in a field alongside the camper van. It was empty last year. Rain forecast for the Thursday

It's two weeks away, any weather predictions this far out are to be taken with a lot sized wife lump of salt (she wasn't fat, just big boned), laughed at and then laughed at again on the day if wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Meet ya here in a few days ;)

Ah Mr.S please give us a hint :)
    rebelreded wrote: »
    And Royal Blood is similarly available....

OfYGY.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Ah Mr.S please give us a hint :)

OfYGY.gif

Oh this would be the icing on the cake!!!

Royal blood have to be there!!

Snarky Snark Snark

I really must be getting old, they're totally lost on me, they're not bad, nice clean angry sound, just nothin new in it, would be interested to see if there's a bit more umph to them live

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stick these guys in the EA up against Florence or someone like that and let the carnage begin

I really must be getting old, they're totally lost on me, they're not bad, nice clean angry sound, just nothin new in it, would be interested to see if there's a bit more umph to them live

They're gonna be huge in my opinion, If they produce another 1/2 decent album I think they could rise to Kasibian, Muse level. Haven't seen them live yet, but they certainly seem to pack a punch live, but not too hardcore to push people away!
    Bands in town suggest their tour is over in Aug, so a real possibility!!

Snarky Snark Snark

Suppose it is on their way home, it's possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭dublinjen

Got a headtorch in homestore and more for 2.50 yest (half price camping gear) the yoke is perfect !

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Given talk of lighting and such stuff, now is as good a time as any to remind people to not bring any sort of candle with them and to slap the living sh1te out of anyone you know who is dumb enough to.

Advertisement